More 2013 Fusion/MKZ Spy Shots

that looks like a goddam hatchback.

The rear glass is very fast. It looks OK, but there are a couple of issues for me. First, it makes for a very large rear package tray, which will cause a huge sunload in sunny U.S. states. Second, it makes the decklid smaller, and makes putting packages in the trunk more difficult, particularly if they are a bit awkward or of the "big box" variety. That's one of the key issues I had with both my MKS and my Taurus. Large trunks but terrible access.

• Like 1

that looks like a goddam hatchback.

I'm hoping both of these are a tertiary body style:

- hatchback for the Fundeo

- sliding glass roof for the Z

&

that the main-U.S. sedan bodies will have distinct-enough greenhouses/C-pillars that not only will the Fusion be recognizable as a Ford from a "hundred yards" but the Z will be both a Lincoln and Not-A-Fusion from the same distance

What's with all the horizontal bars in the Fusion's grille? I don't remember seeing those in previous spy shots. Don't like from what I see of it.

those are aero-grille-shutters

Second, it makes the decklid smaller, and makes putting packages in the trunk more difficult, particularly if they are a bit awkward or of the "big box" variety. That's one of the key issues I had with both my MKS and my Taurus. Large trunks but terrible access.

Ford wants you to buy a Focus Hatchback/Escape/Edge/Flex/Explorer LOL

Ford wants you to buy a Focus Hatchback/Escape/Edge/Flex/Explorer LOL

or one of these.....

m1eyum3b152v.jpg

oops not available.

Agree with you Austin that Ford is branded with the sister/twin stigma, whereas the others you mention get a pass on the shared looks.

I do think the MK Z will have the rear side window C-pillar cut out like the current MK S, with softer edges in the side panels and front hood compared to the next Fusion.

Also I think the MK Z will be a sport back similar to the Volvo S60 and new Audi A7 with some wide shoulders.

Audi_A7_side_fac_790230artw.jpg

probably not as dramatic as the A7 rear end, but execution wise similar.

Edited by MKII

I'm guessing there will be 4 distinct body styles for this car:

1. sedan (Mondeo/Fusion)

2. hatchback (Mondeo)

3. wagon (Mondeo)

4. "4 door coupe" (MKZ)

Based on the spy photos, you can see that MKZ will have a very fast angle in the back but I'm certain Lincoln won't be getting a hatchback so something along the lines of VW Passat CC is probably what the MKZ will look like vs more traditional sedan/hatch for the Fusion/Mondeo.

I'm guessing there will be 4 distinct body styles for this car:

1. sedan (Mondeo/Fusion)

2. hatchback (Mondeo)

3. wagon (Mondeo)

4. "4 door coupe" (MKZ)

Based on the spy photos, you can see that MKZ will have a very fast angle in the back but I'm certain Lincoln won't be getting a hatchback so something along the lines of VW Passat CC is probably what the MKZ will look like vs more traditional sedan/hatch for the Fusion/Mondeo.

Just not seeing it. The roofline looks to be identical on every Fusion and MKZ spy shot I've seen. The C-pillars may be unique, but the underlyign structure sure doesn't appear to be. And they all appear to be 3-box sedans.

Just not seeing it. The roofline looks to be identical on every Fusion and MKZ spy shot I've seen. The C-pillars may be unique, but the underlyign structure sure doesn't appear to be. And they all appear to be 3-box sedans.

There is no way Ford will introduce a new Mondeo without wagon or hatchback bodystyles which accounts for 90% of sales volume in Europe; so I don't think the fact that we've only seen 1 test mule bodystyle really mean anything, other than that we know MKZ has a coupe like rear roof that has a very fast angle.

There is no way Ford will introduce a new Mondeo without wagon or hatchback bodystyles which accounts for 90% of sales volume in Europe; so I don't think the fact that we've only seen 1 test mule bodystyle really mean anything, other than that we know MKZ has a coupe like rear roof that has a very fast angle.

They sell the Focus wagon in Europe as well and don't get it here. Just because the Mondeo may see it doesn't mean the Fusion will. And that "coupe like rear roof" looks exactly the same to me as the obviously 3-box body of the Fusion sedan also pictured above.

The rear glass is very fast. It looks OK, but there are a couple of issues for me. First, it makes for a very large rear package tray, which will cause a huge sunload in sunny U.S. states.

There'll probably be a power deployable rear sunshade (at least on the MKZ).