Ford to reinvent Merc[ury]

Sources say: that Ford is considering on reviving Merc[ury] as it's premium brand. That's not a typo either, as word is (err... documented proposals) that, what was once, Mercury will now be referred to as "Merc" in official speech Though the Mercury name will still be represented, when written... but only on documents, as Merc[urie]s [going forward] will only be defined as such by logo and design language. Sound crazy? I'm sure my sentence structure helped :P ...as was the intentionshades.gif

This proposal also ...proposes (LOL)... that the Lincoln brand be phased out, or reduced to a single architecture... err model.

I know, blasphemy... but so was the whole round earth idea. Could this "Merc" be the luxury brand we wished lincoln could be?.. or is this just a load of crap?hysterical.gifstirpot.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Sources say: that Ford is considering on reviving Merc[ury] as it's premium brand. That's not a typo either, as word is (err... documented proposals) that, what was once, Mercury will now be referred to as "Merc" in official speech Though the Mercury name will still be represented, when written... but only on documents, as Merc[urie]s [going forward] will only be defined as such by logo and design language. Sound crazy? I'm sure my sentence structure helped :P ...as was the intentionshades.gif

This proposal also ...proposes (LOL)... that the Lincoln brand be phased out, or reduced to a single architecture... err model.

I know, blasphemy... but so was the whole round earth idea. Could this "Merc" be the luxury brand we wished lincoln could be?.. or is this just a load of crap?hysterical.gifstirpot.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Sources ....? Where? Who? C'mon man....really? Ford just paid off dealers to close Mercury down....

alian.gif

or

drop.gif THUD!

This had better not be a cruel joke! :finger:

&

it's a bit ahead of my Mercury: Mission 2020 timeline

&but

Lincoln without a Continental doesn't really EXIST anyway Cheshire.gif

&tho

if they boost the luxury & features & styling on all the F-Awd's

add a "Lincoln-worthy" Mustang-co-platformed COUGAR

and just have the GRwdP Continental as the only Lincoln car Continental.gif

(don't personally CARE about the Navidinosaur)

IT COULDN"T BE ANY WORSE

Edited by 2b2

Christmas is coming, we need better joke!

Here is a one. The pharmaceutical company Merck will merge with Ford motor company, so that Ford can sell a premium car called Merck.And Merck can sell a antiviral drug called Lincoln. Due to some unknown reason, Ford mis-spell Merck as Merc, both companies believe that Merc is a better name than Merck is, so they decide to call it Merc.

Edited by weiweishen

Yeah and Fiat - Chrysler should stop selling cars under the Dodge name and bring back AMC. Dodge should be used only for trunks. MY 2015 American Motors cars will include the Hornet, Gremlin, Ambassador, and of course the all new downsized and modernized Challenger will be called Javelin!

Yeah and Fiat - Chrysler should stop selling cars under the Dodge name and bring back AMC. Dodge should be used only for trunks. MY 2015 American Motors cars will include the Hornet, Gremlin, Ambassador, and of course the all new downsized and modernized Challenger will be called Javelin!

Don't leave out the Flying Matador!!

Scaramang.jpg

• Like 1

Happy December Fools!.. fools...shades.gif

For those of you that took this as it was intended, congratulations on maintaining a sense of humor. For those of you who actually believed I was serious.... well, oh well. I guess, even the most painfully obvious joke, couldn't be obvious enough... but then again, amidst the ridiculous satirical nature of the post, I've actually seen stuff similar to this on that "other" forum (starts with a C and ends with a 5).

Cheers,

laugh.gif

Happy December Fools!.. fools...shades.gif

For those of you that took this as it was intended, congratulations on maintaining a sense of humor. For those of you who actually believed I was serious.... well, oh well. I guess, even the most painfully obvious joke, couldn't be obvious enough... but then again, amidst the ridiculous satirical nature of the post, I've actually seen stuff similar to this on that "other" forum (starts with a C and ends with a 5).

Cheers,

laugh.gif

Hope you enjoy your status as troll in the realm of the likes of P71Crown_Vic, mlhm5, T-Stag, and the quickly rising Ford Jellymoulds.... :confused: