2011 F350 front end shake

CuriousG

• 3 months later...

I had a former Ford F350 Mono that had the death wobble. I chased it all around through changing steering stabilizers, wheel bearings, spindles, tie rod and drag link ends and checking the ball joints on the knuckles. After nothing solved it I was laying under the truck doing an oil change and saw that it had a panhard rod that I was unaware of. The bushing on one end of the panhard rod was totally shot. I replaced just the bushing at a cost of $12 and the death wobble was gone forever. If there's any noticeable wear in the panhard rod bushings it will allow lateral movement of the front axle counter to the drag link causing an uncontrolled oscillation.

• Like 2

After watching the video, I have to say I am shocked. Surprised! If this was a Dodge or Chevy HD, I would say ok. I am not bashing those by any means. I have experienced the wobble in both. I have never had a SD do that. I still believe the SD are the toughest with a great smooth ride.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a 2011 F250 Lariat that has the wobble. Took to Ford and had all bushings replaced in front end along with new shocks, stabilizer, drag links, tires, wheel slugs and alignment. Total cost of just under $3000. Two weeks later the wobble is back! I have always had an issue when hitting a bump even if i dont get the Death Wobble i get a shake like it had a bad strut. The dealer has no answer other than they have done everything they would do to cure it! And every now and then i get a vibration in the wheel when turning mostly left. I can not believe they cant fix this.

Edited by thenealyoung

I have a 2011 F250 Lariat that has the wobble. Took to Ford and had all bushings replaced in front end along with new shocks, stabilizer, drag links, tires, wheel slugs and alignment. Total cost of just under $3000. Two weeks later the wobble is back! I have always had an issue when hitting a bump even if i dont get the Death Wobble i get a shake like it had a bad strut. The dealer has no answer other than they have done everything they would do to cure it! And every now and then i get a vibration in the wheel when turning mostly left. I can not believe they cant fix this.

I had a former Ford F350 Mono that had the death wobble. I chased it all around through changing steering stabilizers, wheel bearings, spindles, tie rod and drag link ends and checking the ball joints on the knuckles. After nothing solved it I was laying under the truck doing an oil change and saw that it had a panhard rod that I was unaware of. The bushing on one end of the panhard rod was totally shot. I replaced just the bushing at a cost of $12 and the death wobble was gone forever. If there's any noticeable wear in the panhard rod bushings it will allow lateral movement of the front axle counter to the drag link causing an uncontrolled oscillation.

Check that panhard rod....bushings were probably not checked and if they were, they might have thought they were "O.K."....replace 'em anyway.....

• 2 weeks later...

I had front end wobble going between 40mph to 65mph. I took it back to the dealer and they checked every bushing, ball joint, shocks steering kit, and CV's and they couldn't figure it out. Eventually they just said the vehicle didn't have an issue and that's just the way the truck rode. I eventually looked into it myself and ended up getting in contact with ReadyLIFT and got their adjustable track bar, http://www.readylift.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=77-2000 . After installing it I noticed the difference immediately. I no longer experienced the death wobble on the highway. Overall I was happy with the kit. Took care of the issue for me.

• 4 months later...

At 100,000 miles I got the death wobble on my 2011 F350. I replaced the front steering dampner, which helped, But still had the problem.

I finally replaced the front bearings/hubs and it cleared up my problem.

As indicated by all the comments above, It can be a problem because of many small problems that in combination create the problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello folks

I'm back again with about 21,000 miles on the 2017 and you guessed it. Same as before and if anything, worse.

I will be calling the dealership and hopefully it's taken care of just like the last time. The potholes around here are not always avoidable and it really pisses some people off when you go from 55mph to 15 just to stop the shake. They don't know what your doing. I see a road rage insident in my future if it's not fixed.

I will keep in touch. -G

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...