Stupid Sync Services and Stupid Ford Dealerships

Tazzel

I have MyFord Sync without Navigation. I have my phone sync fine. I can make and recieve calls ok, even text works. When I hit voice button, I say "services" it says it cant connect. About 1 time in 30 will it connect. It trys to call but says cant connect. I have setup my account on Sync my ride. I have read that this is a problem, does anyone know a fix

Edited by Tazzel

I have MyFord Sync without Navigation. I have my phone sync fine. I can make and recieve calls ok, even text works. When I hit voice button, I say "services" it says it cant connect. About 1 time in 30 will it connect. It trys to call but says cant connect. I have setup my account on Sync my ride. I have read that this is a problem, does anyone know a fix

I've had the same problem several times. I've been in contact with a SYNC tech through Facebook and was told an update is in the works, will be tested with owners of Edge and Explorer and will be rolled out soon for the Escape and Focus. It was suggested I do a master reboot, which I did, and I haven't had connection problems since, but the other MyFord Touch issues still pop up requiring a fuse pull. The other suggestion was to have my service department re-install the software, which I'll wait on for a last resort. I'm thinking same software, same issues, two hours or more lost sitting at the dealership.

Dealer cannot reinstall the software. When they try ford computer will tell them they have the

latest version on the car. I train people on Sync every week and almost never have a problem

connecting. If you have another phone i would see if the same thing happens.

Edited by ladybird4

You can do a Master Reset by going into settings on the MyFord touch Screen. A Better option is to do

a Hard Reboot. You can do that by pulling the fuse, Disconnecting the battery or using a Flash Drive with

the reboot files installed on it. If you need the last you can send me your email address and i will email you

the files.

Edited by ladybird4

Stupid Sync and stupid Ford Dealerships. Went to dealer with warranty issues. Told them that Sync Services was not working correctly. Would only connect 1 out of 20 or 30 try’s. They Told me that I needed to get a new phone and handed me a list of compatible phones. The problem is that the list has no column for "Sync Services" compatiblity. My phone syncs fine, even text messaging works. The only thing I have problems with is connecting to sync services. When I called Sync Service tech support they said it should work, it is just calling a number and if you can make a phone call then you should be able to call the number for sync services. No %$%^*& that’s what I am asking support, why is it having such a hard time connecting if it’s just calling a number? They act like it’s a problem they have never heard about but on Ford owner to owner forum it’s full of people having the same issue and Ford refuses to address it, instead customers are left floundering around. You get the same answers from everyone, reboot the phone, take battery out, Reboot the car system, and then finally when everything else fails, well just buy a new phone and see what happens. What a bunch of BS

Edited by Tazzel

I dont understand why the dealerships just does not say that then unstead of "well go buy a new phone and see if it works". It just seems that Ford Dealerships are great at knowing the vehicles mechanics but when it comes to the Ford Sync and MyFord Touch they just shrug. They need to have a full time computer geek onsite.

I dont understand why the dealerships just does not say that then unstead of "well go buy a new phone and see if it works". It just seems that Ford Dealerships are great at knowing the vehicles mechanics but when it comes to the Ford Sync and MyFord Touch they just shrug. They need to have a full time computer geek onsite.

Because they're lazy.

The dealership I go to has a fully trained MFT/SYNC technician. He only works M-F during the day so any service is a sit and wait or drop the car off situation.