New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

I have 1,600 miles on my 2013 FFH and couldn't be happier. I've had not issues with the MyFord Touch and Sync. I have it set so that the little lady speaks as little as possible. I do wish the beep you get when touching the screen was a little louder. I have found Engage gives me the best information on the left display. I have Audio info instead of the Green Leaves on the right display.

post-49037-0-68307200-1354231814_thumb.jpg

post-49037-0-55447700-1354231832_thumb.jpg

post-49037-0-70146100-1354231842_thumb.jpg

post-49037-0-61251700-1354231852_thumb.jpg

post-49037-0-98280300-1354231861_thumb.jpg

post-49037-0-11610400-1354231872_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have gotten used to the Direction Indicator lever but I have left my turn signal on accidentally more over the past three weeks than I have my entire life. I don't think that three flashes is enough for most lane changes. I want them to flash at least that many times before I make my move, and I like to keep them going while I'm changing lanes. Seven flashes would make me happy.

Things you should know:

You have to push on the fuel filler door to open it.

Just about every feature, like door locks, can be set to your own preference.

The owner's manual for the Hybrid is very user unfriendly. The index is almost useless, along with the cross references inside. It's still good to read most of it, however.

I have gotten used to the Direction Indicator lever but I have left my turn signal on accidentally more over the past three weeks than I have my entire life. I don't think that three flashes is enough for most lane changes. I want them to flash at least that many times before I make my move, and I like to keep them going while I'm changing lanes. Seven flashes would make me happy.

Things you should know:

You have to push on the fuel filler door to open it.

Just about every feature, like door locks, can be set to your own preference.

The owner's manual for the Hybrid is very user unfriendly. The index is almost useless, along with the cross references inside. It's still good to read most of it, however.

I completely agree with three blinks being too little. I drove a rental focus with that as my first exposure to it and when I used it, I felt like I had to make an emergency lane change to do it within three blinks. Seven sounds pretty good to me, but these days it seems like nobody uses a blinker at all anyway. It drives me nuts.

If three flashes are not enough, you can 'press and hold' the turn signal lever half way down for as long as you want it to flash. As soon as you release the lever, the turn signal will quit flashing.

Here is a feature I find useful regarding the high/low beam selection: To activate high beams, press the lever forward. To return to low beams, pull the lever back OR push it forward again. I find it much quicker to push the lever forward when dimming the lights for an oncoming car. This comes in very handy on the winding, hilly country roads I drive.

Edited by Mike JL

Rats. I was hoping they'd fixed that in the 2013 Fusion. I much prefer having a lever that toggles when you pull it. Pull it for brights, pull it again for dim. My Lincoln LS worked that way. I don't like pushing the stalk away with the back of my hand and then having to take my hand off the wheel to pull it back.

If three flashes are not enough, you can 'press and hold' the turn signal lever half way down for as long as you want it to flash. As soon as you release the lever, the turn signal will quit flashing.

Here is a feature I find useful regarding the high/low beam selection: To activate high beams, press the lever forward. To return to low beams, pull the lever back OR push it forward again. I find it much quicker to push the lever forward when dimming the lights for an oncoming car. This comes in very handy on the winding, hilly country roads I drive.

I'd be much happier if I could lightly touch the lever and get seven flashes and be able to forget about it. I'll rarely, if ever, use the three flash option. It took a while to get used to the lever forward for high beam but it is nice that pushing the lever forward also turns them off. That way forward is the only motion I use and I don't have to think about it now.

I'd be much happier if I could lightly touch the lever and get seven flashes and be able to forget about it.

This isn't intended to be a "I need to change lanes please let me in" signal. If that's what you need just use the normal signal. This is a "I've already determined that it's safe and I'm starting to change lanes." 3 seems perfect for that to me.

• Like 1

That's my point. It should blink three times "before" you start switching. I keep my on until I'm about 70% into the other lane. Seven flashes covers that entire time. It's just my personal preference since I always like to give the people behind me aa much "info" as I can.

• Like 1

That's my point. It should blink three times "before" you start switching. I keep my on until I'm about 70% into the other lane. Seven flashes covers that entire time. It's just my personal preference since I always like to give the people behind me aa much "info" as I can.

So, as with most cars, just hold it there til you want it to stop or click fully & then release it manually. At least Ford is giving

you another option. They can't please everyone. I like the 3 blinks, if I need more I'll figure it out.

First Impression: :hyper: :hyper:

Gotta wait until there's some decent light; and I will try and get some good photos of the car.

So far, I am honestly in love with everything about it. Only minor thing I noticed first, the step out is a little longer than you think, so you have to watch not to scuff your rocker panel on the way out. I'll do a more in depth review once I've had the car for about a week or so.

Edited by -Strike-

So, I took a few more pics of mine after getting the tint done and I edited one of them to a b&W photo to show how classically timeless the car's design is...

Driver's side rear 3/4 view...facing the sun...

8235173917_b6d3f73749.jpg

image by texastenor, on Flickr

Full side view, driver's side...seeing this makes me think about a drop kit...only an inch or so...hmmm

8235173965_a4c64997d0.jpg

Front end, passenger's side...so sexy and sleek, yet aggressive in a very refined way

8235174135_1017a04b6d.jpg

And finally, the b&w version...front 3/4 view from down low...gotta keep pinching myself to remind me I'm not dreaming

8241671512_343e7031c4.jpg

Hope this helps those who are still waiting get a better feel for what they have in store for them.

Btw, on the topic of the blinker...if you don't like the 3 blinks, you can still use it just like any other car by simply holding it a half travel while you are executing the lane change and then releasing once you are done. The momentary press simply provides another option which I don't see as a drawback.

Cheers!

• Like 3