Production 2015 Mustang nose spotted testing

2015-ford-mustang-spy.jpg

Big things are headed your way, Mustang fans. Ford's iconic coupe is destined to get a modern dose of styling, based on the bodywork that graced the Evos concept car in 2011, to go along with its long-awaited independent rear suspension.

Hallelujah.

A new set of spy photos indicates that Ford is well into the development of the 2015 Mustang. Based on what little we can see underneath all that thick black camouflage, the new face really does share DNA with the Evos, not to mention the latest Ford Fusion, due in part to the shape of its grille.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/15/2015-ford-mustang-mule-spotted-with-production-nose/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Only comment I can say based on that front clip, I sure hope the headlights aren't where those flap openings are. Of course the camo and padding may be playing tricks with my eyes, but those headlight slots don't appear to be in the best location IMO. Otherwise not much to see here.

Edited by V8-X

Only comment I can say based on that front clip, I sure hope the headlights aren't where those flap openings are. Of course the camo and padding may be playing tricks with my eyes, but those headlight slots don't appear to be in the best location IMO. Otherwise not much to see here.

Your headlights don't point to the side?

Edited by akirby

Your headlights don't point to the side?

Uh, yeah. But if you notice those headlight/sidemarker slots do wrap around the front clip, which would be pointing forward. The camo makes it seem the headlights are either too low or awkwardly placed giving it a goofy appearance.

Edited by V8-X

Headlight holes in camo seem to be a little low, but otherwise similar to EVOS...

ford-evos-concept-630.jpg

April 17, 2014

I thought it was March 26th, 2014. Where did you get this information? Was there a supplier problem? Maybe there's a plant problem. Is that before or after the New York Auto Show? Are they going to show it at Detroit? Why are they waiting so long after the Detroit auto show? Won't that make the 2014 model a short run? What will that do to the 2014 resale value in 2017? What's the recommended PSI for the optional 18" 5 spoke wheels?

• Like 2

I thought it was March 26th, 2014. Where did you get this information? Was there a supplier problem? Maybe there's a plant problem. Is that before or after the New York Auto Show? Are they going to show it at Detroit? Why are they waiting so long after the Detroit auto show? Won't that make the 2014 model a short run? What will that do to the 2014 resale value in 2017? What's the recommended PSI for the optional 18" 5 spoke wheels?

African or European?

• Like 4

That's why it's called Camo. If they wanted you to see exactly what the lights looked like they would just leave off the camo altogether.

Really??? You don't say, or maybe it's because I already said that in my original post.

Of course the camo and padding may be playing tricks with my eyes

maybe it's because I already said that in my original post.

No, you said maybe your eyes were playing tricks on you implying the lights really did line up where you expected them. I was pointing out that the light cutouts in the camo aren't supposed to line up with the actual lights exactly - that's the point of camouflage.

The door fuel fill panel looks wacked out...it sticks out at least 2-3 inches more then on the current car!

Yeah, that thing still puzzles me. I guess the comment about the new track being a couple inches wider necessitating the need to move the fuel door out is the best explanation I've seen, but why not just cut the nozzle shorter or something? It's just....strange.