POLL: should Kzinti be 'official Ford service'

ford4v429

Kzinti  

201 members have voted

1. 1. whats everyones opinion on Kzinti's order tracking help?

• BEST thing out there- Ford should back him 100%!
    • helpful, but I'm not really worried about my ordered car
    • whats a Kzinti?
    • if dealer cant help, nobody should- customers dont need to know status...

(sparks will fly @ Mar 27 2006, 03:28 AM)

Every Ford a have bought, my dealer called me and told me any and all the info that K posts for these people, in otherwords the info is on Ford's intranet.

The '07 GT vert that I have on order will be my fourth new V-8 mustang in a row and I have NEVER gotten anywhere near the kind of individual attention and customer support that Kzinti provided. I really like my dealer, but they're frankly operating in the dark ages. I asked them to make a change to my order a few weeks ago; they assured me it was done. Guess what? It wasn't, and if it weren't for Kzinti, I wouldn't have known. The dealers just don't know how to access the info and frankly I don't think they're really all that interested in doing it. Like most of the people on this and other Ford sites, I know more about the vehicle than the dealers do. Instead of thanking us, they think of customers like me as a pain in the *ss instead of a loyal and devoted fan.

Kzinti gave me, and everyone else on BON, the power to know what was factual info and what was just dealer BS. He provided a service that no one else had or could ever do again, and he did it cheerfully, humorously, and of his own good will. Ford is losing a great, great asset by silencing him. Look at the vehicle tracking thread and all the questions, answers and praise he received.

Where was the harm in what he was doing? What, he spent an hour a day researching and answering questions? Big deal. Do you work all day, non-stop? BRING KZINTI BACK!

Bob99b5- well said. I just wish the old threads were up from before the server got nuked a while back- If I recall correctly there were over 10,000 posts from 05, and quite a few from before that...Reading SWF's reply makes me think at least ONE dealer out there has their act together, but thats the only time ive ever read of anyone getting 'same info as Kzinti' from a dealer...perhaps his dealer knew of Kzinti too? :)

Sparks if you had to deal with what most of us trying to get gt's last year(not as transportation/commodity, but as enthusiast 'fix') had to deal with I think you'd understand why so many folks are so appreciative of what these guys took the initiative to do- I know of very few that think dealer info is OK...actually youre kinda the only one. Wish I had your dealer, bet a lot of other folks do too- but we dont, and Kzinti was a great asset.

20 years from now if I'm still kickin, I'll still be thinking about what a blast that 06 was, even after all the bullshit that it took just to get one(well two if you count the damaged/returned one), and how some anonymous guy at ford that called himself Kzinti helped so many of us follow along as our little dreamcars came into existence...the good old days, a factory 'friend on the inside', a great product...by then the ford factories may likely be a thing of the past...I just wonder if better customer support would possibly prevent that?

ya know, a couple months into my mustang order, I was ready to just say 'screw it' and buy restored cars, or keep redoing mine- no dealer/factory bullshit, a car that would go up in value instead of down...26 grand woulda had my 69 fastback looking REAL good...new car? why go thru the greif- they either are sucky commodity crap, or if they do come out with a good one, demand will be so high from all those dying to get a decent offering that dealers will f- it up for everyone anyway...and if dealers screw things up, ford dont care. then found out about Kzinti/blueoval from a guy at a local carshow with a early 05...wasnt afraid of having to deal with dealer bullshit or lack of concern towards ordering customers from ford...Kzinti= you'll know where your car stands, and if dealer pulls any crap. well now with Kzinti apparently gone, I can honestly say to the good people working at ford- sorry but aint no way I'm going thru that shit again...Hopefully he'll be back, in 'official' position and if that 09 comes out looking more 69-ish, I just may have to order another one, but otherwise, I'll just pass.

Sorry, but I gotta believe everyone concerned at ford knew what Kzinti was doing a long time ago, and saw the customer feedback that came from his efforts- if not, then marketing sure hasnt been doing its homework... and if they knew, it wouldnt make sense not to take the ball and run with it- fitting to their new 'bold moves' campaign.

I'm really hoping this is just some kind of jealous/union greivance type of thing from someone that couldnt play solitaire because he was on the computer, busy helping some total stranger getting product from a different plant....and hope ford will get on the ball and just put him in a salaried spot, doing what he does better than anyone else ever has- creating happy customers after the order, and insuring the sale and future repeats down the road. Ford needs this to continue.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparks if you had to deal with what most of us trying to get gt's last year(not as transportation/commodity, but as enthusiast 'fix') had to deal with I think you'd understand why so many folks are so appreciative of what these guys took the initiative to do- I know of very few that think dealer info is OK...actually youre kinda the only one. Wish I had your dealer, bet a lot of other folks do too- but we dont, and Kzinti was a great asset.

Sorry, but I gotta believe everyone concerned at ford knew what Kzinti was doing a long time ago, and saw the customer feedback that came from his efforts- if not, then marketing sure hasnt been doing its homework... and if they knew, it wouldnt make sense not to take the ball and run with it- fitting to their new 'bold moves' campaign.

I'm really hoping this is just some kind of jealous/union greivance type of thing from someone that couldnt play solitaire because he was on the computer, busy helping some total stranger getting product from a different plant....and hope ford will get on the ball and just put him in a salaried spot, doing what he does better than anyone else ever has- creating happy customers after the order, and insuring the sale and future repeats down the road. Ford needs this to continue.

Well I'm glad I haven't had to go through the things that most have had to go through to to find out what is going on with cars that they order, agreed a pain in the rear. In another post or in another day maybe we will figure out why the 2nd larest purchase someone can make can be treated more seriously when it comes to acually driving on the streets.

What concerns me is that with all Ford has going wrong in today's world that haven't figured out that it is a now soceiety. Information, news, stocks, and even car orders people want to know the status in today's world. I have no problem with what Mr. K. was trying to attempt but this is not his primary concern while at work. He like all others at Ford have a job to do that should be his primary concern. So sure lets put him in the salary ranks. First he would not be given the task of writing information on the internet, he would have to work out on the plant floor, not having time to post here. Then MAYBE he could supervise his former peers which would be fun to watch after he tried to put many in the pickel barrel last summer here on BON. If he had all the so called problems with his counterparts posting his troubles here is not the place to do it. Given the state of Ford and the UAW bad press is bad press no matter how small it seems to you. Personally I would like to see him in salary so they could fill his job with someone who is willing to carry thier own weight, and with people from St. Louis, Atlanta, Norfolk, and Twin Cities looking for work now and soon. I'm sure qualified electricians would like a shot to keep a job with Ford.

Of course all of this would not be an issue if he did it on his own time, then it would just be helping out for his own pride.

Not trying to stir the pot here, but...........

What if Kzinti was doing these VIN checks on his lunch break? As I recall, you're NOT on company time during lunch. As much as they'd like to *think* they own you for that 30 minutes, they don't. If you wanna get in your car and leave, you're permitted to do so. If you fancy sitting in a bathroom stall and reading People magazine, it's YOUR time.

That being said, if they stopped him from doing this at work, I'm sure they stopped him from doing it at home as well. I feel they screwed up in a BIG way. Kzinti offered a public service that couldn't be had anywhere else.

In keeping with the theme of "tell them how you REALLY feel", here's my post regarding Kzinti from another site:

Perhaps they fail to realize how much of an asset Kzinti is? Or maybe they're aware, and they're perturbed that he has broken the silence, and found a way to communicate with customers in a way that Ford Motor refuses to? In any case, it's a sad day. Kzinti is, was, and will always be a wealth of knowledge. What Ford *should* do is get rid of the assholes they have at the helm right now, and let Kzinti take over. The guy is just that good

Honestly, do they not have BETTER things to do? Ford is failing right now in too many areas to count, and they're coming down on someone who keeps their customers happy and maintains stability? :rolleyes: How typical.

Not trying to stir the pot here, but...........

What if Kzinti was doing these VIN checks on his lunch break? As I recall, you're NOT on company time during lunch. As much as they'd like to *think* they own you for that 30 minutes, they don't. If you wanna get in your car and leave, you're permitted to do so. If you fancy sitting in a bathroom stall and reading People magazine, it's YOUR time.

That being said, if they stopped him from doing this at work, I'm sure they stopped him from doing it at home as well. I feel they screwed up in a BIG way. Kzinti offered a public service that couldn't be had anywhere else.

In keeping with the theme of "tell them how you REALLY feel", here's my post regarding Kzinti from another site:

Perhaps they fail to realize how much of an asset Kzinti is? Or maybe they're aware, and they're perturbed that he has broken the silence, and found a way to communicate with customers in a way that Ford Motor refuses to? In any case, it's a sad day. Kzinti is, was, and will always be a wealth of knowledge. What Ford *should* do is get rid of the assholes they have at the helm right now, and let Kzinti take over. The guy is just that good

Honestly, do they not have BETTER things to do? Ford is failing right now in too many areas to count, and they're coming down on someone who keeps their customers happy and maintains stability? :rolleyes: How typical.

I'm glad someone thinks he is THAT good, personally I don't. I do not wish to carry him in my field or have to depend on him to help me on the floor. If he was doing it on his lunch his post times would be consitant daily. We all know that Ford has a funny way of feeling threatened by what they feel is not the rules, internet or otherwise. Someone either decided that it was company bis posted on the internet taken from thier data banks or time and emails on company time which has been A BIG no no in the past at KC, long before Mr. K. Either way it is the company's decision to do what they feel is in the best interest of Ford, period. I have seen people fired for many things hourly and salary, I may not always agree but that is the way it is.

Like I have said before Ford should have learned from him, used him, or moved him into making this work for Ford, as always late to the plate.

Let me see if I understand what this thread means after reading it all.

1.) Dr. K is a Electrician at FMC Kansas City Plant.

2.) Dr.K has ruffled a few feathers in his time.

3.) Dr K found he had the means to help customers after their purchase of a FMC Vehicle , using tools of FMC at his disposal.

4.) Someone took offense to Dr. K doing this on company time , using company tools at his disposal.

5.) this or those someone<s> most likley complained to either the Union or Management.

6.) The union or Management did not or does not have time to placate everyone.

7.) Dr. K was probubly told to cease and desist , or face extreem consequences. And to say nothing as to what was said.

8.) The upper management at FMC hasn`t a clue as to what was happeneing with the vehicle locator thread , or what it meant to those customers , nor do they care.

I have been in a Union for over 28 years , I do know how it works. So do most of you reading this. Some-one got their collective panties in a wad and ratted the situation out. Wonderful. Hope they or them are extreemly pleased with themselves. Hope they sleep real good at night. I`m sure their world is now all rosey. They or them knew Management were going to look the other way until someone screamed. Then they had to act , in the best intrests of "THEIR" jobs. The only way to quell the problem is a tactical nuke. Squash the problem before them , no more problem. Management happy , criers happy , Customers screwed again. Not FMC`s problem anymore.

All is well and back to normal.

Just let ME say I appreciated "K`s" time , effort and info. I loved it. I think it should be a perminant service. I do hope Dr. K is in no trouble. I do hope he gets a award for origonal thinking , or even a commendation for the service or idea , But as I said , I know how it works.

Good job Dr. K.

Good luck and best wishes from everyone you helped!!!!!

Kzinti,

Everyone who had a new Mustang ordered looked to you for an update on the progress of our babies. It was so very much appreciated by all of us. There is no way we could communicate with the Evil Root Lady, to get any kind of answer. Kzinti was our contact with the progress of where our Stangs were in the production process. Our dealers gave us no idea, other than it will get here when it gets here. You were and are "THE MAN", which everyone of us truly thanks for keeping us informed. You made the ordering and waiting process so much better to endure. We all thank you for being there and going the extra mile for us. We hope FORD will see what a service you have been to us all. Thank you for taking the effort of informing us of every point of the order through production process. You are truly a very special person. Hail The Chief, K-MAN!

Jack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sparks Will Fly" I hope that you and your union attitude will be on the unemployment line some day, pissing and moaning about how Ford "didn't do enough" to save your freaking JOB and you got laid off due to Ford losing more market share.

Well, look in the G**D**** mirror you union-thug a**hole!

Your short sighted and narrow-minded union-thug whining is what is destroying FoMoCo and companies like it. You only care about your idiot contract and how many freebies you can wheedle off management while doing less and less work for the exorbitant salary you are paid. You won't be happy until you work THREE hours a week with ten coffee breaks in the middle, twelve weeks paid vacation, and "free" health care for you, seven generations of your family, and your pets! And then you will STILL find some reason to complain, I guarantee it.

When someone like Kzinti DARES to buck the trend and actually DO SOMETHING about customer service rather than read some crappy platitude on the line you immediately call him out and complain until he is silenced. The service that KZINTI provided made SALES for your company (and contributed to your paycheck and undeserved benefits) you moron!

In my own experience I owned a 2002 Mustang with 29k miles on it. Did I *need* a new 2005? HELL NO. I *wanted* one, and the only reason I put up with my dealer's ignorance and the bull s***t I got from Ford in order to GET one was because of Kzinti. That's a $34k sale! Add up the thousands upon thousands like me, and you get the idea that Kzinti was actually DOING YOU ALL A FAVOR and contributing to the company bottom line with his service.

You bunch of stupid, stupid ingrates. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from a s**t eating lazy union a**hole like yourself. Union membership is now at 12% of the work force - and I will cheer the day that you all are holding up "will (cough cough cough)work for food" signs on your way to get your welfare check.

Let me see if I understand what this thread means after reading it all.

1.) Dr. K is a Electrician at FMC Kansas City Plant.

2.) Dr.K has ruffled a few feathers in his time.

3.) Dr K found he had the means to help customers after their purchase of a FMC Vehicle , using tools of FMC at his disposal.

4.) Someone took offense to Dr. K doing this on company time , using company tools at his disposal.

5.) this or those someone<s> most likley complained to either the Union or Management.

6.) The union or Management did not or does not have time to placate everyone.

7.) Dr. K was probubly told to cease and desist , or face extreem consequences. And to say nothing as to what was said.

8.) The upper management at FMC hasn`t a clue as to what was happeneing with the vehicle locator thread , or what it meant to those customers , nor do they care.

I have been in a Union for over 28 years , I do know how it works. So do most of you reading this. Some-one got their collective panties in a wad and ratted the situation out. Wonderful. Hope they or them are extreemly pleased with themselves. Hope they sleep real good at night. I`m sure their world is now all rosey. They or them knew Management were going to look the other way until someone screamed. Then they had to act , in the best intrests of "THEIR" jobs. The only way to quell the problem is a tactical nuke. Squash the problem before them , no more problem. Management happy , criers happy , Customers screwed again. Not FMC`s problem anymore.

All is well and back to normal.

Just let ME say I appreciated "K`s" time , effort and info. I loved it. I think it should be a perminant service. I do hope Dr. K is in no trouble. I do hope he gets a award for origonal thinking , or even a commendation for the service or idea , But as I said , I know how it works.

Good job Dr. K.

Good luck and best wishes from everyone you helped!!!!!

You know... this is SOOOOOOOOO right on man. I worked for UPS for five years Teamsters Local 79 and anyone who has worked in a Union shop knows how it goes.

I could not possibly have put it better than this.

Don't get me wrong. I sincerely think the Union has given the working man a lot that he would absolutely not have had without them. I'm not bagging on the Union at all.

BUT this type of thing... and SWF's attitude are one of the very bad things about the union.

There were some slackers at my center. Just like any place of employment I imagine. And there were some hard-core union guys that were truly helpful and interested in protecting their union brothers.

But then there were the people who cried for a union steward every day. People who did NOTHING but complain and were FAR more interested in what their co-workers were doing and whether or not their co-worker was "getting over" on them. You know... not doing their share ehem... SWF?

Now this is just my experience mind you... but I found these people to be the absolute WORST people to work around or with. They often didn't help out a co-worker because it wasn't "in their job description" and they were actually generally lazy people who wanted to be paid for doing as little work as humanly possible. And when a manager DID say something about their lack of work, attitude, etc. they cried foul and hid behind the union.

My advice to SWF quit worrying about what your co-workers are doing and do YOUR job.

My advice to Ford... wake up guys! Wake the hell up! SWF made some very relevant comments about this being a "need it now" culture. Well we ARE that way. Also your dealers generally do a piss-poor job of representing your company... why else do you think there were / are thousands of posts asking Kzinti about thier vehicles???

If your dealers gave the same customer service that Kzinti offered do you really think thousands of them would have posted requesting this info?

I know that it's easier for you to shut him up... and, as was stated by KdF, thereby shut up the whiney union person who just couldn't sleep at night until he felt he was given a fair shake by shutting Kzinti up.

But take a look at the thread. Thousands of posts... THOUSANDS! Beleive me Ford you desparately need to address your lack of customer service. Your dealers ARE NOT doing the job otherwise this whole thing wouldn't be an issue and no one would probably even know who Kzinti is.

For God's sake do the right thing and employ this type of info on your website or as many have suggested... give Kzinti a raise and put him in charge of your customer service department.

Have you come to understand that I nor K. touch any of the vehicles that are built at Ford?

As evidenced by the above statement, SWF, you just don't get it. To all of us non-Ford employees, you and Kzinti *ARE* Ford Motor Corp., whether you "touched" our Ford cars or not during the assembly process. Guess which of you two all of us not employed by Ford would prefer to think represents the attitude of all Ford employees? And guess where we're not going to purchase our next vehicle, based on how Ford treats the one employee who is willing to help their customers?

Nothing against the K man, but I wonder who was doing his job while he was looking up all those cars? :headscratch: :shrug:

Therein lies the problem...so he saw a problem, tried to help, but may or may not have used idle time to do so. My guess (just a guess) is that the time to send a few emails, punch in some vins might take an hour a day- wether at idle time or not, sure made a lot of ford buyers happy- a good thing.

if it took an hour and he had NO idle time, well then someone would need to cover to fill the void. So, lots of upset buyers everyday, probably some frustrated enough to walk away altogether from the frustration(especially last year) vs one employee out of fords umpteen thousands needing someone to cover for once in a while, a dozen otr two happy customers a day, eagerly awaiting their new Ford. Its all speculation which is the lesser of two evils, but I think all things considered Ford sure benifited from one guys attemp to do more than he needed to...

why did he stick his neck out to help a bunch of total strangers? I can only think of two possibilities:

1) because he was on some high flying ego trip, and thought it would be cool to be 'the man'

2) because he really wanted to help make buying a Ford less of a pain in the ass for the guys everyone at

ford in the end works for...UAW/Salaried/Stockholder/whatever- Happpy customers help ALL you guys

have jobs tomorrow.

if youve never read thru the tracking thread, check it out- I dont see an egomaniac there, just a helluva asset to Ford Motor Company- dont forget there were some others that helped pitch in too- you guys know who you are, I wont rehash the names incase someones trying to point fingers at all involved...when Kzinti was away, others stepped up to the plate to help a bunch of strangers too.

Thank you Kzinti/other anonymous ford guys and gals, and thank you Sparkswillfly/anyone else involved for any coverage you might have had to do for them while they helped track my car- and thousands of others. Far as I can see the line never stopped, trucks still got built, and a LOT of ford customers were happy instead of pissed off. Everyone wins...Customers might actually be excited about buying another ford, Ford might see a few less defections to imports with better support systems(so I hear), ford employees are a little busier as just that many more vehicles will still be coming down the line in a couple years, helping get that north american bottom line from falling lower. Or things can go back to 'normal', pissed off buyers unhappy about the total lack of concern regarding the second biggest ticket item sold in the US for most households, and somewhere a handful of guys get a few extra minutes idle time at ford...I dunno how many electricians are in the truck pland, but would guess quite a few- dividing Kzinti's time among them would sure seem like a drop in the bucket...but I aint there, so cant really say...maybe theres only a couple electricians on hand and it really made it tough? who knows.

In my (overly simplistic?) view of things, they should simply get Kzinti moved into customer support, and expand on his start. With all the axes falling right now, I'd bet a electrician is a lot easier to find than someone genuinely concerned with customer relations. talking in these forums the last year or two, I know theres some great guys high up at ford that want to improve the system, and if he could work with them, great things could happen- at least as far as customer relations/ordered vehicles are concerned-

think I'll start another thread...

It's not what he is doing for Joe public, it's what he is not doing for his coworkers. I sure you don't mind you coworker doing other work while you pick up the slack for him do you? Notice most of us at ford post on our own time not the company's, that's not what they pay me OR Kzinti to do, infact most could get disaplined for the same thing. Kinda like blogging company biz.

The fact is, a there are a lot of us who have a higher opinion of our "Ford experience" because of Kzinti. He made buying a Mustang memorable. Even my salesman was exicted about the info I got. The result? More Ford's sold. At least he can see beyond the walls of the factory out into the world.

I like the way all of you have spun this into my fault that Mr. K is no longer posting all the prized info on BON. I did not turn him in at any level at our plant, I did not turn him into the union either. What happen to Mr. K is something that he maybe brought on himself, I don't know. The area we are posting in is to Ford managment, the topic is what do you think of Mr. K and I posted MY thoughts. It is funny that for over 1 month NOBODY responded to what I had to say until Mr. K posted that he could no longer help with orders. Like I have said before IT is still Ford's information that he was posting, if he was in trouble for that then Ford said he broke thier rules. I do think he did all of you a great service but at whose expence?

If he got in trouble for any other reason, with the union, it was because several union officers read post here too. When you post about opting out of the union or flat out rat on other members about what they do at plant level then shit will hit the fan. I know that Mr. K has done both in the past which has brought alot of heat on him, but he made that bed so he must lay in it. If I have ever posted on this web site that YOU feel that I am whinning about you should now all that happens before you jump to any concusions.

Bottom line is that I do get it better than most of you will ever know or would even think about knowing. I have ALOT of pride in what I do while at work at Ford and I know where my bread is buttered. Without Ford I can still use my trade to earn a living and keep food on the table for my family BUT with the help of Mr. K while at work trying to protect OUR jobs seems a little more important than you beloved mustangs. Why is that so hard to understand? If you think my attitude sucks you should see the plant floor after what Ford has gone through since Jan. 23. Moral is not the greatest and looks like it won't be for a while. Every day some how Ford trys to use something about the restructring to scare people into doing more to keep thier jobs, sound like fun to you?

My first car was a 1965 Mustang. I planned on buying my 2006 Mustang for over two years. I followed the development from concept to production, I studied all the available options, I searched the internet for the best available dealer and after market options. I have owned 13 cars in my life since my first Mustang they were just transportation to me. My Mustang was more than just a car to me and I was excited to have that feeling again. Once I ordered it I was obsessed with getting information about its status. Although my dealer was great an tried to update me often the lack of available information drove me crazy I felt like an expectant father who was out of the country during the preganancy. Then I discovered Kzinti. His updates, while waiting for my car to be built were unbelievable. When I told my friends and family how he taught me and how much I was in touch with the building process they were amazed. Kzinti made the wait for my car an enjoyable experience this middle aged man will always remember.

Instead of shutting him down FORD should adopt his techniques as official customer service policy.

Kzinti if you are reading this, Thank You again, I never posted a picture of my car as I promised so here it is.

post-20536-1148387171_thumb.jpg

BUT with the help of Mr. K while at work trying to protect OUR jobs seems a little more important than you beloved mustangs. Why is that so hard to understand?

SWF:

I think that protecting your jobs and our "beloved Mustangs" go hand in hand. If we (the buying public) are excited about the product and have great customer service from you (meaning Ford) to back it up, it's a win-win scenario for all of us.

Belittling us (the customer) because of our devotion to our "beloved Mustangs" cuts your own throat doesn't it? IMHO, you should be ENCOURAGING us. A happy customer comes back for more, and you will build us more cars, thereby propagating job security for you. How is this hard to understand?

well looky there...we got 100 votes For Kzinti out of 111 (with the 9 not knowing who he was shouldnt count), and only 2 that thought he was helpful, but it didnt mean much to them.

Would it be safe to say that "nearly 99% of Ford Customers involved had a better buying experience than if they would have been stuck with dealer/CRC support only" ?

I think thas EXACTLY what it says, and I hope ford takes note of it. This is a good idea that shoulda been thought of long ago. I'm guessing the 9 votes that didnt know what Kzinti was dont know what they missed, and thats a darn shame. all it would take is making Kzinti a oficial part of customer service, even if 'part time' as it were...this would be a very good tool for ford, and the 'advertising' would be free- there aint many new mustang enthusiasts that havent heard of him, wether they used his service or not.

BOLD IS KZINTI has a nice ring to it dont it? :)

ps- theres about (5) pages of comments from FORD CUSTOMERS over here too:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=47499

Edited by ford4v429

"Sparks Will Fly" I hope that you and your union attitude will be on the unemployment line some day, pissing and moaning about how Ford "didn't do enough" to save your freaking JOB and you got laid off due to Ford losing more market share.

Well, look in the G**D**** mirror you union-thug a**hole!

Your short sighted and narrow-minded union-thug whining is what is destroying FoMoCo and companies like it. You only care about your idiot contract and how many freebies you can wheedle off management while doing less and less work for the exorbitant salary you are paid. You won't be happy until you work THREE hours a week with ten coffee breaks in the middle, twelve weeks paid vacation, and "free" health care for you, seven generations of your family, and your pets! And then you will STILL find some reason to complain, I guarantee it.

you moron!

You bunch of stupid, stupid ingrates. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from a s**t eating lazy union a**hole like yourself. Union membership is now at 12% of the work force - and I will cheer the day that you all are holding up "will (cough cough cough)work for food" signs on your way to get your welfare check.

I belittled you with "beloved mustang"? What you said about me seems to be a lttle more than belittleing.

I did not choose to tell you to go back to your office and get back under bosses desk to keep your job, the lack of respect you have showed me in the prior post proves that you are part of the ME crowd. You cannot stand unions and waiting for any information about YOUR order is all the you are concerned with.

For the record numbnuts in Kansas City where Mr. K and I work we build F-150's, Escapes, Mecury Marniers and Mazda Tributes. Ford has always seen these products as the bread and butter of the company as far as sales go,selling over 900,000 F series trucks last year I think the must have something right. You see Mr. K doesn't even work in the plant where most of his effort is put to use. How many hours a day do you think it takes to take care of as many people Mr. K toke care daily? Maybe if you have enough idle time at work to do that maybe your boss should give your sorry ass more to do.

As far as my union attitude put me on the unemployment line goes, if Ford payroll dosen't have my name in the data banks then I guess your "beloved mustang" won't be for sale anymore. I would still have an hourly job before Mr. K, senority dictates that. If that doesn't work out then the electrical union that I am still part of will have a job for my sorry ass, what would happen if you lost your job, I have an idea, you could belittle people on forums all day.

Edited by sparks will fly

... the lack of respect you have showed me in the prior post proves that you are part of the ME crowd. You cannot stand unions and waiting for any information about YOUR order is all the you are concerned with.

I'm the customer and it's MY $30,000+ that I paid for the car... so yes, I say that it DOES mean that I am concerned about MY order and when *I* placed it. I don't care about the "behind the scenes" stuff - I only care about getting what I paid for: a quality product delivered in a timely manner with good customer service.

You see Mr. K doesn't even work in the plant where most of his effort is put to use. How many hours a day do you think it takes to take care of as many people Mr. K toke care daily? Maybe if you have enough idle time at work to do that maybe your boss should give your sorry ass more to do.

Who cares how many hours a day it takes? The point is CUSTOMER SERVICE. If Ford management and his union brethren understood this, they would allocate Kzinti's time so that he performs his duties with dispensations for improving customer service. I believe that is the entire point of this thread.

As far as my union attitude put me on the unemployment line goes, if Ford payroll dosen't have my name in the data banks then I guess your "beloved mustang" won't be for sale anymore. I would still have an hourly job before Mr. K, senority dictates that. If that doesn't work out then the electrical union that I am still part of will have a job for my sorry ass, what would happen if you lost your job, I have an idea, you could belittle people on forums all day.

Yep... I think the pot is calling the kettle black when it comes to the "Me" attitude. So what you are saying is that you do not care if your employer goes under. While I don't believe in wide-eyed, fanatical loyalty to ANY company, I would think that looking at the "big picture" would allow you (and other) employees to appreciate any scheme (in this case, improving abysmal customer service) that would keep your employer solvent and willing and able to sign more paychecks.

NOW... don't get me wrong, I am NOT trying to start a flame war. I did come across harshly in some of the things I said in my earlier post and I apologize for those extreme words. However, I feel that BOTH Ford management AND the union complainers are to blame for this current situation, which is muzzling someone that was performing a valuable customer relations service. Acknowledging that there is a problem is the first step in the road to fixing the problem - not shooting the messenger, which is what you folks did.

I'm the customer and it's MY $30,000+ that I paid for the car... so yes, I say that it DOES mean that I am concerned about MY order and when *I* placed it. I don't care about the "behind the scenes" stuff - I only care about getting what I paid for: a quality product delivered in a timely manner with good customer service.

Who cares how many hours a day it takes? The point is CUSTOMER SERVICE. If Ford management and his union brethren understood this, they would allocate Kzinti's time so that he performs his duties with dispensations for improving customer service. I believe that is the entire point of this thread.

Yep... I think the pot is calling the kettle black when it comes to the "Me" attitude. So what you are saying is that you do not care if your employer goes under. While I don't believe in wide-eyed, fanatical loyalty to ANY company, I would think that looking at the "big picture" would allow you (and other) employees to appreciate any scheme (in this case, improving abysmal customer service) that would keep your employer solvent and willing and able to sign more paychecks.

NOW... don't get me wrong, I am NOT trying to start a flame war. I did come across harshly in some of the things I said in my earlier post and I apologize for those extreme words. However, I feel that BOTH Ford management AND the union complainers are to blame for this current situation, which is muzzling someone that was performing a valuable customer relations service. Acknowledging that there is a problem is the first step in the road to fixing the problem - not shooting the messenger, which is what you folks did.

Well I am glad that you spent your hard earned money on one of the finest new cars on the road today. You have a right to be concerned about the purchase are are making with Ford. From working in a plant for a while now (14 years) one car will roll off the line and be the best car someone will ever own. The one right behind it maybe the biggest lemon Ford has ever built. They may even have all the same options and colors, it is just they way things are. So I hope the mustang you got is the best car you ever own.

My point is Mr. K's job while at work currently IS NOT customer service, sorry that is not what Ford hired him to do. Ford put him through a written test, a hands on test, and interviewed him to be an electrician. Once he started his job here no one said maybe you could be a good samartain and lookup cars on Ford's servers all day and post them on the internet. If Ford thought is was no big deal then anyone that can get into TEM's systems (the program K used to track your car) could put that information out there. Now I know of other people that do not have the same permission to look that they once had. Is it because of K? I don't know but that is the way Ford operates, one screws up everyone pays, sorry if this offends, it is the facts.

If you knew me well enough you would know better than say anything about me and the "me" attitude. I am not the type to leave someone out in the cold who I believe in and has the same work ethics as I. I care VERY much about Ford and feel like they have let me and MANY (30,000) others down lately. If they cared about you, the customer, as much as you think they sure haven't showed it to the people that have given years of sevice without question. Sure they have been paid well, only what they have earned for sure. A car plant is a hot, dirty, harsh enviroment that is noisy, and full of spirt. What used to be shop talk is now 3 days off for disrespect, even if a boss cusses you first, hourly does the time. In the end Ford MUST change the way they do biz or they are toast, from the top to the customer and all in between. The union also is going to have to change also in many ways because we are not perfect either, but that is why both STILL exist, one keeps the other more honest, in therory.

My point is Mr. K's job while at work currently IS NOT customer service, sorry that is not what Ford hired him to do. Ford put him through a written test, a hands on test, and interviewed him to be an electrician. Once he started his job here no one said maybe you could be a good samartain and lookup cars on Ford's servers all day and post them on the internet. If Ford thought is was no big deal then anyone that can get into TEM's systems (the program K used to track your car) could put that information out there. Now I know of other people that do not have the same permission to look that they once had. Is it because of K? I don't know but that is the way Ford operates, one screws up everyone pays, sorry if this offends, it is the facts.

To me, the real point is, Ford increasingly doesn't get it when it comes to customer service. They have (or maybe had) someone who dramatically enhanced hundred's of people's views regarding their "Ford experience" because he went outside the box, and he gets stepped on for it. Maybe someone should pay attention to what the customers are saying in this thread. After all, it's their money that turns the machine! Ford needs more Kzintis if they want to reconnect to the public.

I think SWF is loosing alot of sleep trying to defend himself to all of us. Look at the time of his post, they are mainly in the early AM. If Dr. K is only en elctrician, how did he get permissions to all those different applications to get those status reports for everyone? I guess Ford's IT security is not doing their job.

I think Mr. K should be transfered to the Ford Customer Support Center and take a look at how they operate. Once he looks into that, then come up with solutions. The Customer Support Center should be able to access the status of any given vehicle at any given time in todays world of technology, Instead they are are relying on old information that is produced once a week. This is what dealers are seeing and why dealers and unable to give precise information to their customers. I had better and more reliable information from Dr. K than my dealer and my dealer is a very good friend of mine who would not lead to any wrong information without checking it out himself. Sure it's a small dealer but his resources are as limited as the larger dealers. Why doesn't Ford give them access to this same information?

As for Dr. K being an electrician, what do they do when things are running good and don't need to be fixed? Are they sitting at a table drinking coffee and BSing with fellow workers? I don't really think Dr. K was letting down any of his co-workers. I truely think he was doing most of his research and posting on lunch hours, breaks or on his own time. It would be very hard to believe that if someone was letting down their co-worker for this long of a period of time without being reprimanded. I think someone who is a piss-ant in the company wanted to make this a polical game out this and it is working. Well Mr. Piss-Ant, I hope you are happy at the shit you stirred up and I hope your tenior with Ford ceases tomorrow.

I have been a dedicated Ford person since 86 and have bought many cars and trucks. I am doing my part to help keep Ford in business but I can only do so much. Then why can't Ford do as much for their customers as their customers have done for them?

The way I see it Kzinti did not have to take time to help any of us track our purchases but I see it as time that was taken to help many of us, the customer through the incredible anticipation of getting our Mustangs or whatever other car he helped located. I only see my side and consider what Kzinti did very helpful. I think that Ford should take note and consider this a benefit to the customer to be able to track your vehicle through the process.

I think SWF is loosing alot of sleep trying to defend himself to all of us. Look at the time of his post, they are mainly in the early AM. If Dr. K is only en elctrician, how did he get permissions to all those different applications to get those status reports for everyone? I guess Ford's IT security is not doing their job.

I think Mr. K should be transfered to the Ford Customer Support Center and take a look at how they operate. Once he looks into that, then come up with solutions. The Customer Support Center should be able to access the status of any given vehicle at any given time in todays world of technology, Instead they are are relying on old information that is produced once a week. This is what dealers are seeing and why dealers and unable to give precise information to their customers. I had better and more reliable information from Dr. K than my dealer and my dealer is a very good friend of mine who would not lead to any wrong information without checking it out himself. Sure it's a small dealer but his resources are as limited as the larger dealers. Why doesn't Ford give them access to this same information?

As for Dr. K being an electrician, what do they do when things are running good and don't need to be fixed? Are they sitting at a table drinking coffee and BSing with fellow workers? I don't really think Dr. K was letting down any of his co-workers. I truely think he was doing most of his research and posting on lunch hours, breaks or on his own time. It would be very hard to believe that if someone was letting down their co-worker for this long of a period of time without being reprimanded. I think someone who is a piss-ant in the company wanted to make this a polical game out this and it is working. Well Mr. Piss-Ant, I hope you are happy at the shit you stirred up and I hope your tenior with Ford ceases tomorrow.

I have been a dedicated Ford person since 86 and have bought many cars and trucks. I am doing my part to help keep Ford in business but I can only do so much. Then why can't Ford do as much for their customers as their customers have done for them?

I don't loose any sleep over any of this I CHOOSE to work afternoons and I post AFTER I get off work not during. I would not give the company the chance to slap my hand for getting on the internet on company time, I have seen some goofy stuff in my days at Ford. The info that K. is getting for you stems from the political job he has currently in the plant, a position many chose not to take including myself.

Like I said in previous posts, put K. in management or anywhere else, then make room for someone who is losing a job in a closing plant a chance here. I'm sure you would be happy and the guy getting a chance to keep a job with Ford would be happy, and K.'s peers would be VERY happy.

I have said it before K. stabbed several of his peers in the back last year here on BON, while it was not me it was about the plant I work in and people that I have respect for that DO thier job. The part most have yet to get, even if YOU got the info you wanted it is not his or any plant employee's job to give it out. Every company large and small have a business model with job reposnciblities to everyone who works for that company. It is like YOU decide to hire someone instead of human resources when you work in sales. What gives you that authourity? Because you decide that it is OK? Well I can tell you this K.'s last name is not Ford.

I don't think anyone made this political, at least not at plant level, even if they did maybe they just got the stiches out of thier back.

I have been a Ford person all my life, my first car was a '72 Mach1, all but one car I have bought has been a Ford of some sort. So being a Ford customer is as much as being a Ford worker, get it?

SWF,

How do we go about telling Ford that we as customers want to be able to track the info online ourselves? Then we wouldn't have to bother anyone.

I was told to go to www.myford.com, I have not tried it and someone posted here that it sucks, so I don't know. Maybe if so many would email Ford and tell them this is what they want then they could give the job to K. and everyone would be happy. Sure beats worrying about me on BON.

Kzinti helped me keep my sanity during the long order process. He provided a great service to Ford customers.

I just tried myford.com ang got:

"Unfortunately this site is down due to problems at the Data Centre.

Support technicians are working to rectify the problem."

"Centre"?? Is thing overseas? The support out of KC seemed to be much better.

Regards,

Three Time Mustang Owner