Yahoo Ford C-Max article

The reviews coming in from the media have been extremelly positive. It has been easy to forget the C-Max with the launch of the Escape, Fusion, and MKZ this year...but the C-Max is just as exciting. I hope Ford promotes the hell out of this thing. If it were me I'd create an ad that shows off the Fiesta, Focus, C-Max, and Fusion Hybrid ( all in different colors ) to show off Ford's fuel economy leadership.

• 2 weeks later...

Review: 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid tops Toyota Prius in performance, handling and interior

The real difference is in the driving experience, as a short comparison test drive proved. The C-Max is considerably quieter and has stronger acceleration when needed, its handsome interior is far more attractive than the Prius V’s plastic jumble, and it has a real gearshift lever to the Prius’ annoyingly odd tap-shifter.

Review: 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid tops Toyota Prius in performance, handling and interior

The real difference is in the driving experience, as a short comparison test drive proved. The C-Max is considerably quieter and has stronger acceleration when needed, its handsome interior is far more attractive than the Prius V’s plastic jumble, and it has a real gearshift lever to the Prius’ annoyingly odd tap-shifter.

Coming from Jil this is quite impressive. She is not much of a Ford fan.

Jalopnik

The good news is the C-Max Hybrid is a car that seems to be the result of some very careful engineering by people who understand that there's lots of good options availiable for people looking for a decent amount of room, modern appointments, and good fuel economy. Ford seems to have really brought it in most of these categories, and the result is a car that, while perhaps not the most thrilling, is very good at what it does.

The real story, though, is comparing it head-to-head with the nearest competitor, the Prius V. Ford had some on hand so we could try them out right after driving the C-Max, and that was smart. Compared to the C-Max, the Prius V is loud, sluggish, made with lower-rent materials inside, and cramped. It's a striking comparison.

Compared to the C-Max, the Prius V is loud, sluggish, made with lower-rent materials inside, and cramped. It's a striking comparison.

And people will still buy the Prius because it is a Prius and they won't even test drive anything else. And even if they did test drive the C-Max, they'd still buy the Prius because it's a Prius. Idiots!

Edited by fordmantpw

They need to add a Titanium level of the C-Max, HID headlights, BLIS, Cross-traffic alert, LED Running lights, Self Parking and the Power Liftgate, along with some 5 spoke polished wheels. Tinted back windows would be a nice addition too.

The C-Max already offers Self-Parking and a Power Lift-gate. Tinted windows are standard I believe in the C-Max. I'm surprised BLISS isn't in there however. Ford has been reluctant to do true LED running lights in the US, although they have tossed in their wimpy alternatives (Edge, Taurus, Fiesta, Mustang). The Escape is the first and only Ford to offer them in the US. The MKZ also gets them, and theirs are more Audi-like with integrated amber LED turning indicators.

I was surprised that C-Max SEL is not C-Max Titanium what with Ford phasing out SEL trim level on Fiesta, Focus, and Fusion.

Ford needs consistency in what is on an SE, SEL, and Titanium. The SE Fusion range is way to big and has to many options.

A SE on all models should have certain features, a SEL should have certain features, and a Titanium should have certain exclusive equipment and sport tuning.

I also applaud the Winter Package being added, now just a senior package needs to be added with adaptive HID's, and BLIS, and lane drift control. - though I wouldn't call it that - maybe vision and assistance package. My Parents both love the HID's on their Explorer as it makes it easier to drive at night for them, and the BLIS/Crosstraffic is a feature that is required on their next car my mom loves it when she backs out. They were disappointed that neither was offered on the C-MAX as they had planned on getting an Energi as a city car.

• 2 weeks later...

And people will still buy the Prius because it is a Prius and they won't even test drive anything else. And even if they did test drive the C-Max, they'd still buy the Prius because it's a Prius. Idiots!

Prius family has a proven reliability record that's among the best of any car on the market, and the Synergy Drive system is top notch among parallel hybrid powertrains.

While acquiring a Prius (or a C-Max, Volt, or any other HEV or PHEV for that matter) for some vague environmentalist claptrap reason is idiotic, buying a Prius because it's a Prius is not.