Cargo space

Rula

Has anyone actually seen the interior of the Hybrid version? Will it flat load? How deep with the rear seats down?

My next car is this or the Prius V. I don't care so much about Hybrid, just need a replacement for my station wagon, and getting 20th century fuel economy just seems silly at this point. My only real complaint with the V is the - ahem - acceleration. Not looking for a mustang, but don't like feeling there's a team of horses pulling me backwards.

• 1 month later...

Wow thanks for these images chuck734, I believe these are the 1st images showing the cargo space in the C-Max Hybrid.

I have been searching for images since Ford N.A. announced the C-Max Hybrid, but nobody ever took pics at the shows or

any of the media events.

Thank you!!

Now I can see that the C-Max will be more spacious and useable then the Prius V, which has a very short cargo area, and with the seats folded down

there is quite a drop off and space/gap were the seat meets the cargo floor.LA%20Auto%20Show%20Nov%2017%20200.JPG

Bonus points for the C-Max.

BTW, can you confirm that the rear head restraints are shingle-style. In your 4th image it looks like this are the shingle-style and not the block-style like in the Focus.

Thanks.

Edited by MKII

Thank you again chuck734, really appreciate the images. My Volvo S60 has this type of folding rear head restraints, good to see Ford

has adapted this feature. Much better then having to remove the head restraints when folding the seat back down..

The big question for me is will a set of golf clubs fit in the back without putting a seat down? I know in my Edge they will just barely fit in lengthwise, so I'm sure they would need to be put in at least at an angle to fit an Escape or C-Max. I notice the Prius V has some cutouts behind the wheel well to provide extra width, but the C-Max looks pretty narrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually seen the interior of the Hybrid version? Will it flat load? How deep with the rear seats down?

My next car is this or the Prius V. I don't care so much about Hybrid, just need a replacement for my station wagon, and getting 20th century fuel economy just seems silly at this point. My only real complaint with the V is the - ahem - acceleration. Not looking for a mustang, but don't like feeling there's a team of horses pulling me backwards.

I was in the same boat as you Rula going back and forth between the Prius V and C-Max. Online specs shows the rear cargo room (with second row of seats up) at approx 15 cubic ft for Prius, ~25 cubic ft for the C-Max Hybrid and ~ 35 cubic ft for Prius V. There is a bit more room in the Prius V but from the above photos it looks like a good size cargo area on the C-Max. I ended up going with the C-Max (partially because I'm a long time Ford guy) but also because the reviews on the lower HP Prius V (with additional weight over the regular Prius) described acceleration as annemic. The C-Max is rated 180+ HP and should have better acceleration and feel more like a gas powered vehicle than the Prius V.

Edited by dtorres

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope the space is user friendly. The published numbers are not always an useable area. Useable like in what we pack for a long weekend or the items bought during the long weekend. Going from a Caravan to the C-Max with be a god test of the usable area.