New member with a story

dave 316

Hello all.

I posted this in here because I didn't want to bother anybody who wasn't going through the pain of a GT500 order. In my story, I have been lucky enough to build two fox boy notchbacks that both made the cover of Muscle Mustangs And Fast Fords. Then life happened. I am a police officer, then got married and now have two beautiful young children. The 1000 horse power, True Street Champion of 2010 notch had to go.

I have missed that car very much. The joy of the children took the sting away, but anytime I would hear the rumble of an off road exhaust. Well you understand. Anyway, life was about to throw me a curveball like you would get in the bottom of the 9th in game seven of the world series with 2 outs and the count 3 and 2 with bases loaded being down 2 runs. This curve ball was not to be swung on and missed, but launched out of the park. Without the details, funds were going to be available to order my dream. A 2013 Shelby GT 500. After zero luck of any dealer letting me order what I wanted with no ADM, I gave up and thought it wasn't meant to be. Out of the blue, my phone rings from a dealer who I called looking for an order. He tells me he has an inbound car that the original buyer backed out on. He further states that the order can still be modified. He then drops the bomb that because of my service to the public, the owner will do MSRP!! The order is placed, and within ten days I have a vin number. 30 days later, my car is built, and in area 51.

Now somebody on another forum I am a member of tells me about Blue Oval Forums. I find out that a gentleman here will track my car for me. I am sooo excited now I can hardly type. I look forward to my membership here, and if any member here is from New Jersey and needs any information on law enforcement, or motor vehicle code, please hit me up. Thanks for listening, and I will post pics as soon as I take delivery!

Dave

• 2 years later...