2013 Fusion Trailer

Has anyone tried to build a Fusion lately? It seems like they are really limiting wheel combo options to specific packages...pretty much forcing me to go a different direction? Thoughts or should this be another thread, ha.

probably different thread but I agree the packages on the Fusion in general suck, to many, you cant get close to what you want, and are confusing. It's weird I love the car in looks but there are little things that really annoy me.

I think wheel options are limited to the selected trim levels on the MKZ as well. I've been building my own on the Lincoln site and if I go all the way up to the "Preferred" I have to go with the painted pocket wheels. I'm not trying to hijack the thread but it makes me wonder if Ford is starting to move more in the direction of Honda in that if you choose trim level "X" for instance it comes with "Y" regardless. A guy I work with who bought a Honda Pilot a couple of years ago actually bragged to me about searching for a certain trim level and that they universal in features and it made his search easier.

Again sorry for the attempted thread hijack---now back to the Fusion Trailer...

Ummm...the car is nice but that trailer is horrible. A bunch of identical b-roll passes spliced together.

Looks like they shot all over So Cal, from Santa Monica Pier to Del Mar to Palomar. I'm sure I'll be seeing clips of them in Ford San Diego Dealer ads real soon. In a 30 second spot they'll use 3 or 4 different clips. Just ad music and voice overs.

I just think that seeing this car in motion in the b-roll makes it look even more appealing! I saw it at several different auto show floors but seeing it on the road is much more dramatic. The same applies to the MKZ if you see it in real-world situations like this one:

http://youtu.be/18ytZ31zC8w

Edited by hbalek

I think wheel options are limited to the selected trim levels on the MKZ as well. I've been building my own on the Lincoln site and if I go all the way up to the "Preferred" I have to go with the painted pocket wheels. I'm not trying to hijack the thread but it makes me wonder if Ford is starting to move more in the direction of Honda in that if you choose trim level "X" for instance it comes with "Y" regardless. A guy I work with who bought a Honda Pilot a couple of years ago actually bragged to me about searching for a certain trim level and that they universal in features and it made his search easier.

Again sorry for the attempted thread hijack---now back to the Fusion Trailer...

Make swapping wheels a condition of a deal. Most dealers have no problem doing it. Especially if you are trading "down" to a cheaper packages wheel. They can turn around and use the nicer wheel as a selling point for the other car.

• Like 1

Make swapping wheels a condition of a deal. Most dealers have no problem doing it. Especially if you are trading "down" to a cheaper packages wheel. They can turn around and use the nicer wheel as a selling point for the other car.

When I bought my LS, the dealer offered to trade wheels when I made some off-handed remark about them (I didn't take them up on the offer because I didn't dislike the stock wheels). I know my local Ford dealer has even put on aftermarket wheels on trucks to make a deal; that's how my dad got the wheels and tires he now has on his '05 F350--they made him a screaming deal on the take-offs from one of those deals (he basically got brand new wheels and tires, plus the recalibration for the bigger wheel/tire combo, for less than the cost of a set of tires).