New Lincoln LS

Focus06

Lincoln needs a car that will grab the attention of the younger generation. Lexus did this with the IS300, Acura with RSX, Infiniti with G35. All were fairly small, fairly fuel efficient, and extremely engaging to drive.

From what I have heard Volvo is ditching their 5 cylinder engines. I know Ford uses these engines in Europe (Focus ST/RS). Ford should bring these engines to the United States in Lincoln Vehicles. The engines are already designed, already developed, still have much potential, and would give Lincoln an exclusive engine.

Lincoln also needs a new tag line. I propose "Fall in love, not in line". Said tag line needs to come forth in a brand new car.

post-45336-0-20316400-1319932209_thumb.jpg

Edited by Focus06
  • Like 1

*GREAT* tagline, Focus06!! icon14.gif

not sure about the car - too bland imho

- what was the chop's donor?

I'd love to see further development...

- what size is it?

- what other drivetrain(s)?

- RWD, yes?

Don't agree about the 5cyl - much prefer the Nano v6

Edited by 2b2

Sorry, but as a Lincoln LS owner, I don't care for it. It looks like you used the IS300 as the base for your chop with inspiration from the Pontiac G8 at the front. One of the most admirable things about the LS's chiseled styling is how well it has aged, but the car you used as a base is fussy and out-of-character with what the LS was. If anything, use the LS as your base and try to modernize it with new fascias and maybe a tweaked greenhouse.

I also think it's crucial that the long wheelbase remains, because that is what really gave the LS its distinct profile.

lincoln_ls_side_bnlack_2006.jpg

Edited by mustang84isu

Thank You, I was quite happy with the tagline myself.

In terms of styling I was going for something sleek but calm. T

he donor car was a Lexus IS300. I was hoping for it to be about the same size as the Lincoln LS, perhaps a little bit smaller.

The car would be RWD.

I was hoping for the Volvo 5 cylinders because they are efficient and can offer a great deal of power. (There is also a diesel variant if I remember correctly. I was hoping Lincoln could use this motor to bring out a diesel hybrid.)

1st one is updated styling. second is longer wheel base with addition of lower grill.

*GREAT* tagline, Focus06!! icon14.gif

not sure about the car - too bland imho

- what was the chop's donor?

I'd love to see further development...

- what size is it?

- what other drivetrain(s)?

- RWD, yes?

Don't agree about the 5cyl - much prefer the Nano v6

post-45336-0-88621200-1320272129_thumb.jpg

post-45336-0-86102200-1320275154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Focus06
  • Like 1

I like the progress of cleaning up the side & the larger C-pillar makes a big improvement imho

but

think using a different donor car (or just the front) might be easier...

...came across THIS today while looking for something else, don't remember ever seeing it before

whacha think?

I like the progress of cleaning up the side & the larger C-pillar makes a big improvement imho

but

think using a different donor car (or just the front) might be easier...

...came across THIS today while looking for something else, don't remember ever seeing it before

whacha think?

how about this? lowered body, slightly changed lips, different headlights.

post-45336-0-87576000-1320805818_thumb.jpg

Edited by Focus06