2013 Ford Fusion Debuts

Your right I know that the Fusion will have to give the MKZ a lead in offering better performance options, but it would have been nice to see the Sport return with a little more pop. The EB 2.0 will move the car just fine, but this vehicle looks like something that is just screaming for a performance version whether that be a V6 or a larger EB 4.

Hi 2005.:D And we will get it. Just not right away. Performance versions rarely/never roll out with initial introductions of newly redesigned models, not even for Porsche, BMW etc.. Have to get the bread-and-butter models out to the public first. It took four model years last generation, but we will not have to wait nearly as long this generation. And what we get will be much better this time. Patience grasshopper!:lurk:

Good luck.:beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I think I have to wait to see it in person. I keep getting stuck on the fact that from the front 3/4 view everything from the rear wheel well back looks like a LAST GENERATION Focus. I do like the interior and most of the rest. I know people actually like the Sonata, but I'm hoping the overall effect isn't as close to it as I fear it might be.

WOW. All I can say is wow. The interior looks to be North American in design. Good. I think the Euro-centric interior is hurting the Focus.

Yes I like the North American interior design. So much better then the odd Euro stuff in the Fiesta, Focus and next Escape.

Top engine is the 2.0L Ecoboost with 237 HP, ouch...Sonata is already pumping out 270...with it's I4, and every other one is already hitting 260+ easily..Camry, Mazda6, etc.

If the EB 2.0 stays at 237 HP it will be underpowered in it's class. Maybe it and the Escape will receive a more powerful version. I guess those specs will come later since I didn't notice any HP figures released yet.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Top engine is the 2.0L Ecoboost with 237 HP, ouch...Sonata is already pumping out 270...with it's I4, and every other one is already hitting 260+ easily..Camry, Mazda6, etc.

(sigh)

No V6, class-trailing HP on top engine option, dammit. They took away cylinders and cubes alike.

I know, I know, most people buy the more "pedestrian" versions and modern 4 bangers are making the power of yesterday's V6s, yeah, yeah, yeah. The mpg numbers look magnificent, and the car is thoroughly refreshed. It's just hard on some of us that know how much motor can be had in Accords, Camrys, Altimas, and even Sonatas when mpg is NOT your biggest consideration.

If a Sport/ST version makes it right, then great. In the meantime, I'm trying to wrap my mind around 1.6 liters in a mid-size sedan. I know they do it in Europe...but this ain't Europe.

• Like 2

(sigh)

No V6, class-trailing HP on top engine option, dammit. They took away cylinders and cubes alike.

I know, I know, most people buy the more "pedestrian" versions and modern 4 bangers are making the power of yesterday's V6s, yeah, yeah, yeah. The mpg numbers look magnificent, and the car is thoroughly refreshed. It's just hard on some of us that know how much motor can be had in Accords, Camrys, Altimas, and even Sonatas when mpg is NOT your biggest consideration.

If a Sport/ST version makes it right, then great. In the meantime, I'm trying to wrap my mind around 1.6 liters in a mid-size sedan. I know they do it in Europe...but this ain't Europe.

Ford has always been known to be the company that trails in power when it comes to midsize cars and utilities so I can't say I am surprised, however it would have been nice to shake that image this time around. Oh well maybe in a year or two we will see a more powerful engine option after Lincoln gets a chance to shine for a little while.

Reading through that press release make me wonder how big the bag of tricks is going to be for the MKZ. If all of that is packed into the 'mundane' Fusion...The Lincoln should be amazing.

After I read the release above and thought the same exact thing. By including the lane keeping and adaptive cruise technologies, there has to be all sorts of great stuff in the MKZ and I really believe the engine with grunt is going to show up in the MKZ.