New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

So who are the other active members that have their '13 Fusion already? Looks like i can count on a hand. Me,

bobdivot, and hightyde !

Can add me to the roll.

Titanium AWD + navi in black, picked up last week in new jersey.

Not ordered, just went nearly insane looking for this car config over 2 months.

Will post my full review and buying experience as soon as I can, + pics

Edited by kki000
  • Like 1

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I love it.

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium

Ruby Red w/ black leather

Moonroof

Active park assist

Navigation

19" H-Spoke Dark stainless aluminum wheels

Driver assist package

Although I must say I wish I spent $2k on getting AWD instead of the electronic gadgets. So far I just don't find myself using the driver assist package much, and I haven't used active park assist once.

Moonroof and the 19" wheels were a must though, and I'm glad I got those.

Oh and I do have a slight problem with the passenger side sun visor rattling when I go over bumps. It's probably an easy fix but I haven't gotten around to it.

Edited by mb27
  • Like 1

Any driving impressions? Pics?

I love it. Car drives so smooth. I had a 2007 BMW 525i and I would almost put the handling up there with it. As far as the electric switch to gasoline, you can't really feel it. If the radio is down you can hear it a little but for the most part, you never notice it. I'll have to get some pics, dont have any right now.
  • Like 1

So who are the other active members that have their '13 Fusion already? Looks like i can count on a hand. Me,

bobdivot, and hightyde !

Add me - picked it up this afternoon.

Very impressed so far - but given that I've driven it a whole 30 miles - that doesn't mean much.

Serious driving tomorrow (70 mi one-way commute) - so I'll have real thoughts then.

• Like 2

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I love it.

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium

Ruby Red w/ black leather

Moonroof

Active park assist

Navigation

19" H-Spoke Dark stainless aluminum wheels

Driver assist package

Although I must say I wish I spent $2k on getting AWD instead of the electronic gadgets. So far I just don't find myself using the driver assist package much, and I haven't used active park assist once.

Moonroof and the 19" wheels were a must though, and I'm glad I got those.

Oh and I do have a slight problem with the passenger side sun visor rattling when I go over bumps. It's probably an easy fix but I haven't gotten around to it.

How does the forward sensing system work? Does it pick up low curbs and such or just highly visible objects? I don't need the active park assist but I like the idea of the sensors because prior to my two SUVS I had a car and was always getting too close to curbs in parking lots etc.

Some of you have commented on the wind buffeting. Many newer cars, with such tight alignment tolerances, buffet, even with just a window open. My 2009 Mazda 5 has to have at least 2 windows down or the buffeting smacks hard on your eardrums. It's quite annoying. My old 94 car doesn't suffer from such nuances, but alas, I hear a lot of road noise....sigh.

post-48947-0-23230100-1353513519_thumb.jpgpost-48947-0-56842900-1353513520_thumb.jpg

A couple of quick pics I took just to get them posted here.

Some comments quickly:

1 - fit and finish = spectacular. All fender/hood/trunklid gaps are good and even. No rattles or weird noises.

2 - pickup = nice. Very very slight delay when going from a standing start. Very slight impression of the turbo kicking in.

3 - ride = incredibly smooth and quiet.

4 - handling = very good on the highway - responds to inputs as expected.

I'll post a more detailed commentary when I get some time.

Thanks

• Like 2

Glad to hear more positive impressions, and I actually don't mind the pics with the standard Titanium rims (I have been very down on them for the most part).

P.S. I like the Penn State magnet on the truck too ;) lol

I have to admit that those rims don't look too bad. Maybe it's because it's on a silver car??? I still think the 18" luxury rims should have been an option for the Titanium Hybrid. If they were, I might have changed my order since I have been in TBD hell.

I have to admit that those rims don't look too bad. Maybe it's because it's on a silver car??? I still think the 18" luxury rims should have been an option for the Titanium Hybrid. If they were, I might have changed my order since I have been in TBD hell.

I agree with you on both points. I am wondering if they look better/best on a silver car (part of it could be that the sun is shining and they are clean too), and I would have paid extra for the luxury rims too if given a choice.

Edited by lmp180psu

Well I have close to a month under my belt with my new Tuxedo Black titanium AWD. Lots of things I like but also a few gripes.

Likes. Looks. The car looks amazing from almost any angle. The paint is amazing and has a noticeable sparkle in the sun. Comfortable and roomy. Sounds system is awesome. I love just putting my hand in the handle to open it. Handling is fantastic. I love the 19" wheels. Lots of convenient connection options for music and also like the dual 4" screens in the dash.

gripes. Disappoointing mileage. Getting around 19 mpg.I have a rattle in the right door. Bad ear killing vibrations if only a single window is open. Sounds possibly like air coming in even when all windows are closed. My touch has a mind of its own. After 5 years? cant believe there are still so many issues with sync. Its kinda slow, sometimes does not work at all, other times will change music inputs out of the blue and on its own. Restarted itself a couple times. VERY buggy. Needs to be more polished. Rear window seems to have a bad factory tint it looks bubbly. Waiting to have free time to bring to dealer to look at issues. Not a completely smooth start.

I'm starting to hate sync too. The touch screen is amazing because it controls all the important features from one screen. The screen itself is not like a touch phone, you have to press a little harder. That I can let slide.

I cannot let slide the slowness with voice commands and how it freezes the screen when I cancel from sync. I'm going to ask my b service dept for the latest software after I complain about that and Bluetooth so they can apply the patch.

It has so much potential!

I don't use sync that much, so overall the issues won't pop up that often for me. I do wish there was a way to upload destinations to it via my phone (Google maps)