Old timers...

slingshot

Went to the cruise-in at Springville Wally World. Lotsa nice cars. I think

there was ONE new edge Cobra, red with a KB supercharger..., OH

that was mine. It was crowded and hot, but fun. I saw some friends and admired some of the oldies. Missed you guys, maybe next time.

Joe

Joe, Saw your car, stopped by twice, it was early in the evening, but you were not there. Got hooked up with a couple of Ford guys and that killed the rest of the evening! I decided to go in the Bird, helped a fellow Bird owner repair his and we decided to run up there together in the Birds. We were side by side about the third row in from the entrance. Give me a call in the evening (853-9392) and we can set up getting you those parts.

Joe, Saw your car, stopped by twice, it was early in the evening, but you were not there. Got hooked up with a couple of Ford guys and that killed the rest of the evening! I decided to go in the Bird, helped a fellow Bird owner repair his and we decided to run up there together in the Birds. We were side by side about the third row in from the entrance. Give me a call in the evening (853-9392) and we can set up getting you those parts.

I did not think of you being in the T bird. We made a trip to the store for water

and walked the cars. I guess we just missed each other. I'll give you a call

in the next few days.

See ya,

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still here, not as much as before because everyone seems to have lost interest somewhat....

We still have 2 Mustangs, the Project 93 LX 5.0 and the 02 GT Vert.

We ordered our GT500, however the markup here is 15-30K over sticker....not from me though.

My dealer principal has moved my order to the 08 list, as he knows I will not pay over MSRP.

We ordered a 2007 Sport Trac Ltd, V8 with every option but the heated windshield...8/7/06 is Job 2 they tell me, so we should be getting the truck in late Aug or early Sept I guess....

Got X-Plan + any applicable rebates etc, when it gets here.

Health issues and daily schedule stuff forced me to step back from bikes at this point, other than the race bikes at the shop. Last gasp was another 9.91 @ 146.23 mph dash at the track on the 2003 GXSR 1000...

What an adrenaline rush that thing was. My older son bought it, but is still uncomfortable with it and wants me to buy it back.....tempting, but NO.

I am selling my boots, leathers and helmet to avoid temptation.....I am weak.....

I am still considering a Terminator as a toy, it can be very close powerwise etc to a new GT 500, but wife wants a Roush Stage lll as the toy of choice....I will be poking around that later after we get the truck.

I would prefer a Mach 1 to a Terminator for my personal toy and have one sort of promised if it gets sold.

I miss the camaraderie and harassment we used to receive on a daily basis.....let's give it a try.....insult someone, like HITMAN, I miss our tactical nuke guy.........always entertaining with a great bullshit detector.. :happy feet:

later guys

John

I'm still kickin' and I still love to "get into it" with idiots. THAT will never change... :slap:

I really miss this place, but with all of the changes and the lost posts, I think it really put everybody off. We need to have a reunion, of sorts. Glad to see that you all are doing well, especially you John. I miss your insightfulness. Hell, even Tony V. and I could probably get along, although my snake would stomp a mud-hole in his... :tease:

Wow, it's funny I remember most your names on here. I was a regular visitor, just never posted a lot, because I didn't have a 99 Cobra (I had a 93 Cobra). This site was the site to be at back in the day. What the hell happened? Did it crash and everybody went else where? My main and only mustang site is SVTPerformance nowadays. In a way I feel sad for the board owner. To come from a well populated site to almost non-existent. Nice to see you old timers though.

Maybe all of original 99-04 Cobra people should get Robert to start a new venue, the way it used to be.

I am very tired of the lost posts, the relentless visual changes and the lurking assholes that really have no sense of the extended family type atmosphere that we all shared, they simply like to incite and see their name all the time.

We did wonderful with no rules, no moderators and no tolerance for Jackasses or Trolls and their mindless yapping for 5 years.

This place starteds to decline when our Cobra board went slow and mostly dormant.....it has not recovered yet in my opinion.

I enjoyed my time on here almost every night, now once or twice a week is all I do and there is hardly any activity.

I refuse to join other sites that have moderators and stupid contolling rules....if the internet was supposed to be monitored and controlled, Al Gore would have made it that way when he invented it........ :happy feet:

IPIE was the best draw on the net.....and besides I miss transman too!

I propose the name: rowdycobragang.com with apologies to all....but how about it Robert?

We all coughed up $$ before to keep this place afloat, I'm OK with that if we can work it out with everyone.

this time 1 rule: Trolls die a hideous death immediatly, it's only fair, (Lemon anyone?) :kissass:

SUGGESTIONS???? :titanic:

Makes you wonder how much time he must spend talking to the mirror

:baby:

Oh please, don't tell me that you're STILL butt-hurt after all this time. I guess the ownage you recieved fom my keyboard must run REALLY deep for such animosity to still exist. :hysterical: Poor little bitch, never got any respect from The Mighty Hitman. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW...:slap:

BTW Tony, nothing has changed. Your junk is still slower than mine and you're still:

alfrankencopyem2.jpg

Well, well, well. I see that Messr. Dvarapolyp still hasn't lost his knack for posting tasteless and juvenile photos. Obviously your time away from this little board hasn't sharpened your intellectual skills very much.

I also see that Shitman is also still lurking about exhibiting bad behavior. I had certainly hoped by now that somebody would have hooked your trailer to a truck and hauled it with you still inside into Mexico where you could have lived your life for what you were meant to be - one of those people standing on the streets of Tijuana with a burro for tourist pictures. Ole! :hysterical:

In any event I purchased one of those Mustang GT cruisers recently for use by my maid and lawn boy. Their vehicle was much too disgusting to be seen parked in my driveway. I must say I do like this car better than that Mustang Cobra Type R I had. At least this one has a back seat.

Well I must dash now. Taa ta!

What a trip! It must have sent out the vibes indeed. I haven't stopped by here in at least 2 years. For some reason I was just finishing some stuff up on my PC tonight in preparation for vacation and the though to see what this place looked like now popped into my head. This place sure has changed a lot since the days of the vibe and "The Fix"...

What a trip! It must have sent out the vibes indeed. I haven't stopped by here in at least 2 years. For some reason I was just finishing some stuff up on my PC tonight in preparation for vacation and the though to see what this place looked like now popped into my head. This place sure has changed a lot since the days of the vibe and "The Fix"...

Joe still has nightmares of me running off and leaving him on the back straightaway at Road Atlanta :P

• Haha 1

As someone mentioned above I felt the urge to checkin after poking around the net. Ah the days of VBON and giving the UNION mafia shit, boy I used to piss the wife off when I spent too much time on the net worked up over car stuff and the usual jabs. I have though about selling the 03, the usual sure I'll buy it but can we work out something... Devoting some time to my 72 Mach I so it does between the two time permitting with work. To all its good to touch base with you.

:runaway:

Just saying hey from the beach. Not a lot happening here..unless you like old people and seagulls. They seem to go together quite well....kinda of a symbiotic relationship. (No offense meant, old..I mean young_racer!)

Got to work for an airline, pictured below. Was actually on that flight. *Sigh...good ole days!*

0978488.jpg

IT'S A FREAKING REUNION!!!!!!!!

BREAK OUT THE CORN LIQUOR AND LET'S RAISE HELL AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm a Tequila person, but I am flexible when it comes to drinking and

other important stuff.....

I got a 2007 GT motor, small problem: it's in our 2007 Sport Trac Limited!!!!!!!!

We love this truck, it is the best Ford truck we have ever had, and we never had a bad one........

We ordered a Shelby GT,(due around Jan I'm told), and are still on the GT500 list, now for 2008....

I found my GT500, it's in a damn commercial in Germany!!!! Bastards..

Guys it is great to see the "real gang members" are still alive & kicking...........

I will be in Boston in 2 weeks for about 10 days, driving up to do some checking on the house

and pickup my 2007 LTZ 'Burb tow vehicle for the house up there....I know it's a Chevy, but

my cousin's husband owns the dealership......can't beat the deal....

He is going to let me drive his 2007 Z06...........report will follow.

He raves about it and drools when he drives it.....all I hear is awesome, f**king unbelievable and stuff like that.... :bandance: :bandance:

This is his STREET Z06, he is replacing his IMSA Camaro with a 2nd Z06 racecar.....spell racecar backwards

I may move home to get seat time if it's that good!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

I'll check back later, let's bring this place back to life.....I don't do boards with Censoring Admin and monitors, they don't mirror the real world out there to me. :kissass:

mystang, no offense taken, I am getting old....I'll be 58 in 5 weeks or so...still 17 mentally though!

and still faster than the kids on 2 wheels or 4, but damn it is getting harder to pitch it there faster then

them. I just may have to let them win and take the pressure off!!!!

Old age and treachery will beat youth & skill everytime!!!!!!!!

Edited by oldracer

If I sell the 03 thats what I was looking at (06 Z06) I seen pictures & videos online and thought the car was bad ass. I have always liked the older vettes (60's) but never went out and purchased one. This time though its tempting to sell the 03 and buy a used Z06 in a couple of years after they depreciate. Let us know what you think of the car. Regardless of future moves I will still have a Mustang in the garage with the '72

I shall willingly serve as you guys road test editor (?) and duly report my findings on said 07 Z06 evaluation.

For the simpler folk, I'll tell you what its like to drive the bitch!!!!!!!!!

I will be back in Hell (Florida) the week of 10/16 look for the exciting write-up and possibly a trip report then.

I'm just a teeny bit excited about driving that thing.....alright really F***ing crazed is closer to the truth.