POLL: should Kzinti be 'official Ford service'

ford4v429

Kzinti  

201 members have voted

1. 1. whats everyones opinion on Kzinti's order tracking help?

• BEST thing out there- Ford should back him 100%!
    • helpful, but I'm not really worried about my ordered car
    • whats a Kzinti?
    • if dealer cant help, nobody should- customers dont need to know status...

come on Ford buyers- who helped you track your car- and did you appreciate it?

lets pester Ford to get Kzinti the recognition he deserves- this is the way of the future- Ford needs to take the lead or be prepared to follow- surely other auto manufacturers have heard about this guy and how much customers appreciate not being left in the dark.

EDIT- FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW ABOUT KZINTI- HERES A TYPICAL POST(note- the 1FAF vins are for GT40's) :

CHP2150 - System says your railcar arrived in Moberly Missouri this afternoon about 12:40!

ETTX710292

Curley - Plant said that your pony shipped out 5/11!

1ZVHT82H065234515

tanda_us - Looks like you've got Blend! Here is your window sticker!

1FAFP90S86Y401369

Receipt Date: 3/6/2006

Serialize Date: 4/18/2006

Segment Date: 5/3/2006

Sequence Date: 5/5/2006

Blend Date: 5/11/2006

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Blitz - As of this afternoon, there has been no word regarding production holds and delays. Hope to hear something next week, will pass it along as soon as I hear.

1ZVHT82H375196005

Receipt Date: 3/20/2006

Serialize Date: 4/13/2006

Segment Date: 4/28/2006

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

06stangGT - No pony yet... Will check on it tomorrow in case it comes through tonight.

1ZVHT82H765252574

Receipt Date: 3/23/2006

Serialize Date: 3/27/2006

Segment Date: 3/27/2006

Sequence Date: 4/26/2006

Blend Date: 5/5/2006

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Dracos69 - You've got Sequence!

1ZVHT82H865261302

Receipt Date: 3/10/2006

Serialize Date: 4/4/2006

Segment Date: 4/11/2006

Sequence Date: 5/10/2006

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

06GT_Vert - Showing that railcar reported empty in Chicago Illinois this afternoon about 11:38!

1ZVFT85HX65243466

ETTX850143

anthony_b - You got Sequenced!

1ZVFT85HX65266326

Receipt Date: 4/11/2006

Serialize Date: 4/11/2006

Segment Date: 4/12/2006

Sequence Date: 5/10/2006

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

wmwfr - No pony coming down the line yet...

1ZVHT82HX65252598

Receipt Date: 3/22/2006

Serialize Date: 3/27/2006

Segment Date: 3/27/2006

Sequence Date: 4/26/2006

Blend Date: 5/4/2006

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

slaphappy - Showing you produced but not shipped yet...Sent a request to the plant for a shipping update.

1FAFP90S46Y400994

Receipt Date: 12/8/2005

Serialize Date: 2/16/2006

Segment Date: 3/14/2006

Sequence Date: 3/15/2006

Blend Date: 3/20/2006

Produced Date: 4/11/2006

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

KJD - Not sure on the shipping, because those are sent out on private shippers, via flatbed secure shipping. You have Blend date!

1FAFP90S36Y401537

Receipt Date: 4/21/2006

Serialize Date: 4/21/2006

Segment Date: 5/3/2006

Sequence Date: 5/5/2006

Blend Date: 5/11/2006

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Edited by ford4v429

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on Ford buyers- who helped you track your car- and did you appreciate it?

lets pester Ford to get Kzinti the recognition he deserves- this is the way of the future- Ford needs to take the lead or be prepared to follow- surely other auto manufacturers have heard about this guy and how much customers appreciate not being left in the dark.

I agree that Kzinti provides a great service to us, the buying public. The powers that be would probably write him up for improper use of company resources.

I too work for a global corporation and see writing on the wall that corporate greed is running the business into the ground. The people I almost feel sorry for is the first level supervisors. With no union protection, they are among the first to be cut out of bonuses and out of a job.

Sorry, rant stops here.

I think Ford should take what Kziniti is doing one step further. If you go to Ford's website to look at a car you want to buy (I think I might have been here just a few times) http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/

There's tabs for, "get a price quote," "build and price your ford," "locate a dealer," "search dealer inventory," all are designed to sell a car.

Why not add "BUY Your Ford"

It doesn't take much more than adding a tab on their website to improve customer service, lower inventory, and make their product more accessible to customers. Come on Ford, I know you've been trying to do something like this with your internet coupons. Just put the damn tab on your website already.

This is how I would do it. First, you need to be sure that someone is really buying a car, and the customer needs to be sure he/she is getting a car. Take a deposit via credit card (I had to give $500 for ordering my Mustang). Have the customer enter his/her information, name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc. Next, have the customer enter his/her social security number so a credit check can be done to see if he/she would be approved for financing. Unless the customer is paying it all at once, then this can be skipped. Also, I'd only do the credit check until the deposit has been taken. This would avoid people using the site just to see if they could be approved for a car, unless they are willing to part with $500 for it. Next, mail out a letter to the address to confirm the order. Inform the dealership closest to the customer of the order. If the customer does not get approved for financing, the dealer can try to sell him/her a used car or a car of lesser value (you have someone that wants to buy a car, don't let them spend their money else where). Next have an option that says something like, would you like your order to be confirmed via US mail to the address you previously entered, or at your local dealership. As soon as the order gets verified, it gets a VIN and Serialized. The order gets built based on availability, not allocation. After all these cars are already sold. Kzinti would know best what to do from here, because he's done a wonderful job at it already! The window sticker, I love that. Its hanging up on my wall right now :) If possible maybe add a pic of it getting built, that would be a nice touch. I guess this should go back up towards the beginning, but as for the price to charge this way, I don't know. This is the first car I've ever bought, I'm paying $200 under sticker plus a $500 student discount (I'm an MBA student, so this should be good adivce), it'd be nice to get that keep it simple no tags too, but we'll find out next week (I hope). Anyways you want people to do this b/c it saves Ford money, but you can't just give the car away. $500 over invoice, I don't know someone else would be better at making this call than me. Anyways, Kzinti is so good he can probably inform the customer that his/her car should arrive at the dealership Tuesday at 5:00 depending on traffic :D The car gets dropped off at the closest dealership, and the dealership gets some of the profits for using a parking spot for a few hours and filling out some paper work.

Lower inventory. Benefits - saves a ton of money, customers get exactly what they want. Disadvantages - people are still going to want to buy a car the same day they go to the dealership, some cutomers will not trust the internet (there are ways around that, but it won't work for everyone).

Take a look at Dell. It's probably nice to have an expensive product sold before its built.

Improving customer satisfaction and making cares more accessible to customers: The benefits are a given, and it's pretty hard to come up with a disadvantage.

Edited by Rugged's Mustang

I feel that Ford should pay more attention to the people who are buying Mustangs at this time with no incentives. I have owned many Mustangs and Fords over the years and what I see and hear is the new Mustang is the best ever. Hope so because my ‘06 GT will be here next week.

I do know that Ford has heard us before, look back when they wanted to kill the Mustang and bring it back as a FWD!! Thank God that didn’t happen. We need more people like Kzinti and his co-workers, they know that a happy customer will come back and buy again. I do appreciate Ford helping with MCA and other Mustang club’s; Ford has learned that when you have a Mustang you drive other Fords. Most of our members can attest to that. My new Mustang will be added to our 64 ½ Coupe, ’69 Sportsroof, & ’89 GT Convertible. Also currently own:’23 “Tâ€, ’91 Explorer (Bought new, selling to make room), ’99 Taurus, and 01 F150 Supercrew 4X4 (Bought new). I have been lucky to have good dealerships and people like Kzinti to work with. To all Ford employees: Thank you for a great product made in USA!.

Dan

President

Golden Hills Mustang Club

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't have him track a car...'cause mine was long ago delivered. He did get me some info on her that I cannot describe how much I appreciated though. Since my Stang is anything but a DD, any info is golden-and finding someone who's willing to help :bowdown: Ford should be so lucky to have a great guy like him that helps "polish the blue oval" (a Marketing guy once used those words while addressing a Stang owners group I am part of). Keeping a connection like that with customers that feel thier vehicle is more than a ride form a to b is priceless!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thats not all he polishes. :happy feet:

I would say Ford needs all the promo work it can get anymore. The company has a justifiable bad reputation on how it treats its customers. I have not owned a Ford other than my 04 week end GT Conv. since 1985 and probably won't but every once and awhile someone like this comes along and renews my hope. Ford marketing people miss the mark on so much but they do all have Degrees I expect, just no ears. By the way I am not nocking Degrees I have one just the way some people don't use their learnings

The way Ford is I'm surprised Kzinti hasn't been fired.

Haha, a knob or two?

Well lets just say one of the lowest senortiy in his classification, but seems to do more on this website than on the jobsite. Most of his posts are done on company time, with company computers, while his fellow skilledtrades are running shorthanded on the floor. Unoin brother my ass!

Well lets just say one of the lowest senortiy in his classification, but seems to do more on this website than on the jobsite. Most of his posts are done on company time, with company computers, while his fellow skilledtrades are running shorthanded on the floor. Unoin brother my ass!

If only you could take all that bitterness and hatred and make something useful out of it. All I can say is that if it affects your life so negatively, why have you never come over and talked with me about it? Everything doesn't have to have some negative aspect as you portray. Perhaps, if you'd feel more comfortable, we could sit down with the Committeman and/or the Bargaining Chairman and address all of your concerns.

If only you could take all that bitterness and hatred and make something useful out of it. All I can say is that if it affects your life so negatively, why have you never come over and talked with me about it? Everything doesn't have to have some negative aspect as you portray. Perhaps, if you'd feel more comfortable, we could sit down with the Committeman and/or the Bargaining Chairman and address all of your concerns.

Bitterness? negative? hatred? Maybe you should reread the post, factual informative and true, don't take it personal just what most of your peers see in you. Interesting that all the times you talk about " I can't say because of the union, well because of the union" now you want to have a sitdown with some repensentation? I must say you are more amazing than I thought, now please pull your head out of your ass and realize that you are not the man you think you are in the eyes of your peers. I do remember some bashing going on last summer on this website about them, remember? Too bad they are cutting back in managment because you seem to be able to talk out of both sides of your mouth very well.

Bitterness? negative? hatred? Maybe you should reread the post, factual informative and true, don't take it personal just what most of your peers see in you. Interesting that all the times you talk about " I can't say because of the union, well because of the union" now you want to have a sitdown with some repensentation? I must say you are more amazing than I thought, now please pull your head out of your ass and realize that you are not the man you think you are in the eyes of your peers. I do remember some bashing going on last summer on this website about them, remember? Too bad they are cutting back in managment because you seem to be able to talk out of both sides of your mouth very well.

I just can't express how sorry I feel for you. Just about every post you make has some element of sarcasm, bitterness or negativity in it. As for my job, I do as most everyone else does. I come to work, am given assignments, and do my best to make sure they are successfully completed. I am just not sure what part of that you have difficulty with. As for the the Local, we have a sort of agreement about things, and we do talk from time to time about them. They know I am very outspoken, and I know they don't want a lot of headaches, considering what happened because of some of my other posts. I never deny authorship of what I write, ask anyone who ever came to see me about them. I am not here for a poularity contest, I am here to do a job, successfully, and move on to the next. The offer is still on the table if you want to come talk.

just gotta say, In the eyes of a lot of ford buyers, Kzinti has become kinda a folk hero- if Fords customer service were capable, we never would have heard of him...however, the customer service is badly flawed, and I bet he has saved more sales, and more so FUTURE buyers that woulda never returned had it not been for him helping them find out where exactly their car or truck was at that they were about to spend a years salary on...while most of his help might have been towards the Mustang buyers, Ive also seen posts on trucks/fusions...Fords got a customer support problem, wether they realize it or not, and I know I for one am stubborn enough, that had I had to deal with CRC I never woulda bought another Ford...Ive read NADA/Dealer franchise rules put assinine barriers up, but still- the customer support (lack thereof) is a big reason the US auto industry is hurting. When spending what can amount to annual wages on a product, I really think we all deserve some real communication. Ford/dealer/NADAA/whatever...Kzinti has taken the time to skip around the bullshit and tell us whats going on with our major purchase.

Betcha every single buyer that got help from Kzinti wont be afraid of big bad Ford next time its time to replace a car- if he werent here, well, we all too well know how great the dealer info/CRC support is...Ford(and all of their employees) will be seeing sales years down the road from his efforts. Not trying to point to anyone in particular, but EVERYONE at Ford needs to ask themselves: how many people buying your products have you helped out?

Building great products and treating customers decent are equally important for Fords survival. One of the many problems facing ford right now- and one thats going to be difficult to fix- is defining the 'customer'. Ford really needs to get a buyers forum like Kzinti has built up in their sales brochures, and get him involved 'officially' at what always should have been a Ford service...Ive said it before- lead or follow, this is going to be the way- I just hope Ford gets 'official' first, instead of shrugging this off to a bunch of whiny buyers while surely toyoduh or GM or someone else starts advertising this great 'customer involvement' idea, taking away even more potential whiny buyers asking 'why didnt ford do that...'

I just can't express how sorry I feel for you. Just about every post you make has some element of sarcasm, bitterness or negativity in it. As for my job, I do as most everyone else does. I come to work, am given assignments, and do my best to make sure they are successfully completed. I am just not sure what part of that you have difficulty with. As for the the Local, we have a sort of agreement about things, and we do talk from time to time about them. They know I am very outspoken, and I know they don't want a lot of headaches, considering what happened because of some of my other posts. I never deny authorship of what I write, ask anyone who ever came to see me about them. I am not here for a poularity contest, I am here to do a job, successfully, and move on to the next. The offer is still on the table if you want to come talk.

What is your job? I have forgotten your job title. By the way don't feel sorry for me because the sarcasm, bitterness and negativity has not overtaken me quite like you think. When I think that I would like to have you work next to me and put my trust in you as a partner then maybe I would change my mind. But your "outspokeness" is why I will not nor would not trust you to be such. If the dog bites you once damn the dog, if the dog bites you twice damn you. Besides having an agreement with the union would make you just a little different than your peers. Sorry offer denied.

just gotta say, In the eyes of a lot of ford buyers, Kzinti has become kinda a folk hero- if Fords customer service were capable, we never would have heard of him...however, the customer service is badly flawed, and I bet he has saved more sales, and more so FUTURE buyers that woulda never returned had it not been for him helping them find out where exactly their car or truck was at that they were about to spend a years salary on...while most of his help might have been towards the Mustang buyers, Ive also seen posts on trucks/fusions...Fords got a customer support problem, wether they realize it or not, and I know I for one am stubborn enough, that had I had to deal with CRC I never woulda bought another Ford...Ive read NADA/Dealer franchise rules put assinine barriers up, but still- the customer support (lack thereof) is a big reason the US auto industry is hurting. When spending what can amount to annual wages on a product, I really think we all deserve some real communication. Ford/dealer/NADAA/whatever...Kzinti has taken the time to skip around the bullshit and tell us whats going on with our major purchase.

Betcha every single buyer that got help from Kzinti wont be afraid of big bad Ford next time its time to replace a car- if he werent here, well, we all too well know how great the dealer info/CRC support is...Ford(and all of their employees) will be seeing sales years down the road from his efforts. Not trying to point to anyone in particular, but EVERYONE at Ford needs to ask themselves: how many people buying your products have you helped out?

Building great products and treating customers decent are equally important for Fords survival. One of the many problems facing ford right now- and one thats going to be difficult to fix- is defining the 'customer'. Ford really needs to get a buyers forum like Kzinti has built up in their sales brochures, and get him involved 'officially' at what always should have been a Ford service...Ive said it before- lead or follow, this is going to be the way- I just hope Ford gets 'official' first, instead of shrugging this off to a bunch of whiny buyers while surely toyoduh or GM or someone else starts advertising this great 'customer involvement' idea, taking away even more potential whiny buyers asking 'why didnt ford do that...'

It's not what he is doing for Joe public, it's what he is not doing for his coworkers. I sure you don't mind you coworker doing other work while you pick up the slack for him do you? Notice most of us at ford post on our own time not the company's, that's not what they pay me OR Kzinti to do, infact most could get disaplined for the same thing. Kinda like blogging company biz.

I sure you don't mind you coworker doing other work while you pick up the slack for him do you?

That would depend if what he was doing was helping the company some way...I think just about everywhere has their share of 'half the day playing solitaire' type of folks that are helping noone at all, and I think thats a lot different than trying to help customers

That would depend if what he was doing was helping the company some way...I think just about everywhere has their share of 'half the day playing solitaire' type of folks that are helping noone at all, and I think thats a lot different than trying to help customers

There is nothing 1 person can do that will save this company, Kzinti included. What he is doing for people is fine, people are happy and he makes Ford look good on this website. All that said are you to believe that someone would buy a Ford based on this....no, in fact all of these people have already purchased a car and the dealership is not doing thier job that K is doing for them. Every Ford a have bought, my dealer called me and told me any and all the info that K posts for these people, in otherwords the info is on Ford's intranet. If i toke any other info off the intranet and posted it here some may think that I was trying to do damage to this company, would my job be in jeaprdy? Either way it is Ford's info and they have the last say.

As for the"half the day" people most skilled trades fall into this catagory why? because we are like the fire department, hang out until the fire comes. But when the fire does come, that job comes first and foremost, not hanging back to let someone else take care of it. I have had chances for some of the political jobs in our plant, even done a few, but when it comes down to it,my job on the floor to keep the place running comes first. Without the line running, no jobs being built means K's computer time means nothing, exspecially profits in Ford's pocket.

There is nothing 1 person can do that will save this company, Kzinti included. What he is doing for people is fine, people are happy and he makes Ford look good on this website. All that said are you to believe that someone would buy a Ford based on this....no, in fact all of these people have already purchased a car and the dealership is not doing thier job that K is doing for them. Every Ford a have bought, my dealer called me and told me any and all the info that K posts for these people, in otherwords the info is on Ford's intranet. If i toke any other info off the intranet and posted it here some may think that I was trying to do damage to this company, would my job be in jeaprdy? Either way it is Ford's info and they have the last say.

As for the"half the day" people most skilled trades fall into this catagory why? because we are like the fire department, hang out until the fire comes. But when the fire does come, that job comes first and foremost, not hanging back to let someone else take care of it. I have had chances for some of the political jobs in our plant, even done a few, but when it comes down to it,my job on the floor to keep the place running comes first. Without the line running, no jobs being built means K's computer time means nothing, exspecially profits in Ford's pocket.

Hey SWF,

A couple of observations and my personal experience here on all your responses and rants noted above as it relates to corporate America and where Kzinti falls. It DOES starts w/ one person and if gets contagious it makes the company that much better then the competition that does not. I have managed your type and you fall in to the union bitch category. "Always a problem, never a solution" except to suck off the system as in doing your job when "you have to" and no more, hitting all your 10 minute breaks, "lining up at the clock" to run to your car and bitching at the lower senority people who either do more or do miss their breaks to sometime finish the job so its done right.

If you put as much energy into your own personal build quality and you put that effort into every Ford vehicle you touch as you do in bitching at commander K in this post then customers like me would not have waited for twenty-eight years to buy another Ford as I did a month ago. Quality talks and you know what walks! This person is the out-front person for people like me who abandoned Ford a long time ago due to piss-poor quality and I have been w/ Honda until now and no my dealer (fleet manager) did not stay out in front on this factory-delivery info to me like Kzinti has. Continue living in your sour-grape mode as it applies to your peers, wait for the check and retire and fade into the sunset some day. If Ford has more people like this person on all front lines when I visit them for maintenance and/or problems in the future, I will tell you I will be back for more Ford products in the future and if not, this Mustang GT is the last I will ever buy! Be happy since we the customer will either continue to buy your product which will pay for your salary and pension or you can go the way of the following in Chapter 11 in your business (Dana joins Delphi Corp., the largest U.S. parts maker, Tower Automotive and Collins & Aikman in bankruptcy protection. Visteon Corp., the No. 2 parts maker, has said it plans to close and sell factories) and suffer the consequences. Your call.

Edited by karalm

Hey SWF,

A couple of observations and my personal experience here on all your responses and rants noted above as it relates to corporate America and where Kzinti falls. It DOES starts w/ one person and if gets contagious it makes the company that much better then the competition that does not. I have managed your type and you fall in to the union bitch category. "Always a problem, never a solution" except to suck off the system as in doing your job when "you have to" and no more, hitting all your 10 minute breaks, "lining up at the clock" to run to your car and bitching at the lower senority people who either do more or do miss their breaks to sometime finish the job so its done right.

If you put as much energy into your own personal build quality and you put that effort into every Ford vehicle you touch as you do in bitching at commander K in this post then customers like me would not have waited for twenty-eight years to buy another Ford as I did a month ago. Quality talks and you know what walks! This person is the out-front person for people like me who abandoned Ford a long time ago due to piss-poor quality and I have been w/ Honda until now and no my dealer (fleet manager) did not stay out in front on this factory-delivery info to me like Kzinti has. Continue living in your sour-grape mode as it applies to your peers, wait for the check and retire and fade into the sunset some day. If Ford has more people like this person on all front lines when I visit them for maintenance and/or problems in the future, I will tell you I will be back for more Ford products in the future and if not, this Mustang GT is the last I will ever buy! Be happy since we the customer will either continue to buy your product which will pay for your salary and pension or you can go the way of the following in Chapter 11 in your business (Dana joins Delphi Corp., the largest U.S. parts maker, Tower Automotive and Collins & Aikman in bankruptcy protection. Visteon Corp., the No. 2 parts maker, has said it plans to close and sell factories) and suffer the consequences. Your call.

Lets start with you have managed my type, because I have been managed by your type. I am a skilled tradesman that the biggest thing that we do on the job is find the solution, not be the problem. Union bitch cataegory... We have a severe problem in our plant right now fighting to keep numbers of trades, meaning the company does not cover a man off when he is not working for what ever reason. This means that they think that everybody else needs to pick up the slack. Do you think that is good for quality? when it takes longer to get something running do to lack of help that is counterproductive. Do you think K. helping you instead of his peers on company time is the right way of doing biz? Do you manage worker that you know what they are doing are do you just use people skills? We do not get breaks nor do we clock in or out so no lining up here.I never leave a job for someone else to finish unless Ford has not supplied the parts to complete it, because you see I want the respect of my peers by showing them I am more that capable no matter what my senority is.

Have you come to understand that I nor K. touch any of the vehicles that are built at Ford? What he has done for you and others is great but at who's expence? I m sorry that the company has yet to figure out what he is doing, to let everyone who buys a Ford have the same info. Hell you should be able to go to Ford.com and go to track my car, enter your VIN and get what he is telling you, no brainer huh? As much reading and talking I have done about Ford just as much of the problems with this company are right in the dealerships themselves. Bad customer service is just about as much of a backbreaker as poor quality. I hope all goes well for you with your pony, quality is there and your dealer takes care of every problem that may occur, because believe it or not this company is important to me and my family.

• 1 month later...

They seem to have muzzled him . What a loss. He kept me sane recently during my eleven week wait for my Mustang.

Attention Ford Upper Management: If any of you monitor these forums, wake up and don't deny your customers what they deserve; timely accurate info in exchange for buying your product !!

They seem to have muzzled him . What a loss. He kept me sane recently during my eleven week wait for my Mustang.

Attention Ford Upper Management: If any of you monitor these forums, wake up and don't deny your customers what they deserve; timely accurate info in exchange for buying your product !!

I think he muzzled himself by not taking care of his JOB first. When you ignore the important stuff like that you lay it on the line. I would love to see Ford have an easy way to do what he has done for people and have heard that they do. I have yet to check it out but at Ford.com go to my Ford and it will give out the info just not in as much detail, I was told.

I have yet to check it out but at Ford.com go to my Ford and it will give out the info just not in as much detail, I was told.

I went there and had to register. There's not even an option to choose a 2007 model Mustang. So I chose a 2006.

Nothing on the myford site that I saw that gives you any information on an order waiting to be built. It all assumes that you already own and have your car.

Ditto on the comments above. A car purchase is typically the 2nd largest purchase anyone makes. Companies that invest in world class manufacturing and world class customer service will always come out on top. Consumers want quality products and the best support possible. They also don't want to be B.S.'d in the process.

I originally ordered a fully decked Mustang in early March. Needless to say, I dealt with one of the less reputable dealers that Ford authorizes. 58 days into the order, the dealer tells me that I have to move to a 07 or cancel the order. They reset my order to an 07 and I come to find out that Ford never received the order, 67 days after I initially made the deposit via credit card. Fortunately, I'm a pretty strong customer with the credit card company and I was able to bypass their 60 policy on disputes and I am getting my deposit back. The dealer was definately playing me for my deposit. BTW, I'm not finished with this guy. The attorney general in my state is conducting an investigation on this guy and has been collecting consumer complaints for a case to be filed soon.

Had it not been for Kzinti, I'd be out $3k of deposit money. Instead, I found a reputable dealer, placed a new order with them and am now in the queue for my 07 GT/CS. My new order will come in around $33k or so. What I found out via this site and Kzinti's efforts, I'd be out of the $3k and be waiting for that Camaro or Challenger in 08!!! So, is his service and support worth something to Ford and the workers at Ford???? ABSOLUTELY!!!

You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee!! :finger: If you want to hold on to exist as a company, it's not all about great products, you have to have great support for those products!!!! Great job, Kzinti!!! I'm behind you 110%!

PS

Ford management - your dealer network sucks!!! Clean it up! :titanic:

Every Ford a have bought, my dealer called me and told me any and all the info that K posts for these people, in otherwords the info is on Ford's intranet.

The '07 GT vert that I have on order will be my fourth new V-8 mustang in a row and I have NEVER gotten anywhere near the kind of individual attention and customer support that Kzinti provided. I really like my dealer, but they're frankly operating in the dark ages. I asked them to make a change to my order a few weeks ago; they assured me it was done. Guess what? It wasn't, and if it weren't for Kzinti, I wouldn't have known. The dealers just don't know how to access the info and frankly I don't think they're really all that interested in doing it. Like most of the people on this and other Ford sites, I know more about the vehicle than the dealers do. Instead of thanking us, they think of customers like me as a pain in the *ss instead of a loyal and devoted fan.

Kzinti gave me, and everyone else on BON, the power to know what was factual info and what was just dealer BS. He provided a service that no one else had or could ever do again, and he did it cheerfully, humorously, and of his own good will. Ford is losing a great, great asset by silencing him. Look at the vehicle tracking thread and all the questions, answers and praise he received.

Where was the harm in what he was doing? What, he spent an hour a day researching and answering questions? Big deal. Do you work all day, non-stop? BRING KZINTI BACK!