2007 Ford Expedition Pics

Hydraulic launch assist. A primitive implementation of a hydraulic hybrid (energy stored via compressed hydraulic fluid, as opposed to batteries)

I would not call it primitive ... rather toned down - HHS biases the economy way too much to the City driving away from HWY and as we know - unless you are a UPS truck, HWY economy is important ;)

Igor

Hydraulic launch assist. A primitive implementation of a hydraulic hybrid (energy stored via compressed hydraulic fluid, as opposed to batteries)

Rich: Did you notice the shift lever they still haven't heard you on a 5 or 6 speed tranny and probably the same 300 hp triton and 4 speed tranny :shrug:

To keep you from suffocating, maybe?

On certain Volvos it is impossible to leave the car on recirc for extended periods of time. Recirc shuts off after 10 minutes.

Besides, if your car is hotter inside than outside, recirc makes more work for the A/C compressor, not less.

No not really, the compressor will run more taking hot outside air and cooling it down, than taking already cool air, and making it cooler. Ford's literature (not sure now) would state that running the vehicle in Max A/C was more efficient than running it in Norm A/C...again, because of taking constant hot air, and cooling.

Granted, the first few minutes you enter the car, yes having the RECIRC off Helps a little. I just lower the windows for a few blocks, then and raise them as I approach the main street, and switch to RECIRC.

But as for suffocation, each and every vehicle (and specially with the manual Ford systems) I've always had it on Max-A/C. No need to place it on off, or even change it since in FL, it's just one season...Summer.

On those Volvos, the system switches from RECIRC, when it detects if the inside, or outside air is dirty, and change accordingly. I noticed this annoying bit since I borrowed a friends S80 for a week.

Plus, I don't like smelling the bad toxic smells smelly cars leave behind, during traffic. I prefer smelling my car deoderizer.

So again, I just rather have whatever the selection on the RECIRC, to stay. It's like, I enter the car, and each and everytime... "Click Agree in the Navigation system. Click "RECIRC" in the A/C. Click the "ON" for the cooled seats for myself, and click "ON" for my passengers cooled seat (another one that doesnt stay on and resets each time).

And it really doesn't need to be this complex.

Rich: Did you notice the shift lever they still haven't heard you on a 5 or 6 speed tranny and probably the same 300 hp triton and 4 speed tranny :shrug:

Naw. It's got a 6-speed.

And it really doesn't need to be this complex.

Yeah. You could have a car without cooled seats, and air conditioning.

Since you can't have it both ways with these settings, I'm guessing you ended up holding the wrong set of preferences, vs. the public at large. I know the heated/cooled seats shutting off after a while is a safety catch. But not having them on automatically, like the recirc was probably the subject of more than a few arguments, studies, and discussions and it looks like your side lost.

I think you would hit the button before you get into the seat to adjust it. I know if my GF drives my Mustang (she's 5'1 and I'm 6'2) I sure as hell need to put the seat back to get into it ;)

I'm gonna second you on that one. I've got a 4'11" friend who occasionally drives my car when she visits, and there is no way I'm getting in without moving the seat back first.

I've never had memory seats, though: Do you have to press the button to "remember" the current settings?

I'm gonna second you on that one. I've got a 4'11" friend who occasionally drives my car when she visits, and there is no way I'm getting in without moving the seat back first.

I've never had memory seats, though: Do you have to press the button to "remember" the current settings?

Adjust, program, then set. Once you need to recall the settings just push the button that corresponds to your settings and your all set.

It's crying out for a light duty diesel...along the lines of the Mercedes 3.0 diesel in the Grand Cherokee. That's the only way I would consider one. But it's a beautiful truck I think, but I would just go lease one for a few days instead of owning one all the time...for my use.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Here is a link to the Motor Trend preview video of the new Expedition, Expy EL and Navigator. Looks really nice! He made a comment about the vehicle being designed for engine options that may include a diesel! The only negative he stated was the 5.4L does not quite measure up to some of the larger engines offered in the Suburban and Escalade. Otherwise he made some great observations about the much improved interior layout, especially the rear seats and the IRS compared to the GM models. The Lincoln looks better in the video then what it did in the still pictures. Overall a pretty nice package. Will compete well with GM's new large SUV's.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_0607_mtga...tion_navigator/

Edited by 2005Explorer

Based on the video....

Exterior:

Expy: Nice

Navi: Not so nice

Interior:

Both Great

I'm holding out my judgment for the "in person" decision. I admit I was unpleasantly shocked when the first photos of the Navi broke, but happy with the 2007 Expy front (can't say the same about the rest of the sheetmetal which I haven't liked since 1997). I really don't like the egg-crate grille, I think it looks not-so-great on both the MKX and Navi, I much prefer the waterfall. Oh well. Time will tell if the buying public agrees.

"I really don't like the egg-crate grille, I think it looks not-so-great on both the MKX and Navi, I much prefer the waterfall."

Me too — the chrome waterfall works. You know its a Z or an LT in the mirror. For brand ID for the next few years, IMHO, it should be the grille of choice as it is probably the strongest Lincoln styling cue.