BON'ers, in real life

So today I'm on my way into work, and pull into a gas station to grab a drink before getting on the freeway. A blue Volvo S40 (with rental barcodes) swings in quickly beside me, a tall gentleman gets out and says "you're Ross from Blue Oval News, right?"

Talk about being taken back.

It was BON member roush235, who happened to recognize my car and "PREMiER" window decal, while in Central Ohio visiting from his home in Houston Texas.

We chatted for a few minutes, he showed me some pics of his new 2012 Roush Mustang (holy crap guys, it's beautiful), then shook hands and parted ways.

Talk about a small world, right? So if any of you find yourself behind a red Fusion with a small "PREMiER" in the rear window, flag me down and say hi. You never know.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

So today I'm on my way into work, and pull into a gas station to grab a drink before getting on the freeway. A blue Volvo S40 (with rental barcodes) swings in quickly beside me, a tall gentleman gets out and says "you're Ross from Blue Oval News, right?"

Talk about being taken back.

It was BON member roush235, who happened to recognize my car and "PREMiER" window decal, while in Central Ohio visiting from his home in Houston Texas.

We chatted for a few minutes, he showed me some pics of his new 2012 Roush Mustang (holy crap guys, it's beautiful), then shook hands and parted ways.

Talk about a small world, right? So if any of you find yourself behind a red '09 Fusion with a small "PREMiER" in the rear window, flag me down and say hi. You never know.

LOL, nice! I live in Y-town, but I'm down in "The Bus" quite a bit. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks Ross for the post. I am still amazed that this happened. I told my wife about it, she said "must have been driving a Mustang.". I replied, "No, a Fusion, but a nice one." That's what caught my eye, the decal cinched it.

I'll post pics of the Roush when I get a chance.

• Like 1

Thanks Ross for the post. I am still amazed that this happened. I told my wife about it, she said "must have been driving a Mustang.". I replied, "No, a Fusion, but a nice one." That's what caught my eye, the decal cinched it.

I'll post pics of the Roush when I get a chance.

What part of Houston are you in?

Cool, I figure being recognized is hazardous to my health ;)

No way BORG, we're all family here! Like any family, there will be (sometimes strong) disagreements, but anyone who carries that shit into the street ought to be ashamed of themselves. I would never hesitate to say hi or :beerchug: with anyone* on here whom I recognized.

(* = Must be of legal age B) )

RMC's large wheels do an excellent job at disguising the Flex's size, as well. His Flex is sharp as anything.

hell, if you ever see the licence plate on my sig pass you, flip me off, Id love to bump into P71, but hed probably just fart.....

Edited by Deanh

hell, if you ever see the licence plate on my sig pass you, flip me off, Id love to bump into P71, but hed probably just fart.....

Play nice big guy ;)

I'm one number away from my trade number in the military and the letters indicate my trade as a radar operator. Pure coincidence I assure you.

• 1 month later...

Police, fire, staff and other citizens always flag me down in my city, not for a ticket, but just other business, doesn't matter if its the LS or MKX, they wave or stop me because they recognize my car. I dont want to be stopped, don't flag me down, I shop in supermarkets outside my city so I'm left in peace :( Send me an email... ;)

Just wanted to let Ross know that I was in the Columbus area again last weekend, but I did not run into him. That would have been absolutely weird if it had happened again.

By the way, a pic of the Roush.

post-23449-0-45681700-1335487732_thumb.jpg

I hope our city treated you well! Now that I'm on this boring 8:30am-5pm schedule, I'm harder to find. The car is an absolute beauty!