What is profit sharing amount y.t.d.?

67cougar289

you voted yes.....and our...your...bonus is CAPPED!!!(SMART for company,not so much for membership) where is our union............................. where is our contract books???...don't worry you will see them when election time comes. are they on the way, as we have been told!! when did we sign?? help ...union??

• Like 1

you voted yes.....and our...your...bonus is CAPPED!!!(SMART for company,not so much for membership) where is our union............................. where is our contract books???...don't worry you will see them when election time comes. are they on the way, as we have been told!! when did we sign?? help ...union??

Stop posting misleading info profit sharing is not capped. This was put to rest when fearmongering was rampant during contract neogiatons

Like we would ever reach the max allowed for profit sharing. People who say that we should have voted the last contract down are mindless idiots who have no understanding of the auto industry. Read a business page in the newspaper once in awhile morons

I have received more than the current cap in the past. Ford took the union to school in the last round of negotiations. I could save the union some money on new contract books.

1) Open your old contract book

2) Gather a straight edge and pencil

3) Cross through anything that benefits the worker

4) Add 2nd tier wage scale

5) Remove defined pension for new employees

6) More AWS

7) On the last page write be thankful you have a job

Keep drinking the cool aid

Edited by X NAP MILLWRIGHT
  • Like 2

minus 10% for VEBA

Do you want medical coverage when you retire???? Then you better hope that every profit share is good...Ford no longer owes you medical when you retire....The money has to come from you or there will be none....Ford paid all they are going to...If you want coverage in retirement, you better not bitch about paying for it now....or your could pay later dumb ass

Edited by longball
  • Like 3

Do you want medical coverage when you retire???? Then you better hope that every profit share is good...Ford no longer owes you medical when you retire....The money has to come from you or there will be none....Ford payed all they are going to...If you want coverage in retirement, you better not bitch about paying for it now....or your could pay later dumb ass

First of all...I have family members retired now who are getting screwed on the insurance our union took over...at what point was my post of "minus 10% towards veba" in anyway negative or stating that I didn't agree?...when I was simply adding on to a previous post someone made that the total was 6400 for 6.4 billion...making sure everyone knew that the veba must come out of that figure....Jump to many conclusions..."dumbass"...one in every post!

First of all...I have family members retired now who are getting screwed on the insurance our union took over...at what point was my post of "minus 10% towards veba" in anyway negative or stating that I didn't agree?...when I was simply adding on to a previous post someone made that the total was 6400 for 6.4 billion...making sure everyone knew that the veba must come out of that figure....Jump to many conclusions..."dumbass"...one in every post!

If your "minus 10% for VEBA " wasn't a shot at the arrangement to pay for our medical benefits...why didn't you also add union dues, medicare,state tax, federal tax,school tax...and what ever else you pay out of profit sharing....you can try to back out of your own words but it ain't flying with me....if your looking for the one dumbass in every topic you might want to look in the mirror...

Also our union is the one who reduced our benefit levels....this has nothing to do with the company...If Ford would have tried to do to the retirees, what the union did...we would have had our first strike since '76

Edited by longball

I voted yes for several reasons;

Entry level got a raise- they are our future get them up to traditional wage and benefits asap

Yes the profit sharing is capped at 12k- tell me the last time Ford hit 12 billion for north American profits--damagedone is wrong, follow twincam harley's page references

Check the tab next to your pay stub online Volume 1 is there and the other 5 Volumes should be there soon, thats right it has taken so long because there is now 6 Volumes instead of 5

After the new year FRAP yes not AAI but Flat Rock Assembly Plant will be getting insourced work from Mexico, please tell me the last time we have insourced work from a cheaper labor country....I am sure you cant because it has never happened before.

• Like 1

If your "minus 10% for VEBA " wasn't a shot at the arrangement to pay for our medical benefits...why didn't you also add union dues, medicare,state tax, federal tax,school tax...and what ever else you pay out of profit sharing....you can try to back out of your own words but it ain't flying with me....if your looking for the one dumbass in every topic you might want to look in the mirror...

Also our union is the one who reduced our benefit levels....this has nothing to do with the company...If Ford would have tried to do to the retirees, what the union did...we would have had our first strike since '76

Because all other items are a given and are taken out everytime...have been for almost 25 years when I received a check...veba is new and some may not be aware....your an idiot. You make a stupid ass comment and rather than admit you may have jumped the gun and after I made it clear I have several family members who are directly affected by VEBA...you try and prove your point and make yourself look even dumber then I originally thought...and your thought that this union would ever have the balls to strike proves my point because this union will never strike again...period...ding ding ding...we have our thread idiot...lovesballs! Edited by Ktp1989

Please don't speak of our union in such a derogatory tone....you would not be looking at retiring in a few years if not for my/our union, you would not have nearly the benefits if not for the UAW...let alone getting a share of the profit....wake up brother....the benefit you fund with 10% of extra/free money may someday be your own....

Our union!!!!! I for one will speak about the union anyway i want. Do you really trust these people to manage our health care money wisely, i don't. Current retirees who think they are getting srewed haven't seen anything yet. You call profit sharing free money, i for one bust my rear everyday and i feel i have earned every penny. If the union comes to us next contract and says we need 25% of your "free money" will you vote yes for that too. Damagedone mentioned fear mongers, he must be talking about the union reps that were walking the floor telling people they better vote yes or ford will give their work to a plant that votes yes. If you or anyone else thinks teir 2 wages will ever be brought up to to teir 1 level please share what ever you're smoking with the rest of us. Your union negotiated 3 raises for people that haven't even been hired yet. what about us, you know the people that come to work everyday and haven't had a raise in how many years? Speaking of raises we gave up our last raise to contribute to retiree health care is that 1 dollar an hour still going to that or did it just disappear? Please don't come back with in this economy we are lucky to have a job, because in this same economy ford has the money to give management raises and invest 100's of millions of dollars all over the world with money this membership helped them earn. The iuaw is in bed with the company and if people can't see that there is little hope for any of us. How big do you think the signing bonus checks for iuaw reps were? Profit sharing is based on hours worked everyones check is different. a skilled trades person woking overtime could easily reach that 12,000 cap. Until the membership finally says enough is enough our race to the bottom (teir 2 wages for everyone) will continue.

Edited by bigphish

I call profit sharing free money because I believe you would work just as hard even if you never got profit sharing....you work hard everyday because that is what you were hired to do...not because of profit sharing...free money?...think about it....I put in my time with and without the chance of a profit sharing check...and no one I worked with ever gave a thought of working differently because of profit sharing....We all hired into a situation that the company and union controlled...we are just the grunts....I'm no union cheerleader by any means...but we have or had very good paying jobs with good bennies...The company didn't GIVE these to us out of the goodness of their hearts...our union negotiated them for us...good time of year to be thankful....I give up....can't take the negativity ..go ahead and be angry about your situation...you might want to blame yourself if you feel you're not compensated enough....there are a lot of opportunities out there.

I will admit I'm wrong. The top level is 12000, however do you any of you believe we'd ever see that kind of profit sharing? I highly doubt it. And jerrymaker...you are really bitter about RAWS and having to work at DTP so much. I was in the same boat. Call Joel and the international and ask him why they just hired 150 new hires without bringing any RTBUs back.

I for one, don't care anymore. Life goes on.