Another Houston Lincoln dealership gone

Which dealer, revamped to the new Lincoln standard, has closed?

None of course, just the ones revamped to the "Gallery" standard. Which, as far as I understand it, is still acceptable. The dealer I go to now (Crest) is one of those. Fantastic experience over there compared to Crissman, which is why I defected. I understand the need to close the others down. But it's such a PITA to drive 45 minutes to my dealership when I needed to address a problem (like MLT).

Troy Lincoln is a bit closer to me, maybe 40-minutes. But it was bought by Crissman and the same jackholes are there now so I'd rather take the 5-minutes and stay at Crest if I want to do this again.

Edited by BORG

San Diego has ONE (1) Lincoln dealership. Another in North County Carlsbad, 30 miles or so. Hopefully demand goes up and we get another dealership.

I think it's safe to assume I will never see another Lincoln dealership nearby considering the abundance of them in Detroit anyway, Lincoln won't issue new franchises unless they are in key demographic areas like the West Coast.

So if I understand you right, you have a Lincoln dealership 5 minutes from your house, and you are peeved because, thanks to dealership consolidation, the next closest one is like 45 minutes away?

No no, I have one 40-min (Troy) or 45-min (Crest) away from where I work and live. I was saying that the 5-minute difference between the two is trivial.

Edited by BORG

None of course, just the ones revamped to the "Gallery" standard. Which, as far as I understand it, is still acceptable.

"Gallery"-imaged facilities are still required to perform the new look upgrades (though I've heard it is permissible to meet the new aesthetic with mostly cosmetic changes to the Gallery designs).

When I heard Group 1 had bought Southwest Lincoln, I thought that maybe they planned to exercise the "buy low" strategy with respect to Lincoln's current 'state of affairs.' But now it is clear to me it was just a land grab.

The dealership had been refreshed two or three years ago, so it would not be of the latest design.