302 V8

dogydog

Why would you want to resurrect THAT old turkey? I used to have the 302... it was an oil burning POS. Good riddance.

I think he's talking about the 5.0 cammer engine. Further, we've had seven 5.0 Mustangs. I'll agree that the variant with the forged pistons did tend to use a little oil, but we don't have that problem at all in our 95s, which use the hypereutectics. I've been messing with pushrods for years, and don't expect it to change anytime soon.

I think he's talking about the 5.0 cammer engine. Further, we've had seven 5.0 Mustangs. I'll agree that the variant with the forged pistons did tend to use a little oil, but we don't have that problem at all in our 95s, which use the hypereutectics. I've been messing with pushrods for years, and don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Say what you want- 203,000 on a '93 F150 with a 5.0. Motor's never been touched, doesn't burn a drop of oil, gets better gas mileage than father-in-laws '06 4.6. Heck, it gets the same mileage as my Powerstroke. The trucks survived hunting, skiing, towing, off-roading, and my sons teenage driving years. I love that motor- and have talked to many Ford owners over the years that have had similiar experiences.

Edited by PolarBear

the 302 is a damn good engine!I have one in my 95 bronco and still runs grate!....I like it so much that I am trying to swap one in my 87 ranger!

but why put in a block in the mustage that is over 40 years old :rolleyes: when we have better motors now....but i would like to see a 5.0 engine agien! with a 302 displacement....so they can have a 302 boss mustang agien!

what they should do is have the 302 offer in the ranger th at does not even have a v8!

• 14 years later...