New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Can someone with a Titanium tell me if they have a trim piece behind the rear view mirror that covers the wiring for the sensors at the top of the windshield? Mine is open and you can see the wiring with foam padding around it. It looks like there should be a trim piece there. Thanks.

Mine is open too

I agree, I doubt that 300hp is going to kill the trans in this car. My Audi A4 came with 170hp and when I was done with it the car was making closer to 280-300hp. I started modding at 140k miles (25psi on a hybrid K04 turbo) and at 170k it has now I've not had a single problem with the engine or trans (it has an automatic).

I won't be modding the Fusion anytime soon though, I've never had a warranty and I don't want to take the chance of losing it. If I do any mods they'll be done through Ford so I don't risk my warranty.

I don't think the trans would be much of an issue if the trans is tuned along with the motor. Kinda of like when I had my F250 tuned. If you relied on the vehicle computer to try and learn to deal with the additional power it could kill the trans quickly but if you have a tune for the trans as well that tells it how to behave there is no issue.

What size are those wheels/tires? 16"?

Been looking to get a "winter package" but wasn't sure if the 16s would fit (or look right, for that matter). Now that I see your pic, it looks acceptable to me, especially for winter mode.

Yes they are 16".

Here is my Fusion in the parking lot at work this morning.

I do love it. There's an awful lot to love. I wrote some initial impressions in another thread last night, which I'll copy out here as well:

The seats are definitely full leather, not trim. (ETA: or at least full leather-look. There is no cloth anywhere on them).

The stereo is amazing. I can't imagine what the extra could have possibly bought me in terms of an upgrade.

In addition to the luxury package, the rear camera and the backup sensors, which were on my original order, this one also has:

Adaptive Cruise

Driver Assist (with BLIS)

18 inch luxury wheels.

Navigation.

I do love the BLIS and used it already to merge into a tight spot I never would have attempted in my Prius this evening. The adaptive cruise I sort of wanted anyway. The nav and the wheels, well, the 18 inch wheels are nicer than the stock ones.

Haven't driven it that much, but it handles very nicely and was whisper quiet on the freeway.

This morning on the way to work I played with the adaptive cruise. Very nice! I know I am going to love this feature, as I use my cruise control a lot.

So far I feel very comfortable with it. The size and shape are more "normal" to me than the Prius was, given that my car before was a Subaru Legacy. It's bigger than the legacy, but I have a better sense of where my nose is, if you get what I mean. The Prius just never seemed to fit what I wanted it to fit in that regard.

Also, I've had occasion to do a couple of tight U turns and I was pretty impressed by the turning radius. Not quite as good as the Prius (by maybe a hair) but very good, and felt very connected to the road throughout the turns. Overall, I'm in love. What can I say?

post-48763-0-05962000-1359564128_thumb.jpg

Edited by elle
  • Like 1

I thought I remember reading somewhere that it could tell if your hands weren't on the wheel and it alerted/warned you about that. Of course now that I'm thinking about it, I can't seem to find that anywhere...

I get the keep hands on wheel alert all the time on flat straightaways. My hands are obviously on the wheel, but the corrections need are so small it thinks I'm not steering.

Yes you're definitely missing a piece. Snapped a photo of my car just now - looks like this (same as the photo I linked before):

It was dark when I first noticed it. Looking at it just now in the daytime it was obvious that a trim piece was missing. Thanks for the confirmation.

Oh yeah, it's missing :) I've seen some cars that just have the wires leaving the mirror, but yours is more than just that.

Here is something I noticed on my car when washing it last weekend, but had not posted in a thread yet.

See the attached photo of the rubber stripping that goes on the front part of each back door... it should have been attached to the contour of the door from top to bottom, however the middle section was pulled off since it was hung up on the door hinge from the back door (the yellow dashes are how I found it). I looked the car over before delivery but did not look this closely I guess.

I don't know if a machine or a human does this, if it was a machine then it's out of whack, and if it is a human then he/she is either in too much of a hurry or careless -- it was this way on both doors.

post-48754-0-28480300-1359571604_thumb.jpg

yikes, i'll check mine. Thats pretty strange, but nice job noticing that.

Here is something I noticed on my car when washing it last weekend, but had not posted in a thread yet.

See the attached photo of the rubber stripping that goes on the front part of each back door... it should have been attached to the contour of the door from top to bottom, however the middle section was pulled off since it was hung up on the door hinge from the back door (the yellow dashes are how I found it). I looked the car over before delivery but did not look this closely I guess.

I don't know if a machine or a human does this, if it was a machine then it's out of whack, and if it is a human then he/she is either in too much of a hurry or careless -- it was this way on both doors.

attachicon.gif2013_FFH_DoorStripping.jpg

attachicon.gif2013_FFH_DoorStripping.jpg

Strange. I just checked mine briefly on both sides and, for the most part, it seems to be glued all the way through.

With exception of the very top - as in if you follow your "was connected at be very top" arrow and then go up a bit (like 1/4 inch). That tip seems to be a bit loose there.

EDIT - looked again with more time and I don't think it's glued.

There are a few attachment points and now I understand betterwhat you said. There are 5 or 6 and all of them are attached on mine.

It seems the 2 in the mid-section of your car aren't. Not normal, imo

Edited by Salva

If I'm seeing correctly......(big if there :) ) .........

That piece should be held on by some plastic tabs on the inner portion of the rear door. Mine is pretty tight all the way down, I think I counted 4 - 5 tabs on the inside? (about every 5 - 6 ") You might check to see if the tabs are broken or not pushed in?

Thank you for posting the window tint video. I'm on the fence about being tinted in PA but with 40% and how much you can see inside I don't think I'll have any issues with 50%.

Thank you for posting the window tint video. I'm on the fence about being tinted in PA but with 40% and how much you can see inside I don't think I'll have any issues with 50%.

To be honest i really wouldnt recommend going lighter than 40%. When I'm inside the car and looking out you barely notice the tint. And from the outside it still offers some privacy without being too dark and attracting lots of attention from the police. I have another car its a black challenger that is 20% tint and its much darker and looks great but i get harassed by cops all the time. I have a youtube video of it also in case you want to see what the 20% looks like.

I'm in PA, and had 35% tint on my GTI for the entire 6.5 years I owned the car. Never had a problem with police. Been pulled over a number of times (mainly for speeding) and not once did the cop even mention the tint. I think you'd be alright.

There is a reason why cops don't like darker tint.

Yep, but if you're smart about it, they won't care. i.e. windows down + interior light on if you get pulled over. This way his attention won't be drawn to how dark the tint is.

Edited by boogs

FINALLY got mine. Around 6 months total time. This is my original order, I have no issues with it as far as my touch etc. My only complaint is the dead pedal is to narrow.

Has everything except adaptive cruise, and park assist. 450 miles. 20% Tint all around the same day I picked it up.

Also anyone on the fence about this color just do it. You WILL NOT regret it. The black windows and blue paint is incredible.

2013-02-04_08-20-29_656_zps116f828d.jpg

2013-02-04_08-20-17_25_zps23bc2f07.jpg

2013-02-04_08-20-06_470_zps1b064986.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, I got a Fusion for Christmas! Wrapped up, under the tree. My son gave it to me.

Here's a picture; http://www.flickr.com/photos/91862534@N06/8343713032/in/photostream

Impressions so far: Beautiful styling. Uses very little gas. Not a lot of room in the trunk -- in fact, the trunk doesn't open.

If you want one, they are available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Greenlight-Fusion-Silver-Die-Cast-Vehicle/dp/B008IREGMK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353690116&sr=8-1&keywords=Ford+fusion+die+cast

ETA is PDQ

It's actual size of the Energi trunk... They have 4 colors (white, gray, black, and not blue), avoid ebay, some nut has them for $80. Amazon is $12.

As mentioned there's a ton.....hard to say which is for what but some are for the park waring (beeps when you get close) - have those front & rear. I'd wager the ones on the corner are for the park assist, those directly in front for the close warning.

It has 70 computers - who's to say what does what :D

It's worse than you know. There was an online article where Ford says the Fusion's computers generate 25 GB of data per hour!

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37541

Edited by shaggy314