"New Model" joining Explorer family

I'm gonna guess 3.7L Explorer Sport. :yup: Did seem to be accelerating pretty dang quickly if that video wasn't altered though. Could be 3.5 EB I guess?

3.7 could make sense since it's already being dropped into PI Explorers on the same line, but my gut tells me this is the oft-witnessed 3.5EcoBoost "Explorer SHO"

I would like to strike something of a contrary note and hope that it's the long anticipated King-Eddie-Ranch-Bauer-tanium trim.

Also, can someone explain to me why the British insist on not only pronouncing aluminum Al-you-min-ee-um, but also insist on spelling it aluminium, yet they do not call platinum Pla-tin-ee-um, or spell it platinium. And I could ask the same question about Tantalum, which used to be called Tantalium.

• Like 1

I would like to strike something of a contrary note and hope that it's the long anticipated King-Eddie-Ranch-Bauer-tanium trim.

They've strongly hinted at an "Explorer Titanium", though I wouldn't be surprised if that became a "plus" package added to a Limited trimmed vehicle (a la 2013 Flex). With the performance aspect hinted at in the video, I'm fairly confident this will be an EcoBoost Explorer, now what they'll call it is the question. I hope they stuck with "SHO", which was the internal nickname for this beast.

Also of note, the vehicle teased in the video has black mesh grille, similar to...

01-2013-ford-taurus-sho630opt.jpg

Look closer, you're seeing camo. Under the camo is a traditional Explorer grille.

They've strongly hinted at an "Explorer Titanium", though I wouldn't be surprised if that became a "plus" package added to a Limited trimmed vehicle (a la 2013 Flex). With the performance aspect hinted at in the video, I'm fairly confident this will be an EcoBoost Explorer, now what they'll call it is the question. I hope they stuck with "SHO", which was the internal nickname for this beast.

This Explorer probably has the 3.7, the Utility PI spills the beans on that one. SHO will only be used on Taurus models.

Edited by BORG

Also, can someone explain to me why the British insist on not only pronouncing aluminum Al-you-min-ee-um, but also insist on spelling it aluminium, yet they do not call platinum Pla-tin-ee-um, or spell it platinium. And I could ask the same question about Tantalum, which used to be called Tantalium.

With the King-Eddie-Ranch-Harley-Tanium-Davidson-Bauer trim, would they be focusing so much on acceleration and the engine note in the video?

And I could venture a guess as to the metals, but it would probably be wrong.

I'm gonna guess 3.7L Explorer Sport. :yup: Did seem to be accelerating pretty dang quickly if that video wasn't altered though. Could be 3.5 EB I guess?

it is..............twin turboed............

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

colour me embarassed.........

It's probably some obscure class thingy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAYUuspQ6BY

If this is an EcoBoost Explorer, this might throw my plans for a nice, safe, efficient C-MAX Energi out the window. My wife's F-150 EcoBoost goes like stink when you stomp on it, and I can only imagine the fun with two more wheels powered and a few hundred pounds less weight. :happy feet:

• Like 1

It says by 2013!

It lists it as "currently available as 2010" (then lists the Taurus SHO, Flex and Explorer SHO).

While it may end up being a SHO trim, I wouldn't go by that screenshot as proof of it.

Edited by Intrepidatious