Mustang Boss 351 in 2014 ????

gafry

Have they even announced the exact metric displacement yet to suggest it would even be a 351?

They played with the bore/stroke to get the 5.4L up to 5.8L

Remember the "new" 5.0L uses the same bore spacing and deck height as the 4.6L. Thin wall liners for a bigger bore and a bit of stroke got them to 5.0L Good marketing move ! It is NOT the same block that was used in the FR500.

Also, that is not a "standard" block. It is unique. I think it came out of the Ford Racing Catalog.

I think it would be an outstanding idea to build a Mach1 with a 351 as the next special Mustang. We've had the Shelby, the Bullitt, and the Boss 302 so the Mach1 would fit right in for 2013 & 2014 before the big change in the Mustang away from retro styling. Make mine Race Red with a black leather iunterior and a six speed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Speculate all you want Mustang Boss fans but Ford said all along that the Boss 302 would be available for only the 2012 & 2013 model years. There is NO Boss Mustang available for the 2014 Model Year as evidenced by looking at the 2014 Mustang Order Guide. The 2014MY Mustang is the last of this generation and Ford's time and efforts are better spent preparing for the next generation Mustang!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speculate all you want Mustang Boss fans but Ford said all along that the Boss 302 would be available for only the 2012 & 2013 model years. There is NO Boss Mustang available for the 2014 Model Year as evidenced by looking at the 2014 Mustang Order Guide. The 2014MY Mustang is the last of this generation and Ford's time and efforts are better spent preparing for the next generation Mustang!

They said they were doing 2 year like they did for the first Boss 302. But what came the year after? The Boss 351. They might not do it. But why not?

Edited by 02lightning

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...