Old timers...

slingshot

glad to see you all are still around. i've bought half a dozen cars since my 99 but i still have the '99. kept mine NA. now it has an SHM 5.0 Bigbore with 12.5:1 compression. Got the whole engine pkg from intake to headers. supposedly makes 700+ on large spray :stop: but i'm very happy with my 385 to the ground and 16mpg city. it only gets a couple hundred miles a month now.

Holy crap, i dont know why i ventured over to this board. I must have been bored at work.

All we need is Norm and emk113(mike K.) and this is a huge reunion.

Wow great to see that all of you are doing well. I still have my 01, still runs, but with a little more umph!

-pAul

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah mine is over in louisiana. I asked the guy to sell it back to me and he wont. I'm wondering what he did to it though. he says he just got a new dyno tune and made 300rwhp and the guy was saying its so much stronger than most 99's....I asked what he did to it, to make it lose so much hp? I made 322rwhp and 314rwhp in the configuration it was in when it left...what a mistake..

Wow. Old Home week. I check the Mustang sites about once a year. It's good to see some of the oldtimers names come up.

Do you guys remember my first post titled "Shakin All Over"? I think I was the first '99 Cobra owner to report on the drivetrain vibe problem and get the ball rolling for the recalls. I think it was on this site, but it could have been on Corral, or Corner Carvers, or Stangnet, or Musclestang, etc. My user name was JC at the time.

I crashed the '99 in my second season doing the SCOA event at Road America. After that I swore off racing and traded it in on an '01 Cobra 'vert. I've only got 16000 miles on the '01. I'd sell it if it weren't so much fun to fry the tires every once in a while. Of course the wheel hop ends that pretty quick.

Later....

JC

Wow. Old Home week. I check the Mustang sites about once a year. It's good to see some of the oldtimers names come up.

Do you guys remember my first post titled "Shakin All Over"? I think I was the first '99 Cobra owner to report on the drivetrain vibe problem and get the ball rolling for the recalls. I think it was on this site, but it could have been on Corral, or Corner Carvers, or Stangnet, or Musclestang, etc. My user name was JC at the time.

I crashed the '99 in my second season doing the SCOA event at Road America. After that I swore off racing and traded it in on an '01 Cobra 'vert. I've only got 16000 miles on the '01. I'd sell it if it weren't so much fun to fry the tires every once in a while. Of course the wheel hop ends that pretty quick.

Later....

JC

I remember that Ford sent an engineer out to various Ford dealers to deal with the vibe issue. He fixed mine. I forget his name.

Was it Bill Franco?

He came out and changed a bunch of parts, trans, shaft, diff, etc. That didn't work so I dialed out the vibe with a couple of hose clamps around the driveshaft. Worked on both the '99 and '01.

I checked out a GT500 while I was getting a new battery put in the car today. Maybe I'm getting old (I am!), but for $44,000+ I'd much rather have something like a BMW 335. The GT500 struck me as a warmed over body style with very few comfort/convenience options. The engine is a rush, but that gets old quick without the other pieces. Probably why I put so few miles on the Cobra. It's too bad Ford doesn't package a tarted-up version of the Mustang that has all the modern bells and whistles.

Jeff

• 1 month later...
Was it Bill Franco?

He came out and changed a bunch of parts, trans, shaft, diff, etc. That didn't work so I dialed out the vibe with a couple of hose clamps around the driveshaft. Worked on both the '99 and '01.

I checked out a GT500 while I was getting a new battery put in the car today. Maybe I'm getting old (I am!), but for $44,000+ I'd much rather have something like a BMW 335. The GT500 struck me as a warmed over body style with very few comfort/convenience options. The engine is a rush, but that gets old quick without the other pieces. Probably why I put so few miles on the Cobra. It's too bad Ford doesn't package a tarted-up version of the Mustang that has all the modern bells and whistles.

Jeff

You're right! It was Bill Franco.

• 1 month later...

WOW !!! I have not been here in 2 or 3 years. Great to see some old names still around !

I remember arguing with someone about 3:55 vs 3:73 vs 4:11's If I remember, it got quite heated !

Anyway, great to see you guys are still around.

I had a 99 then 2001 then 2003. They are all gone.

Perhaps a Shelbe next.

Take care everyone !

:redcard:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bill Franco put 2 complete drivelines in my '99 Cobra Vert...didn't fix the problem, they gave me full MSRP less $100??? WTF!!! and we bought a 2001 ST, (POS), then a 2002 GT Vert, still here....then my son & I bought the '93 LX 5.0 FHP Notch, still got that building a 331 Turbo for it...bought a GM, got rid of that for the commuter Focus ST, bought a 2007 loaded ST V8, sold that for the 2007 C230 Sport....

what a phenomenal road car....comfort has become our thing I guess.....Mustangs are all toys now....

Still have the 2007 LTZ suburban w/6.0 l.............great truck, love it!!!! I'm thinking I will relocate it from Boston to here.....but then I got

nothing to drive up there......

Now I am deciding on a color, (white, Vista or Grabber), for our 2008 GT.....idiots that we are, we keeping all the other cars....I learned that if you sell them, you regret it sooner or later.....

2008 will get forged internals and twin turbos...will be a shop car, ( tax writeoff too!!!)

Going A/T with this car for traffic and launch issues....plus my legs and back deteriation have earned me a Handicapped placard after years of trying to avoid it.....at least I get great parking spots now......

I guess my addiction is never going to be cured, but that's fine wiith me

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still around, still have the 99 and it's got all of 28k miles on it..

wow, i'm starting to have flashbacks seeing some of these usernames.

i still have my '99 as well. only 12K miles - hahaha, but just put on my 3rd set of rear tires and completed my 15th oil change, if thats any consolation. she is running great and i always get compliments.

just stopped by to search some old posts. :D

That didn't work so I dialed out the vibe with a couple of hose clamps around the driveshaft.

i remember all those Bill Franco posts. :shades:

in the end i got rid of my vibe by just turning the driveshaft a quarter turn at a time, and test driving, until it was gone. took only a a couple turns. still gone to this day.

wheelhop, well...thats a different story. until i get rid of my stock springs and suspension (still waiting for them to wear), i deal with it...eagerly awaiting the day i can put the new half-shafts and cv joints to the test.

• 4 weeks later...

Still here and still checking it on ocassion. I wish this place and the traffic it did back when we all had "99's an 01's.

Still have my '99, it now has 45K on it and I don't know how because it seems like I never drive it. Still running as strong as ever too.

Man, it's been a long time since I browsed this site. Didn't realize alot of you guys were still around, went on to greener pastures. I got alot of great information on this site. Still have the '01', only 10,000 miles on now. Maybe a few more ponies. Glad to here you guys still have yours.