Ford recalls 11k 2013 Escapes due to fire concern, will pick up from owners

Guess u have been under a rock last 8yrs, will give u just 2 spark plugs and cam phasers 5.4 3V 04-07 when the heads were redesigned!!

Sure is good that it was 5 years ago, and hopefully, Ford has learned to avoid problems like that. Time will tell, but we sure don't need a return to the bad old days. :)

Saying the 2008-2012 Escape is a 'different generation' than the 2001-2007 is kinda like saying the 1999-2004 Mustang is a different generation than the 1994-1998, don't you think?

Not even remotely close.

I've driven both for a substantial amount of miles...they are very, very different vehicles.

But yeah...complete powertrain overhauls, completely different interiors, completely different electrics, completely different features, different styling, etc = same.

• Like 1

Sure is good that it was 5 years ago, and hopefully, Ford has learned to avoid problems like that. Time will tell, but we sure don't need a return to the bad old days. :)

I am with u on that thought, I am trying to swallow my sour apples and look at a 5.0L f-150 just waiting to see how it works out in real world use...

No, no, fords terrible, buy something else and go on their boards and complaing how they suck too! LOL

Bitch and complain, "ford doesn't know what their doing, don't feel good about this, uneasy about that" You guys are hilarious. Do you also go on toyota sites and GM sites and complain about those vehicles too?

Had a great weekend, kid got 3rd with his dragster, watched 4 mustangs (two new 5.0's) pick on 3 camaro's. Quickest camaro was dialed 13.00, 426hp manual tranny. The 5.0's are running 12.70 with trac control on and 12.53 with sticky meats and no trac control. Both 5.0's were auto's. There was a 4.6 there with a roush supercharger and air box, on street slicks running 11.75. The rest of the car was bone stock. Lots of fun, a bunch of shitbox fwd cars there, blown 600hp (claimed hp of course) toyota running high 13's LOL (if I take my seats out and my stereo, man, it's a 12 second car)....yeah ok hahaha.

Wrenched on some cars for people, one being a BBC in a 7 sec dragster (replaced triple valve springs..not fun..) Diagnosed a bad tranny brake on a 9 second dart. Between crewing the kids dragster and working on friends cars, BUSY weekend! Loved it though.

Then come back to guys arguing on "the angle of the gearstick in park"....wow....

I think I'll go back to the racing sites, you know, were people talk about "and actual use" their cars. A ford site that has people who are more into fords than just buying one and bitching about trivial things........How about I start a thread for you guys? A thread on the stitching pattern on the gear knobs and why the bmw's "feel" so much better than the ford one. You know, you could have a 8 page argument on who has tighter thread pattern and how long before you see threads coming loose or hanging out? That seems much more up the alley of most on here?

Yeah a fire is serious, it's being dealt with by ford by way of a recall...give it the %^&* up! 11,000 vehicles with 3 fires and 8 PAGES of dithering! REALLY? People questioning workers at plants, basically calling them sabatour's? Ford is inept and is leaderless? REALLY? Then by all means buy something else and use your time to complain about a toaster that sounds weird when it pops or compare rototiller tine angles and which is the best angle and why. (oh wait scratch that, rototiller implies physically DOING something instead of just typing about it. OK, change the last one to- compare download speeds and debate why the east is faster than the west or vise versa.

(it would REALLY be funny if this post turned out to be the post that makes this a 9 page thread) LOL!!!

• Like 1

(replaced triple valve springs..not fun..) From pictures, I've seen, that must be a sumbitch to do!

How about I start a thread for you guys? A thread on the stitching pattern on the gear knobs and why the bmw's "feel" so much better than the ford one. OMG that's funny! :hysterical:

I don't hold out any such hope. I'm just waiting for the first batches of dual clutch automatics to crap out after a few years because they shudder and shake themselves to death or the clutches gives out.

• Like 1

I don't hold out any such hope. I'm just waiting for the first batches of dual clutch automatics to crap out after a few years because they shudder and shake themselves to death or the clutches gives out.

:rolleyes:

We get it. You hated your Focus. Move on.

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

We get it. You hated your Focus. Move on.

I liked the Focus a lot actually, . . . at first. But we all know how that turned out. Oh and by the way mine wasn't the only Focus by a long shot that had a crappy transmission so lets not try to make this out like its just me. In fact I got yet another letter from Ford just a few weeks ago informing me that I need to bring my Focus in and have yet another software patch put on the transmission because it might be having driveablity issues. YA THINK?! lol

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 1

I liked the Focus a lot actually, . . . at first. But we all know how that turned out. Oh and by the way mine wasn't the only Focus by a long shot that had a crappy transmission so lets not try to make this out like its just me. In fact I got yet another letter from Ford just a few weeks ago informing me that I need to bring my Focus in and have yet another software patch put on the transmission because it might be having driveablity issues. YA THINK?! lol

which I would veiw in a good light as well....we havent had many come back at all, but its nice to know Ford is constantly looking to improve...I havent had any issues with the DSG in the Auto Fiesta either, but humour, the step daughter jumps between it and her boyfriends F-150...she refers to the fiesta as an Automatic TRYING to be a manual.....LMAO!

which I would veiw in a good light as well....we havent had many come back at all, but its nice to know Ford is constantly looking to improve...I havent had any issues with the DSG in the Auto Fiesta either, but humour, the step daughter jumps between it and her boyfriends F-150...she refers to the fiesta as an Automatic TRYING to be a manual.....LMAO!

What I should have done was sent the letter back to a Ford with a response that said

Dear Ford

There is no way that my dual clutch could possibly be a shuddery rattling annoying hunk of crap because you sent your almighty Engineer down here from Detroit. He test drove the car for all of two miles (which means down the highway 1 mile in front of the dealership and back) and proclaimed the car to be in perfect working order and that the dealership should make no futher effort to fix or deal with my issues. Perhaps you should check with your engineer before dispatching these letters. If he has proclaimed the car to be in good working order than how could it possibly need another (as in second) software patch to address the driveability issues? Clearly I didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I kept telling you that the car was shuddering and rattling and basically the most annoying car I have ever owned. That couldn't be it could it? Oh wait you've sent me a letter that seems to address that very point of contention. It seems that in fact I was right all along. Oh well, not matter. I have summarily traded that nightmare for a Corolla with which I must tell you I could not be happier with. It is a fantastic car. Perhaps you should call Toyota and ask them how they do it.

lol Now that would have been fun.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 1

What I should have done was sent the letter back to a Ford with a response that said

Dear Ford

There is no way that my dual clutch could possibly be a shuddery rattling annoying hunk of crap because you sent your almighty Engineer down here from Detroit. He test drove the car for all of two miles (which means down the highway 1 mile in front of the dealership and back) and proclaimed the car to be in perfect working order and that the dealership should make no futher effort to fix or deal with my issues. Perhaps you should check with your engineer before dispatching these letters. If he has proclaimed the car to be in good working order than how could it possibly need another (as in second) software patch to address the driveability issues? Clearly I didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I kept telling you that the car was shuddering and rattling and basically the most annoying car I have ever owned. That couldn't be it could it? Oh wait you've sent me a letter that seems to address that very point of contention. It seems that in fact I was right all along. Oh well, not matter. I have summarily traded that nightmare for a Corolla with which I must tell you I could not be happier with. It is a fantastic car. Perhaps you should call Toyota and ask them how they do it.

Wait I didn't realize this was another thread about how much you hated your Focus...

You don't even own the car anymore yet you take every opportunity to complain about it. Move on.

Back to the Escape

Last week Tuesday I had the opportunity to take a new Escape 1.6L AWD for a test drive while the Explorer was getting an oil change and the passenger headlight replaced (wife pulled too far forward in the garage) and I have to say that it is an impressive little motor for such a hefty car. If our boat wasn't as big, I wouldn't mind owning the Escape instead of the Explorer.

Wait I didn't realize this was another thread about how much you hated your Focus...

You don't even own the car anymore yet you take every opportunity to complain about it. Move on.

Back to the Escape

Last week Tuesday I had the opportunity to take a new Escape 1.6L AWD for a test drive while the Explorer was getting an oil change and the passenger headlight replaced (wife pulled too far forward in the garage) and I have to say that it is an impressive little motor for such a hefty car. If our boat wasn't as big, I wouldn't mind owning the Escape instead of the Explorer.

Blackhorse should leave the derailing to me............make a point to drive the 2.0.....little pocket rocket.....and more refined than the 1.6.... Edited by Deanh

Dear Ford

to say ive been itching to do this is an understatement........ Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Blackhorse should leave the derailing to me............make a point to drive the 2.0.....little pocket rocket.....and more refined than the 1.6....

I hope to have the opportunity to drive the 2.0 sometime. I was lucky that I even got to test drive the 1.6L, it was the only Escape they had left and right after I got back the dealership got a call from a person who wanted to know if they still had it in stock and once they told him it was still available the person told them he was driving there to purchase it. Turns out the guy lived a good hour away.

After nine pages on the topic of the Escape has been recalled due to pinched fuel lines there is still something to say on the matter? If you guys haven't worked out just about every angle of such a limitied scope topic after 2 pages you really need help. But please feel free to. . .

:beatdeadhorse:

• Like 2

After nine pages on the topic of the Escape has been recalled due to pinched fuel lines there is still something to say on the matter? If you guys haven't worked out just about every angle of such a limitied scope topic after 2 pages you really need help. But please feel free to. . .

:beatdeadhorse:

Pot meet kettle

Seriously who is the person still harping on about a car they don't even own anymore? Yep that's right it is you. Let it go, we all know you had problems with your Focus and that you think your Corolla is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We just don't want to hear about it anymore.

Take your own advice and stop :beatdeadhorse:

Edited by stpatrick90
  • Like 1

Pot meet kettle

Seriously who is the person still harping on about a car they don't even own anymore? Yep that's right it is you. Let it go, we all know you had problems with your Focus and that you think your Corolla is the greatest thing since sliced bread. We just don't want to hear about it anymore.

Take your own advice and stop :beatdeadhorse:

It's precisely why I did it. I figure you fellas can :beatdeadhorse: then I can :beatdeadhorse:

And pretty much if I feel like talking about something I will, just like everyone else here does.

But not to worry guys, I've personally talked at least 6 people that I know of for sure out of buying a Ford in the last seven months since I got rid of the Focus. Possibly more that I don't know about. Two of them were considering a Focus. How much money you figure that's worth? Talking works.

• Like 1

But not to worry guys, I've personally talked at least 6 people that I know of for sure out of buying a Ford in the last seven months since I got rid of the Focus. Possibly more that I don't know about. Two of them were considering a Focus. How much money you figure that's worth? Talking works.

It sounds like you real proud of that.

• Like 1

It's precisely why I did it. I figure you fellas can :beatdeadhorse: then I can :beatdeadhorse:

And pretty much if I feel like talking about something I will, just like everyone else here does.

Oh I am certain Ford is hurting missing those 6 sales.../sarcasm

I am certain that over the last few years that my glowing recommendations have swayed at least number of people into Fords, talking works both ways. By all means though continue to have your little pity party and be happy in your car that I even refuse to have as a rental.