MFT Update 3.5.1

Escapism

It's 3.5.1 on the update site. I was able to successfully install and report the installation. In case anyone else wants to try it this way, I started the installation while in park, then when it was underway I went to lunch and ran errands, locking the Escape while leaving it running when necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the dealer today with a laundry list of items including the magical disappearing active+fixed guidelines for the rear view camera. Is also happing on my parents 2013 Escape that was just built a few weeks ago and came from the factory with 3.5.1.

Of course no solution except to email Ford, and I don't blame the dealers, I blame Ford for continuing to release shoddy software. Fix a few things, break a few things, repeat. So frustrating.

Went to the dealer today with a laundry list of items including the magical disappearing active+fixed guidelines for the rear view camera. Is also happing on my parents 2013 Escape that was just built a few weeks ago and came from the factory with 3.5.1.

1. Yep, mine's doing it. (3.5.1. upgrade 2 weeks ago)

2. Anyone find a pattern yet?

• 4 weeks later...
May be a coincidence, but since I did the MFT update, the one-touch feature on my front windows doesn't work. lol I have to hold the button down like those old fashion cars :)

Only on the front windows, back are still one-touch... weird!

Hey, I just signed up for this site to answer your query. Dunno if you have already addressed this, but I had an issue like this happen with my 2012 Focus a little while ago (for a different reason) and my service guy taught me how to fix it. It's pretty simple. Basically, the process is this:

1. Start with your windows closed.
  2. Lower your windows and continue to hold the buttons down for 10 continuous seconds AFTER they have reached the bottom (since you might count fast, as I did the first time I tried it, I would just go to 15 or 20 to make sure).
  3. Do the same for rolling up the windows (roll up then continue to hold up for 10 full seconds after they have reached the top).

After you have done that, they should be back to normal and will one-touch roll-up and -down like a boss (I'm 90% certain that the proper order is down-then-up, but it might be up-then-down. Try both). 8^)

Note: if you ever run your battery completely down or disconnect it or something, you're probably going to have to do this procedure again to reset the one-touch function of the windows.

As for the driving/not driving while installing debate (which may have been resolved already), Step 1 on the My Ford Touch "How To Install Sync..." page offers this (bold is mine):

"Start your vehicle. You will need to leave the engine running for the entirety of the installation process. You can drive your vehicle during this process without interrupting the software update, or you can simply leave the vehicle running and parked in a safe place. (Please do not leave your vehicle unattended.)

Turn on the audio system and set your audio volume at a low but audible level."

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/install-updates-sync-myford-touch

I'm not advocating either way. Just received my A4 SD Card from Fed Ex today, so will be updating later this evening -- and plan to leave it in Park throughout the process. But in case anyone's wondering where that originated...

I ordered my SD card last night at about 7 pm mountain time off the syncmyride website. It arrived via Fedex TODAY, I was shocked. Updated to 3.5.1 tonight. We will see how it works tomorrow.

Good luck i hear everyone is having problems with this. I ordered mine and got it in the FEDEX mail too this week but I am hesistant with all the issues everyone is having. My only problem with 3.2 is it becomes laggy and the GPS at least once a month cuts out on me with a RED X. Other than that it does its normal everyday functions.

Good luck i hear everyone is having problems with this. I ordered mine and got it in the FEDEX mail too this week but I am hesistant with all the issues everyone is having. My only problem with 3.2 is it becomes laggy and the GPS at least once a month cuts out on me with a RED X. Other than that it does its normal everyday functions.

Not everyone - I've had absolutely no issues with my 3.5.1.

I should have left well enough alone! Only had the update 3 days and have had more problems in these 3 days than I had in 4 months with 3.2.2.

Same here..lol.. At the dealer today because of MFT shutting down twice in the last week. New APIM on order. Does anyone know if this will involve removing the dash? :banghead:

I received the letter about Ford extending the warranty on the Accessory Protocal Interface Module for a total of 5 years. I updated our Escape Titanium without the Nav package about two weeks ago and everything is working smooth so far. No clock issues, no issues with the presets not showing the stations, and no freezing screen issues. I will keep my fingers crossed.