Old timers...

slingshot

Hello All,

I'm still kickin' and so is my '01. It's approaching 30,000 miles and I'm about to purchase my fourth set of tires. It receives a mod, er ... "Honey, it really needs an upgrade" every few months. The best hobby on earth.

It's good to see some of the fellow, "Old Timers" are still kickin', also!

Take care,

Charlie

Hey Blue Blood, did the Shelby come in?

I am supposed to retire at the end of the month and hope it means I will have more car time.

Maybe we'll see each other at some of the cruise ins.

They have one in Fultondale at the Target parking lot now.

We need a few more Fords.

I see a few of you guys are still what you were way back when, some good some bad. To the bad (and you know who you are) I trust you are enjoying the second term of the world's biggest idiot and his "war about nothing" while you fill up on $4.00 a gallon gasoline.

I never got back into a Mustang, it was my first car back in 1979, a 1966 coupe with lots of bondo.

I've had my 1977 Porsche 911 for six years now, I'm getting 24 mpg hwy and it's fun at any speed.

Maybe I'll get back into a Mustang one day, it's gotta lose about 500 lbs though.

EDIT: The Bon-A-Holes, found a list in an old binder on a sticky note.

Mustang_Marty, Wildosvt, 99_Snake, DarkhorseGT, Dvarapala, OldRacer, FastFwd, Lo Pony, 96 Pony, Hitman, JBryan, RaodTrip, 1Bullitt, Parja, TransMan....................if your name is on the list, then I hope you like what the leadership of a republican Congress and Bush/Cheney along with the corporate sponsorship of Haliburton/KBR Root, Blackwater, Exxon Mobil have brought. The $4.00 a gallon gas, devalued US dollar, incredible national debt, trade imbalance, lost jobs (the good ones) were really what you cheered for. Well you got it now, are ya happy? May the over 4,000 dead and 35,000 maligned bodies of our brave soldiers forgive you for your arrogance, ignorance and blindness to the obvious.

Edited by kach22i

I see a few of you guys are still what you were way back when, some good some bad. To the bad (and you know who you are) I trust you are enjoying the second term of the world's biggest idiot and his "war about nothing" while you fill up on $4.00 a gallon gasoline.

I never got back into a Mustang, it was my first car back in 1979, a 1966 coupe with lots of bondo.

I've had my 1977 Porsche 911 for six years now, I'm getting 24 mpg hwy and it's fun at any speed.

Maybe I'll get back into a Mustang one day, it's gotta lose about 500 lbs though.

Looks like you've made a lot of progress. :roses:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

EDIT: The Bon-A-Holes, found a list in an old binder on a sticky note.

Mustang_Marty, Wildosvt, 99_Snake, DarkhorseGT, Dvarapala, OldRacer, FastFwd, Lo Pony, 96 Pony, Hitman, JBryan, RaodTrip, 1Bullitt, Parja, TransMan....................if your name is on the list, then I hope you like what the leadership of a republican Congress and Bush/Cheney along with the corporate sponsorship of Haliburton/KBR Root, Blackwater, Exxon Mobil have brought. The $4.00 a gallon gas, devalued US dollar, incredible national debt, trade imbalance, lost jobs (the good ones) were really what you cheered for. Well you got it now, are ya happy? May the over 4,000 dead and 35,000 maligned bodies of our brave soldiers forgive you for your arrogance, ignorance and blindness to the obvious.

Nice username. :hysterical: I can't wait to see what Nobama brings us in 4 years. Got Freedom?

commieparty-vi.jpg

Hey guys, just got on a local board hunting some non ethanol gasoline for the 99.

If the economy would rebound, I would consider myself in the market for a low

mileage 03 or 04. I guess, fat chance of that happening anytime soon.

I am a legitimate old timer. I am now retired. The 99 sits in the garage, hooked

up to an off brand battery tender, waiting on a warm day to get out.

Anyone in the rod run from the west to B'ham? I may try to view it as it comes

through, but it's too many road chips and dings for the 99.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice username. :hysterical: I can't wait to see what Nobama brings us in 4 years. Got Freedom?

commieparty-vi.jpg

Hopefully he won't be pres in four years, but you are right, he could do irreversible damage before then.

Keep saying this over and over. "It took a Jimmy Carter to get us Ronald Reagan" and "It's in God's hands"

Last night we drove to the Ronald Reagan Library and heard a lecture by Bill O'reilly. He was very funny and infomative. He pointed out that even though libs are on the rise, for the general population political correctness is on the decline.

Joe, Guess I need to look at this board more than once a year! Sold the 03 in Feb. 08, had I known you were in the market......sold it for 24K to a nice kid in Statesboro, GA that had an 03, sold it to buy a Ranger and realized his mistake a short 3 - 4 months later. The Shelby came in on the 3rd of March and I've got 10K on it. Put on FRPP springs (to kill the 4 X 4 look), Magnaflows, FRPP CAI and tune and FRPP 3:73s.

I am going to retire, the 27th of March is my last day of work. Got a new project car, 1963 Studebaker Lark Daytona Wagonaire, 4-speed, bucket seat, air, power disc brakes and 3:73 TT (their traction lock, called it "Twin Traction").

Bill,

Congrats on your future retirement. There is nothing like it. Glad to hear about the Shelby.

I am sure we will see each other as the weather warms, now that we are both retired.

I am sure you are prepared for retirement. I am sitting here watching my retirement fund dwindle.

I will start getting my railroad retirement in Aug and things will be better.

I have not turned a wrench on anything, it seems like forever. My youngest has an engine, 302 crate motor, with an internal vacuum leak. I need to remedy that and I might start back on a 64 Falcon.

Anyway you know how it goes. Good luck on everthing and looking forward to seeing you in the Shelby.

Joe, I am in pretty good shape, not by planning, just a little dumb luck. After the mini crash after 911 my 403B had nothing but - s infront of all the funds. Ask the guy what he had with a + on it and he said "the guarenteed" account. Told him to shift everything to it! Do to a little prcrastination I just left it there so when the current dive happened it was untouched. Some years I made 5%, some only 2.5% but at least it is all there!

I haven't hit a lick on a thing outside of routine maintenance. Got the Stude in and cleaned all the crap out of it, still need to finish stripping the interior so it can get a good washing to get rid of the mouse pee and other goodies that may be there. Need to finish the wifes 65 Bird before I get too deep into that Stude! Looking for a 64, 65 or 66 coupe Bird to cut the roof off of. If you know of any shout at me. See ya at the Springville Wally World.

Joe/Bill,

Let me know if you guys are going to do the cruise-in thing this year, I went to the one in Fultondale 1 time last year, seemed to have a decent crowd. Bill, we just joined Mcwane Center in December, you still there till the end of this month? Joe, I know the feeling about the batteries and car sitting idle. I need to buy a new one for mine, that small replacement battery is shot and the factory battery has been idle so long when I checked the voltage tonight, it was only putting out 8 volts. I wanted to buy an Optima but it seems they don't make one to fit our cars, which I found odd.

Joe, BP (Joey Ithink),

Hope to be at the first one in Springville in April. Going to assume it will be the third Saturday as usual. I am at McWane Center until the end of the month, could be a few days longer, just depends on when the back ground checks come back on my replacement. The checks should be back but if not I have agreed to stay until they do. State does the DHR check so it varies between three to six weeks. Little scared about this, tried it once when I got out of the Navy after 30 years, found out you can only transplant bushes so many times before you kill them! Have a couple of projects to keep me busy and out of trouble....

• 1 month later...

Sorry I did not make the Springville cruise. I went to the Mustang event at Barber's and ran out of

steam. Even with the trolleys I must have walked miles and still did not see everything.

Had to turn down some AFR heads, because I was too exhausted to carry them. I'll try and make

the cruises, I want to see your Shelby.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...