New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Until the struts fail and you can't open the hood or it falls on you. Just saying there are always tradeoffs.

You could have the same issue with Hatchbacks, or SUV hatches. Haven't heard of many issues.

8 years of owning the Sport Trac I've never had an issue with the hood struts. Same on my wife's 8 year old car!

Edited by kfengler

Until the struts fail and you can't open the hood or it falls on you. Just saying there are always tradeoffs.

Ha. This happened on my Acura TL @ about 6 years old and there were two of them holding the hood up. What an unpleasant experience it was opening the hood one day to have it smack me right in the head. :drop:

Edited by cjh

Hmm, is that for the US? I didn't check the US site for 2013 models. On the Canadian site the 2013 SE had access to everything the Titanium had, except some cosmetic stuff and the Sony audio system, both of which I can do without. In fact, for 2014, I'd say the SE actually lost something (AWD) - that is now Titanium-only in both the US and Canada.

Anyway, back to the topic of posting pics of new Fusions:

I'll start with one of my favourite pics of my old Fusion.

And this is a slightly used one I would get if it's still available when I move to BC:

I wouldn't mind getting a slightly-used Titanium with AWD, except that like 80% of the dealer models have the spoiler equipped which I dislike (I know my current car has a spoiler but I was buying used in a hurry so I couldn't really complain).

If I do a new factory order I'll opt for dune-coloured leather seats rather than the more common black. I can live with black, but I prefer a lighter colour so it doesn't burn my arse when left out in the sun, haha. My current car is black-on-black and it was torture during the summer months in Ontario!

In the US the 2014 had AWD as an option! 2014 FUSION 2015 has AWD also.

BTW I've had Charcoal color leather on several cars, never had a problem with burning my arse, but then I don't drive naked! ;-) ;-) It does get warm out here in the summer, 90° - 95° most of the times, and usually a week or two of 100° - 105°. It's been 115° once since I've been out here.

I moved from Mississauga in 1978. Where in Ontario are you? The thing I miss the least, is the humidity in the TO area in the summers. And also the salt that is used on the roads in the winter!

I looked at a 2014 new Titanium that had 350 miles on it, Magnet gray color. Took the 2015 SE because of how it was optioned out, and only 8 miles on it.

Edited by kfengler

BTW I've had Charcoal color leather on several cars, never had a problem with burning my arse, but then I don't drive naked! ;-) ;-) It does get warm out here in the summer, 90° - 95° most of the times, and usually a week or two of 100° - 105°. It's been 115° once since I've been out here.

I moved from Mississauga in 1978. Where in Ontario are you? The thing I miss the least, is the humidity in the TO area in the summers. And also the salt that is used on the roads in the winter!

I looked at a 2014 new Titanium that had 350 miles on it, Magnet gray color. Took the 2015 SE because of how it was optioned out, and only 8 miles on it.

You mean it wasn't the colour that sold you!? I'm in love with the Ruby Red. Wouldn't have it in any other colour!

And someone else on another forum was questioning whether or not my car was a 2014 or a 2015 because it had AWD. They were like "2014 SE didn't have AWD as an option! Are you sure it's not a '15?" and my response was "yes, I'm pretty sure..." lol.

In the US, AWD was exclusive to the Titanium until the 2015 model year.

You mean it wasn't the colour that sold you!? I'm in love with the Ruby Red. Wouldn't have it in any other colour!

And someone else on another forum was questioning whether or not my car was a 2014 or a 2015 because it had AWD. They were like "2014 SE didn't have AWD as an option! Are you sure it's not a '15?" and my response was "yes, I'm pretty sure..." lol.

The Ruby Red helped. I had a Dark Stone Metallic Sport Trac, and the Magnet Gray was too close. When I saw the RR SE model and how it was optioned out, that sold it. Being a model year newer and 350 miles less to start helped.

The dealer had about 50 on their lot, most being the SE & S models with either the 1.5 or 2.5 engines, this was the only SE with AWD, 18" Wheels, 2.0 ECOBOOST and a couple other things I wanted in the car.

• 1 month later...

Bought my 2nd 2015 Fusion Se Sunday, yes my 2nd in just over a week. I dropped off my car to have the windows tinted as part of the "deal" and they dented the window post/pillar. I told the sales MGR if I can not spot the damage after the repair were are good. Long story short the work looked like some one with a vision problem did the repair. So the sales Mgr told me to go pick out another car. My "old Fusion had 290 miles on it. This time around I picked one that was $2,000 more 18 inch wheels/spoiler/ etc the "sports package I believe? They did not at anytime ask for more money on the new new car. I puchased the car for the same amount as my first $17,888 after rebates etc....

I came from a 2015 Chevy Malibu that was wrecked. Less the 3,000 miles on it. The Malibu had the auto stop feature which I did not care for. I could never figure out why on my way to work some days at the same lights and traffic some times it turned off some days it did not. Some time the auto stop would not auto stop for days.....

Bought the fusion the styling is a bit better and with the rebates I was able to get more features for less money then the Malibu.

I bought 2015 Fusion Se sports package Tuxedo black , black interior with red stitched seats. I know I made the right choice and am very happy.

Edited by boggs3010

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up my 2016 Fusion SE company car on Thursday, Oct 29 and took it home. The next morning I drove to the airport to fly to West Texas for a meeting and then flew back home the same day. My flight was delayed 5 hours because of bad weather and I didn't get out of the airport until 25 minutes after midnight. Ten minutes later, I was hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light as I was making a protected left turn. The drunk driver had previously hit another car just North of me and was fleeing when he ran the red light at my intersection and hit me. The drunk kept going and wrecked his car several hundred yards south of my location. Multiple witnesses told the police I was making a left turn with a protected green arrow when the drunk driver sped through the intersection and struck me. The drunk driver fled the scene but left his drunk, passed out buddy in the passenger seat. Turns out the drunk driver was an illegal alien, with expired insurance, and is more than likely already back in Mexico.

Four airbags deployed in the Fusion and I only sustained a scratch on my forehead, a bruise on my left shoulder and on my abdomen from the seatbelt, and two chemical burns on my forearm and my stomach from the airbags. I was going maybe 5 miles per hour when I started turning left, then I saw a flash of headlights and airbags. My 2016 Fusion SE was totaled.

The Fusion was pointed North when I started the turn and ended up pointing SSW after the crash. The drunk driver was likely going 65-75mph through the red light according to witnesses.

The crash could have been a lot worse, but the Fusion saved my life, or at least from sustaining life threatening injuries. I am flying to Houston tomorrow morning to pick up a another Fusion - a 2014 model with 26,000 miles that has been parked since one of my co-workers left the company a few months ago. I'm feeling pretty safe that I'm getting back in another Fusion. I had a Fusion in 2008-2012, then an Explorer until I ordered the 2016 Fusion which was delivered on Oct 22nd. I had the 2016 Fusion for 2 days when the drunk driver totaled it. It is now on its way to the salvage yard for auction with 63 miles on the odometer. It is not only a terrific looking vehicle, but a very SAFE one.

post-54435-0-90691000-1446426360_thumb.jpg

post-54435-0-80743600-1446426439_thumb.jpg

post-54435-0-01077600-1446426453_thumb.jpg

2016 Ford fusion 2

2016 Ford fusion

I picked up my 2016 Fusion AWD white titanium with the terracotta package, 19in wheels and tinted the windows on 10/3.. After driving a 2004, 2010 Sport Trac for the last 10 years I wasn't sure how or If I would like the Fusion. Wow I was wrong, I cant stop driving this car.. Drove it down to South Jersey a 2 hr ride I did it in 1 1/2 hr. Low road noise, great ride, and good handling. The speakers are great, and the Sync system is really good. At night the lights are good. So far I have put 1500 miles on her and love it. Very happy with my purchase.

Edited by cid424

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...