Mustang V6 Mayhem

stevhen

I was looking to get the 2012 Mustang with the Mayhem package, but I don't see the Automatic Trans. Whats the deal with that? I can drive a stick but I don't want a stick. We are buying these cars give us what we want.

Same deal as to why Ford doesn't offer an automatic transmission on the Boss 302, Shelby GT500, or the GT w/Brembo Brake package - because it doesn't make any sense.

Why would you want to pair a performance oriented option package in the Mustang with a slushbox? :banghead:

Same deal as to why Ford doesn't offer an automatic transmission on the Boss 302, Shelby GT500, or the GT w/Brembo Brake package - because it doesn't make any sense.

Why would you want to pair a performance oriented option package in the Mustang with a slushbox? :banghead:

Because I want a SLUSH BOX. I pay my money I want my "6 SPEED Don't miss a Shift "SLUSH BOX".

Daft as it seems, 2013 MY Mustang V6 will offer the 6-speed automatic and Mayhem (V6 Performance Package) as a possible combination. Additionally, the automatic receives the "SelectShift" feature for manual gear selection.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I want a SLUSH BOX. I pay my money I want my "6 SPEED Don't miss a Shift "SLUSH BOX".

I have a real prejudice against the getting the V6 model with stick. I know it's a bit quicker but it just seems so low rent. Oddly, If I bought the GT, I'd get the stick because it's a performance car and I'd want the best performance for that model, not to mention the greater driver involvement and the terrific sounds eminating from the exhaust when you leave it in lower gears. But if I bought a V6 model I would get the automatic as I know I'm not buying the hi-perf model. Still, I'd want the stiffer gearing for improved acceleration and better braking of the Performance Package and would order that if it was available. The 3.7L is a great engine making more HP than the old 5.0s from the 80s/90s. They're quicker than many of them too, despite the increase in weight and size of the newer models.

I have a real prejudice against the getting the V6 model with stick. I know it's a bit quicker but it just seems so low rent. Oddly, If I bought the GT, I'd get the stick because it's a performance car and I'd want the best performance for that model, not to mention the greater driver involvement and the terrific sounds eminating from the exhaust when you leave it in lower gears. But if I bought a V6 model I would get the automatic as I know I'm not buying the hi-perf model. Still, I'd want the stiffer gearing for improved acceleration and better braking of the Performance Package and would order that if it was available. The 3.7L is a great engine making more HP than the old 5.0s from the 80s/90s. They're quicker than many of them too, despite the increase in weight and size of the newer models.

Would you have bought a 2005 GT with a stick? Because the 3.7L has better performance than the 05 GT IIRC.

todays v6 mustangs easily out power, and out perform a good majority of the "hot rods" even from the 60's. the manual trans is the only way to fly. a friend of mine, who's a corporate pilot, and flight instructor just picked up an 012 v6 ragtop with a manual transmission. he loves the car, and has already had it in the low 14's, which again is faster than the average hot rod from the 60's.

just sayin.......

This thread was supposed to be about the "Mayhem" package and instead it morphed int oa discussion of transmissions. Just to get back on track:

Car and Driver had a review of the 6 with 19" rims and summer only tires, parts of the package, and they observed that on the cone test, it was all but unmanageable. I don't get it. Is the Performance Package "unmanageable" in traffic?

This thread was supposed to be about the "Mayhem" package and instead it morphed int oa discussion of transmissions. Just to get back on track:

Car and Driver had a review of the 6 with 19" rims and summer only tires, parts of the package, and they observed that on the cone test, it was all but unmanageable. I don't get it. Is the Performance Package "unmanageable" in traffic?

Unimaginable...