POLL: should Kzinti be 'official Ford service'

ford4v429

Kzinti  

201 members have voted

1. 1. whats everyones opinion on Kzinti's order tracking help?

• BEST thing out there- Ford should back him 100%!
    • helpful, but I'm not really worried about my ordered car
    • whats a Kzinti?
    • if dealer cant help, nobody should- customers dont need to know status...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kzinti rocks. His service is great, Kzinti was a great help tracking my GT. Honestly I just don't know why Ford doesn't give customers the ability to track an ordered vehicle. I mean UPS, Fedex, etc. allow you to track packages to the minute. Why Ford trys to keep it a big secret I'll never understand. The systems all exist, just give us a portal to get to it. Part of Ford's demise is not meeting the customers needs, I own 4 Ford/Mercury vehicles and will tell you the quality has gotten worse every year. My 87 Mustang LX sedan 5.0 has had virtually no problems for it's 210,000 miles. Wish I could say the same for my 98 Mountaineer, 00 F250, and 06 Mustang GT. Don't get me wrong I like Ford but they just aren't as a good as the competition when it comes to reliability and service.

tjp80 said: "she cant think of anything to say to a a@@hole"

Then how does she manage to talk to you?

Still does not change the subject ,your still a A@@hole and most likly a dirtbag . Hey did you get the new screen door for the trailer ? Merry Christmas :happy feet:

• 3 months later...
So I take it at this point Kzinti has died and is no more?

Too bad, he really eased my nerves during the ordering process of my 2005.

RIP Kzinti... :drop:

I pm'd him a couple weeks ago,wondering the same... he's still alive at least, said his wife dont let him drive thier legend lime mustang much...imagine that :)

I'm glad my wife dont drive stick -heheh :)

I'm still hopeful Ford will wake up and get someone like him involved in customer service improvements- in this day and age its just a matter of time till all manufacturers do something like what Kzinti started- being a 'ford guy', I still kinda hope ford dont have to play catch up someday on something they already had first...hopefully he's still talking with higher-ups, and maybe just maybe someday Ford might realize that 'the dealer is the customer' mentality is one of their biggest liabilities...sadly ordered cars dont make up much of their business, so not worth a second glance- unless they consider enthusiasts that order a car probably are more brand loyal than most window shoppers, and if they can make more 'ford guys' happy, they might just sell a few more outright...back when mine were 'on order' the guys I work with also thought it was cool how much info I was getting on the car, and almost if not every day the topic came up...free advertising and excited customers are smart investments-

and telling folks where their $25000+ order stands is ONLY right- and was very cool for those of us that had Kzinti's help back in the day...'realtime' updates and a window sticker before the car is even built can be very calming to a impatient buyer believe me :)

Lead or follow, sooner or later Fords gotta have something like Kzinti (again). MrKABC- did you ever drop a note to anyone higher up at ford with your opinions? pm me if you want some emails/phone numbers...the folks Ive talked to seemed to love getting feedback, and agreed if they were ordering, they'd like the same treatment...if a few more folks 'remind' someone every few months, you never know...

• 5 months later...
My first car was a 1965 Mustang. I planned on buying my 2006 Mustang for over two years. I followed the development from concept to production, I studied all the available options, I searched the internet for the best available dealer and after market options. I have owned 13 cars in my life since my first Mustang they were just transportation to me. My Mustang was more than just a car to me and I was excited to have that feeling again. Once I ordered it I was obsessed with getting information about its status. Although my dealer was great an tried to update me often the lack of available information drove me crazy I felt like an expectant father who was out of the country during the preganancy. Then I discovered Kzinti. His updates, while waiting for my car to be built were unbelievable. When I told my friends and family how he taught me and how much I was in touch with the building process they were amazed. Kzinti made the wait for my car an enjoyable experience this middle aged man will always remember.

Instead of shutting him down FORD should adopt his techniques as official customer service policy.

Kzinti if you are reading this, Thank You again, I never posted a picture of my car as I promised so here it is.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree the ford customer service at the dealers and Ford it self sucks :banghead: the last few years...The money seems to be spend to get new customers as to keeping the ones they have/had now...Which is cheaper ?? You know the answer to that one...

OH...I really liked the picture of your new car...Very sharp...Thanks for posting it...

• 1 year later...

one last THANK YOU to Kzinti/ViperPilot and the guys that helped out so many of us especially a couple years ago during the 05 rush...

if it hadnt been for the 'friend at the factory' info from Kzinti back at the end of 05, I never woulda had a S197...but I still have my 06 thats going to turn three years old next month, this spring my wife picked up a matching 07 pony/auto- and 2 days ago we added a third Vista Blue- another GT Stick like my 06 except 09 with the new 45th anniversary emblems...just going to store it away for a while- after seeing the spy shots of the '10, was looking to get a 09 ordered, but my dealer found the exact car I was going to order with 2 miles on it at a dealer a couple hundred miles out- after the reveal of the '10 I was sold...I wish Ford the best of luck with the '10, but its just not my cup of tea. to me todays employee pricing on the 09's is maybe the cheapest/best looking V8 mustang deal we'll ever see...the prices will go up, who knows if in 10 years there will still be a V8 available, and it looks like the 'retro'(hate that term) days are over styling wise- just an opinion, Im sure a lot of folks will love the new mustang- and gotta say the interior looks great - hope they sell a boatload of them :)

Anyway thanks again to Kzinti- he put the first of three mustangs in my driveway- wether ford sees tracking support as 'worthwhile' or not, who knows, but I can say for a fact I know he sold at least a few cars :)

post-19827-1227929533_thumb.jpg

Edited by ford4v429

Ah yes, the heady days of anticipation and longing for ANY info as to where your ordered Pony was. Kzinti was the only voice of hope in a sea of utter black. The Dealers had no clue, and really didn't want one as they had their sale, and you be damned until it arrived. We do still appreciate the great customer service from a Man who went above and beyond for the customers, even tho it was not his job in any way, shape or form. I for one will allways remember Kzinti and appreciate all that he did for us.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While this is our first Ford being ordered, we had issues in the past with dealers giving updates. I mean the sales guy already has the sale, they really don't have time or want to call up to track a customer's order every time they call. I was so glad when I ordered my GMC that I could get updates via the web. The only thing better would have been if my onstar was active from the factory so i could have watched the GPS marker as it made it's way across the country.

Private car haulers offer this technology, I don't see why the big names can't either.

• 1 year later...

https://electronicinkdesignresearch.wufoo.com/forms/ford-customer-order-tracking-screener/

could it be? 8 yrs after Kzinti, looks like Ford is going for it - WooHoo! hope to see some responses from folks with 2014 mustangs, hope the thing works well :)

off topic, but 29 years later, I FINALLY started on my 69 fastback...the near three decade garage nap has been kind, the floor I figured would be shot, its fine...needs front torque boxes/rails/drivers toeboard, but needed that when parked in '84 :)

post-19827-0-97656300-1379216031_thumb.jpg

Edited by ford4v429

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...