C-Max O.K. to ship date?

dtorres

Anyone know when when Ford is going to give the O. K. to ship to the C-Max? Someone mentioned that they are piling up around MAP but haven't received Ford's O. K. to ship to dealers yet.

Nobody knows exactly. If it's like other Ford vehicles they must build 5 days in a row without a single problem. Every time a problem is found the 5 day clock starts over. Could be a few days - could be a couple of weeks or longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Dtorres, congrats on the new car! I'm really excited about the C-Max ( wish they picked a different name...but oh well ) and if I was in the market for a new car it would be near the top of my list. If you have the time I'd love a detailed review from an actual owner. :)

• 2 weeks later...

6 to 8 weeks is standard if there are no delays. I ordered first week of August, it was made first week of September and it is still sitting at the factory awaiting shipment. Due to the delay my dealer let me switch to a similar one he already had. I think a better choice than ordering is looking at local dealer's inventory through Ford's website to find one you like. Then go there or ask your dealer of choice if they can transfer it.

When looking at Ford's inventory list any thing that says "dealer ordered" has not arrived yet. If it doesn't say "dealer ordered" then it's on their lot or in shipment and should arrive in 1 to 2 weeks.

Edited by dtorres

• 2 weeks later...