DTP Local 600 Sitting on Terminated Employee Cases

morepie

Is it right for employees to be terminated for bogus charges brought by supervisors that lie on the floor just to get someone they don't like terminated?

Is it right for employees to be out for any length of time when they don't have an attendance record or disciplinary on their record?

For yelling at your supervisor should an employee be terminated when this happens in every plant and other employees are not terminated?

Is it right for Local 600 to push 2nd stage termination grievances under the rug for long periods of time without some accountability to the person that has to feed his family?

Is it right for the company to terminate an employee while on medical leave issued by a doctor?

Is it right that company harassment can take place on an employee and then terminate that employee for filing a complaint of harassment?

Is it right that the company terminates an employee illegally then takes away that employee's healthcare? I believe they should still pay for it while under union contract.

• Like 2

Is it right for employees to be terminated for bogus charges brought by supervisors that lie on the floor just to get someone they don't like terminated?

NO, but why would you terminated on bogus charges? i've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for going to work and doing their job.

Is it right for employees to be out for any length of time when they don't have an attendance record or disciplinary on their record?

Depends on what you did.

For yelling at your supervisor should an employee be terminated when this happens in every plant and other employees are not terminated?

Depends on your record and what you said, why would you yell at a supervisor? that can be taken as creating a hostile work environment or threatening.

Is it right for Local 600 to push 2nd stage termination grievances under the rug for long periods of time without some accountability to the person that has to feed his family?

The person who is worried about his family would go to work and do his fucking job.

Is it right for the company to terminate an employee while on medical leave issued by a doctor?

If you dont follow the correct procedure you can be fired for it.

Is it right that company harassment can take place on an employee and then terminate that employee for filing a complaint of harassment?

Again, if you're going to work and doing your job why would you be harassed?

Is it right that the company terminates an employee illegally then takes away that employee's healthcare? I believe they should still pay for it while under union contract.

If youre terminated you're not under contract are you?

Bottom line chucky, go to work and do your fucking job. quit causing problems and you wont have problems.

• Like 2

Is it right for people to come here and just throw shit against the fan?

You want to come here and slam local 600 for something please do but for God's sake have some specifics and be willing to put it out there for everyone to see.

As much as a i hate to quote this pompous ass here goes

The only termination I have been part in was won and the member brought back within less than a month for a bogus termination, that was handled by Local 600 after useing my filed grievance for said member.

So to say wrongfull terminations get sweept under the rugt at local 600 is comepletely false, at least in my 7 months experience. The ones that take more time are the ones were someone really fucked up or has been terminated multiple times, those people should expect to wait longer in my opinion.

*edit* sorry Ijcdad i quoted the wrong person

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 1

NO, but why would you terminated on bogus charges? i've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for going to work and doing their job.

Depends on what you did.

Depends on your record and what you said, why would you yell at a supervisor? that can be taken as creating a hostile work environment or threatening.

The person who is worried about his family would go to work and do his fucking job.

If you dont follow the correct procedure you can be fired for it.

Again, if you're going to work and doing your job why would you be harassed?

If youre terminated you're not under contract are you?

Bottom line chucky, go to work and do your fucking job. quit causing problems and you wont have problems.

It appears Su-FI is out of touch with reality.

First of all you can't terminate someone currently on Medical.

2nd, the employee always showed up and worked. So your answer SU-FI to going to work on every one of the questions shows you either can't read the original post, or you're some kind of ass monkey that likes to blame the workers just because you have an all day long sit down job. My questions in the original post were posted to get some real intelligent answers, I guess you should go back to school.

Edited by morepie
  • Like 1

2nd, the employee always showed up and worked. So your answer SU-FI to going to work on every one of the questions shows you either can't read the original post, or you're some kind of ass monkey that likes to blame the workers just because you have an all day long sit down job. My questions in the original post were posted to get some real intelligent answers, I guess you should go back to school.

Its my understanding that if you go on a medical leave (i never have) and you dont follow the correct procedure you can be disciplined up to and including termination. so yes chucky, i probably am out of touch with your reality. i go to work and do my job and dont stir up a bunch of shit and cry foul when the company has had enough of it.

• Like 2

Chucky you KNOW there is much more to it than what you are saying. I will agree you never had attendance problems but I also know for a fact you have more than one incident on your disciplinary record for insubordination etc...What about all the times you were making false claims against the company with the state and osha for fake safety violations? What about slandering members of labor relations and the union by name in this forum? What about fake medicals?. You phave pissed and moaned about how you hate the Union etc yet you NOW expect them to expedite your getting back into ford after you mocked and ridiculed all sides...How high are you? LOL...Remember the saying " Dont bite the hand that feeds you?"....You deserve this..although I think you should get another chance someday. Maybe you will appreciate your job more and shut your mouth when or if you ever come back

• Like 1

Chucky you KNOW there is much more to it than what you are saying. I will agree you never had attendance problems but I also know for a fact you have more than one incident on your disciplinary record for insubordination etc...What about all the times you were making false claims against the company with the state and osha for fake safety violations? What about slandering members of labor relations and the union by name in this forum? What about fake medicals?. You phave pissed and moaned about how you hate the Union etc yet you NOW expect them to expedite your getting back into ford after you mocked and ridiculed all sides...How high are you? LOL...Remember the saying " Dont bite the hand that feeds you?"....You deserve this..although I think you should get another chance someday. Maybe you will appreciate your job more and shut your mouth when or if you ever come back

Although I do not know this Chucky guy he has the right to speak under the First Amendment along with the so called peaceably assemble part. Biting the hand that feeds him, might not be the right thing to do but it is a union shop and sometimes its own members don't agree with what the leaders of its members are doing. He/She has that right to voice it period. Insubordination, give me a break, you must be new because there were a lot of back and forth fights between supervisors and hourly back in the day....it was a union shop and was expected, no one should get their feelings hurt over it, it happens. Safety violations are plentiful in all factory settings, it comes with the territory. What do you care if labor relations is slandered unfairly, unless you are under the desk with them. Dues are paid monthly, it is their JOB to represent, anything less would be in violation of their rights as a dues paying member. We can all call them #ssholes and they still have to represent. I am not saying they should call them out of their name but I'm sure members get frustrated. People go into work not always having a perfect day.

• Like 1

Although I do not know this Chucky guy he has the right to speak under the First Amendment along with the so called peaceably assemble part. Really? so i can go up to management and tell them to fuck off and when i get sent home i can cry "what about my first amendment right?" Biting the hand that feeds him, might not be the right thing to do but it is a union shop and sometimes its own members don't agree with what the leaders of its members are doing. He/She has that right to voice it period. Insubordination, give me a break, you must be new because there were a lot of back and forth fights between supervisors and hourly back in the day....it was a union shop and was expected, no one should get their feelings hurt over it, it happens. Safety violations are plentiful in all factory settings, it comes with the territory. What do you care if labor relations is slandered unfairly, unless you are under the desk with them. Dues are paid monthly, it is their JOB to represent, anything less would be in violation of their rights as a dues paying member. We can all call them #ssholes and they still have to represent. I am not saying they should call them out of their name but I'm sure members get frustrated. People go into work not always having a perfect day.

Chucky has the right to speak and people then have the right to react. if he got out of line with management (and he probably did) especially at DTP they dont take well to it, this isnt "Back in the day"

• Like 1

Although I do not know this Chucky guy he has the right to speak under the First Amendment along with the so called peaceably assemble part. Biting the hand that feeds him, might not be the right thing to do but it is a union shop and sometimes its own members don't agree with what the leaders of its members are doing. He/She has that right to voice it period. Insubordination, give me a break, you must be new because there were a lot of back and forth fights between supervisors and hourly back in the day....it was a union shop and was expected, no one should get their feelings hurt over it, it happens. Safety violations are plentiful in all factory settings, it comes with the territory. What do you care if labor relations is slandered unfairly, unless you are under the desk with them. Dues are paid monthly, it is their JOB to represent, anything less would be in violation of their rights as a dues paying member. We can all call them #ssholes and they still have to represent. I am not saying they should call them out of their name but I'm sure members get frustrated. People go into work not always having a perfect day.

Obviously the company doesnt view insubordination and slander of management along with FALSE reports to OSHA about made up safety violations as a First amendment rights seeing that the fired him Stang....Your ideas are noble but in this case NOT reality

Obviously the company doesnt view insubordination and slander of management along with FALSE reports to OSHA about made up safety violations as a First amendment rights seeing that the fired him Stang....Your ideas are noble but in this case NOT reality

First of all I am not this "chucky" you all speak about so nice try.

2nd of all, I've been in many union situations with members (employees) that have been terminated at dtp and I can tell you that many times the rights of those members are violated without the employee even knowing about it. The company gets away with putting members out the door for years at a time t justify a bottom line. I am upset how we conduct our hearings for employees with no real representation involved. Members deserve much better.

Edited by morepie