Old timers...

slingshot

I logged in to check on this place a few months ago and the same thread is still at the top of the page. I got excited for a sec then realized the thread was only 4 pages long. :banghead: Oh well, I miss all the tech talk, IPIE was pretty hilarious. Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday season...hell by the time someone reads this I should just include Valentines Day as well! lol

KU Cobra

• 2 weeks later...

Well...No shit!?!! How y'all doing? Like most of you, I just happened to check in and see this thread. I hope everyone is doing well and aging like fine wine. ( Or vinegar in some cases.) It's good to see all the old names and I wonder about others. Still have My slow Cobra, but don't race so much any more. MY nemesis moved away and took his batmobile to Long Island. The old snake hasn't turned 25k on it yet. I too wish there was some way to get the old threads back (IPIE), and just hang out and signify and BS like before. Looked at a Shelby , but they wouldn't talk trade on my old swayback 85 GT. Screw 'em. I wouldn't part with it anyway. Couldn't get next to a $30,000 market adjustment charge. TA! HA !HA! Well..be cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Goofing around the 'net and saw this site... and few familiar names. Just stopped by to say Hi and see if any of the old crew ('99 Cobra guys) were here. [...]

Yep. But I see our post numbers are reset to zero. I joined in 99. Almost 8 years ago.

I am going to be looking for a new Mustang. Not sure if I want to go the Cobra route. I want an Explorer or Mariner Hybrid first tho.

I don't even know what made me look at this site today, I really did think it was dead. I miss this message board and all the old gang -- I miss everyone so much (of course it looks like nothing has changed! -- and I am glad). This was the spot to be if you bought a 99.

It is nice to see old friends are still here. I've been spending more time at SVT Performance -- Terminator Talk.

Bad Pony, how is 'bama treating you these days? It is 4 degrees here and the inversion (code word for extreme smog mixed with fog) is going on 6 weeks straight. God, if I could just figure out how to move my firm to the south and have an automatic clientile, I would move in a heartbeat! However, a architectural practice is hard to move.

I finally started doing some track event, mostly SVT On-Track or club racing events. I have to say, I love it -- unfortunately, it gets very expensive very quickly. After dominating the novice class for two years, I was forced to move up to the intermediate classes. I suck!! The only good news is I am the fasted woman on the track -- of couse I am (usually) the only woman on the track. There are two things I think would help me improve: 1) track tires, and 2) I think I need to push myself (and the car) to the point we spin off the track -- I think the car can do more than I think.

VTSnake, how can you retire at your age? We miss you in SLC, email me and tell me how I can do this -- retire! Last time I checked, architects worked until they died -- or live under viaducts.

I just noticed this site reset my posts -- that justs sucks!

Edited by Robyn

• 2 months later...

Yeah, kinda the same thing here. I thought that we were all banned after the HITMAN/Union fiasco, man that was fun! Still have the '00 GT, just put 4 new coils on plug in, that fixed up a lot of problems, including the 1-2 shift lag. Have a '04 F150 Lariat now, spend some time on the F150 Forums as TysonsLariat, Redbone, sadly, was already taken. Also spent some time on the Philosophy Forum battling liberals, that is where I went after BON. Never did have a Cobra, probably never will. Like the '08 Challenger, though, but will probably never see one of them, either. But my real love is the 2006 Super D, 200mph never exceed, +6 -5 Gs, cruises at 140 and stalls at ~50. Very fun.

Edited by Redbone

• 2 months later...
I totally forgot about this site till recently.

It's good to check in once in a while and see if everyone's OK.

Here's some poor woos who made the mistake of trading in detroit iron for Japanese tin:

All in all I love the car, but it has too many issues. I'm sure most other Evo owners would say other wise. Keep in mine I am 31 and have a family. I like performance cars, not so I can abuse them, just drive them. Coming out of a 2004 Mustang Cobra, this car (Evo) handles better, sits better, but the Cobra had no issues whats so ever. I had a bad experience with Mitsubishi before, gave them another shot. Never again.

http://www.carsurvey.org/review_99537.html

"Sits better?" The poser poses better in a tin can?

If you can't drive a car hard without it falling apart, how can you call it a performance car?

:-)

Edited by ExIntegra

• 2 weeks later...

I really miss all you guys...we did some wild shit and had a lot of fun here.

My update: Yesterday was my 37th weddig anniversary and she still drives like me!!! I would be lost without her :happy feet:

We have a new set of vehicles...getting older you know and more conservative.....still adding more later as usual.

2007 Mercedes C230 Sport - wife's new daily driver, SportTrac gone.

2005 Focus ST commuter car - mine, just turned 30K, good little car

2007 Suburban LTZ - mine, alleged tow vehicle, only has 3150 miles since Oct 06.....I love this thing, shitty mpg & all!!!!

2002 SVT Focus, son's car, my wallet it seems.....

1993 LX 5.0 SSC FHP car, my son & I co-own this one, mostly restored now, building a 331 Turbo to replace tired stock block.

Everything else pretty much done mechanically except 5-lug and that will be shortly, 3' Cowl and frt clip just painted.

1991 LX 5.0 Vert, Cobra shortblock, forged internals etc, etc, Vortech S-Trim with 3 position adjustable boost, (10 psi, 12psi & 14psi),

probably will convert to turbo when '93 is finished sucking up $$$$

This is our new Mommy & Daddy "toy" and Mustang Club Car. It went 10.91, but only once...no cage, no encore. I am upgrading it to

a MM rollcage and Corbeau seats for cruising and track days. Everything from 3" Cowl to 5 lugs and Cobra

brakes done, need to paint it, and replace the cloth top, ( on order - $1400!!! damn), this is a work-in progress right now.

2002 GT Vert, just turned 66,000 miles, still looks new and with the SCT2 tune and exhaust and CAI went 13.8 in Drive

with 2 people aboard, slow but pretty!!!!

My attempt to buy a GT500 seems done, I still won't pay the huge markup, and we cancelled our Shelby GT when we saw it,

way to ugly for us, hood scoop and tailpipes look like ricer boy put them on; plus only 319 hp. If I wanted a $39,000 GT, I'd buy one from Steeda and be way ahead of this thing.

We are planning to retire in the next 2 years or so, before I'm dead, and are deciding where to build our final house. NH is in the lead right now, but who knows what could happen. I will sell my MA house and its 20 acres.

I want a 12 car garage with an attached kitchen and bedroom; the wife seems less than thrilled about that configuration...I see compromise

big time!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe a medium size 4/3 will pass the requirements for her...grandkids need sleepover space after all.

The excitement of getting old continues, I am finally needing to have my back surgery NOW, Spur Fractures & 3 crushed discs seem to

require immediate attention my surgeon tells me. Happening in August, then up to Boston in Oct for a couple weeks of rest.

OH Yeah, VICODIN rocks, did you know you can walk, get dressed, & drive and shift & everything with this wonder drug.....then the shit wears off.....WOW is that not any fun!!!!!.....until we re-medicate :happy feet: ....then again you think cool, and again the shit wears off....very frustrating when you are crippled and can't bend over and stuff..........so whatever it takes I'm doing the fix. Using a cane and/or crutches sucks.

Let's make an attempt to keep this shell of our old hangout going everybody check-in at least once a week OK?

Later guys and be nice to a Veteran once a day, we appreciate it!!!

John

Yeah, kinda the same thing here. I thought that we were all banned after the HITMAN/Union fiasco, man that was fun!

Hey, I'm still here and the union fags are still queer. I wonder if Jeff Ballgrope and Butt Stabb still give each other daily reach-arounds? :hysterical:

This is nuts!! I can't believe the board is still alive.

This is where I got my "Cobra" start back in 00. The 99 is gone.

I'm in an 03 now. I do a lot of autocrossing and track days. Haven't been to a drag strip in years. Much easier on the half shafts. I go through tires and brakes like crazy.

Is Joe Lynch still around??

Dave P

03 Cobra Conv

10th Anniv

37 years, way to go! I had my 25th last month.

This is cool. I will be celebrating our 43rd in Nov.

Oldracer

You need to get a Duramax and drop all those slow cars. :finger::stirpot:

I will start checking in every week cause I miss all you guys.

trans man

Edited by Mike L.

Hey guys,

I saw a green 99 Cobra, north bound on I-65 today. Did a double take and

saw CadMan purring along. I gave him a couple of beeps on the horn, but

he was locked in on the traffic. I made him change lanes, but still no response.

I think he had 4.30 grears at one time, maybe he was watching the tach.

I am still in my red 99, about to click over to 30,000, a good time to change oil.

Railroad,

transman!!!

Great to hear from you again...I miss you and Hitman taking pompous idiot trolls apart, ( Not you Tony V),

If GM had put a Duramax in my 2007 LTZ 'Burb, I would have that instead of the 6.0 that's in it....

The other race shop truck is a 4 door crew cab Duramax 4X4 with Banks parts...the guy who bought the shop from me owns that vehicle....

I like it, but its a country mile long....

I am really talking myself into a Z06...maybe even the rumored Z07 next year...I love Mustangs, but the Vette is just mind boggling to drive. Its sorta like a Porsche Turbo on Steroids and amphetamines all at once...almost enough power to never get boring too....

The one I road tested last year, (my cousin's car), is now done and ready to race...I will drive it again in Oct, back permitting, and dial in the setup for him....

I advised him to get some track time, I'm not dialing that in on the street.....I'd never get out of jail.....

We are all getting older, but it seems none of us are more mature Thank God!!!!!!!

I still love a smoky burnout for 200-300 feet, it just feels so damn good!!!!!

My new Sherriff buddy wasn't amused, but saw my DAV pin and let me go with a lecture.....bless his little heart!!!

Last comment was; you are getting too old for this type of thing......HELL NO I"M NOT!!!!!!

transman!!!

Great to hear from you again...I miss you and Hitman taking pompous idiot trolls apart, ( Not you Tony V),

If GM had put a Duramax in my 2007 LTZ 'Burb, I would have that instead of the 6.0 that's in it....

The other race shop truck is a 4 door crew cab Duramax 4X4 with Banks parts...the guy who bought the shop from me owns that vehicle....

I like it, but its a country mile long....

I am really talking myself into a Z06...maybe even the rumored Z07 next year...I love Mustangs, but the Vette is just mind boggling to drive. Its sorta like a Porsche Turbo on Steroids and amphetamines all at once...almost enough power to never get boring too....

The one I road tested last year, (my cousin's car), is now done and ready to race...I will drive it again in Oct, back permitting, and dial in the setup for him....

I advised him to get some track time, I'm not dialing that in on the street.....I'd never get out of jail.....

We are all getting older, but it seems none of us are more mature Thank God!!!!!!!

I still love a smoky burnout for 200-300 feet, it just feels so damn good!!!!!

My new Sherriff buddy wasn't amused, but saw my DAV pin and let me go with a lecture.....bless his little heart!!!

Last comment was; you are getting too old for this type of thing......HELL NO I"M NOT!!!!!!

I've been told that the new Camaro will be available with the Z06 motor. I will probably own that car. I need a rear seat so that I can tell everyone they can't sit in it. :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

Transman is telling it like it is. You guy's really do need to try cruising around in a 7000 pound truck with real power. I really shouldn't drive a diesel the way I do, but then again, I can fix it if I have to, and I know of a great transmission shop.

Still have the '99, but the new truck has only let me drive the Cobra 900 miles this year.

• 4 weeks later...

What's up guys! Still got the 99 Cobra (only 30000 miles). Anyone in SoCal got a stock H pipe I could buy or borrow for my smog check? California :banghead:

Engine: P-1sc @ 10psi, MAC catted H-pipe, MAC cat back, Autologic, 42#, Pro-M Univer MAF

Susp: Steeda SFCs, Kenny Brown STB, Eibach Pros, Bilstein HDs, KB caster plates