2013 Edge Sport

Yellowsnake

• 2 weeks later...

No pic's yet been busy, but will get some posted.

Ride is great with the 22" wheels I must say i am surprised that it rides as it does. Handling is spot on with the PZeros, power of the 3.7l is also very good, this thing will turn on a dime, and stops as well on a dime..

Coming from an escape the wife loves it, spacious, My Ford Touch is pretty sweet, easy to operate, all phones are sync'd so everyone is happy.

As for the rest, Paint is perfect, interior is a excellent match for the Sport Badge, wheels look BA with the black.

Excellent Package.

Fuel mileage???? too new to tell, but overall so far seems to be the same as the 09 Escape, that is until the driving becomes more spirited.

As for the new escape, their would be no comparison for the 2, the 09 does not even compare, the 13 will be a completely different platform and vehicle so I can offer nothing more towards the new model other than it looks like a variation of the new Mazda CX-5 as was the last Escape models to the Tribute.

Will try to post Pic's this week...

Later.

Fuel mileage???? too new to tell, but overall so far seems to be the same as the 09 Escape, that is until the driving becomes more spirited.

I'm averaging 21.0 on the nose in mine in mixed driving with AWD. Is yours AWD too? Pretty much agree with all of your other assessments. Did yours come with the updated MyFord Touch already? Still waiting for the thumb drive in the mail to upgrade mine.

Any difference between 2012 & 2013? Anyone have opinions on 22" tires in the snow? Seriously considering a 12/13 Edge Sport...

Unfortunately we haven't had much snow to test mine in since I got it in November '10. From my limited experience, they aren't all that great. I think it's much more a function of the OE tire pattern though and not that they are 22" tires alone. When these are due for replacement I will likely look for a different brand with a slightly more agressive tread pattern.

Looks like my 2012 limited AWD. I love it. I did hear alot of complaints from folks with sports with 22" in snow so I got 20" and AWD. I love the sienna leather interior. I was at the bank and the teller actually forgot to help me as she said she was checking out my hot car. ha. I get compliments all the time. Tuxedo Black is not available after April 2012. Sweet. :)

I sat in the new escape at autoshow. It's personal opinion and comfort level, but I felt like it was small and not at all luxurious like the Edge or Explorer. The explorer is awesome but was too large for me. Edge rocks!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the BA Ford took a road trip this past weekend and my take is below.

Very comfortable, Sony Stereo ROCKS, Blis is pretty cool, it even lets you know when you are riding in the lane with the Jersey Barriers.

In small towns everyone checks you out, especially gang bangers scoping out your 22" wheels.

Has plenty of power the 3.7 moves it quite well, carves 2 lane blacktop like a sports car, must be the P Zero's.

Navigation works well, got us to and from the destination without any delay,, but it helps to have the correct address.

Automatic wipers are sweet when you get sprayed by the car in front of you, climate control is sweet, me cool, her warm.

Collects bugs like fly paper.

And got 23 miles to the gallon on a 332 mile round trip as she rolled 1015 total miles pulling her back into the Garage.

Yep The BA Ford....... Pretty sweet...... As they say and I will tell anyone who ask, Ford, Drive One.....

Well the BA Ford took a road trip this past weekend and my take is below.

Very comfortable, Sony Stereo ROCKS, Blis is pretty cool, it even lets you know when you are riding in the lane with the Jersey Barriers.

In small towns everyone checks you out, especially gang bangers scoping out your 22" wheels.

Has plenty of power the 3.7 moves it quite well, carves 2 lane blacktop like a sports car, must be the P Zero's.

Navigation works well, got us to and from the destination without any delay,, but it helps to have the correct address.

Automatic wipers are sweet when you get sprayed by the car in front of you, climate control is sweet, me cool, her warm.

Collects bugs like fly paper.

And got 23 miles to the gallon on a 332 mile round trip as she rolled 1015 total miles pulling her back into the Garage.

Yep The BA Ford....... Pretty sweet...... As they say and I will tell anyone who ask, Ford, Drive One.....

Sounds similar to my impressions with my '11. Glad you are enjoying it!

One question though -- did they switch over the Pirelli P-Zero's or are you referring to the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros which are what mine came equipped with?

• 1 month later...

Let us know your thoughts. My husband and I are thinking about an Edge Sport (or '13 Escape.)

We went in with the intention of buying the new Escape. I had been reading everything I could find about it and loved what I had seen in pictures. Since it would be the new Wife-Wagon (replacing her `09 Explorer Limited) she had final say. She really liked the Escape, and from the front seats it was perfect - plenty of room, and the dash looked nicer than the Edge dash. Her big concern was the back seat where 9-year-old twins didn't seem to have a lot of wiggle room.

Across the lot looking lonely under a tree was a Silver Edge Sport. She wanted to try that, and other than the $7K higher price, I liked it too. After the test drive, we were amazed at how much bigger the Edge back seat was. They parked them side-by-side and left us alone, and we climbed in and out of both for an hour. In the end we went with the Edge Sport. Now I am trying to decide whether I steal her's or decide if it is crazy to have 2 nearly identical cars.

Not crazy... there are 3 Edges in my drive - my 2007 (soon to be replaced with a 2013), my dad's 2011, and my bro's 2012.

I guess it doesnt hurt that bro works at OAC that makes the Edge...

We loved them.. I considered the Escape - saw a preproduction model and didnt like the interior or space compared to my Edge.

I ordered a FWD, SEL with Ecoboost - so the fuel economy is comparable to the Escape,,,

• 2 weeks later...