Fusion Hybrid energi production scheduled

chuckokie36

This was posted on the Fusion energi site, Maybe our Fusion Titanium's will be scheduled on the 12th as well.

Administrators

23 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

As it stands now, here are the 2013 Ford Fusion Energi production targets. Please note that these dates are subject to change:

• 12 December 12: Fusion Energi scheduling begins.

• 07 January 13: Fusion Energi production (JOB1) begins.

Edited by chuckokie36

Energi and Job1 don't seem to go hand in hand :) The order guides for the Energi refer to Job 2 (same as the Titanium). But it looks like both the mid-December and January 7th dates were correct - they just refer to different things!

I do hope they all stay on schedule. I also feel for those still waiting for the backlogged earlier orders. Hopefully things will start moving out of there again.

• Like 1

I was hopeful that this meant we would see Energi in the Build&Price menu on the 12th, but so far it's still missing.

Does anybody know when a model is supposed to show up in Build&Price?

You know pricing and trim levels were announced weeks ago officially. You can find it outside of the ford configurator. Hopefully the configurator will be updated with hybrid titanium and energi information soon. With so many people going to Ford.com they probably don't want to publicly announce too soon you can order those 2 new vehicles as that would REALLY mainstream the vehicles fast versus people just finding out they can pre-order them now at dealerships or articles online for those who search for them. However, with production starting in less than a month it looks like it shouldn't be long now! Any day or any week now is my best guess! :D

Nor do they have a build and price yet for the Fusion Hybrid Ti trim.

Was tempted by the Energi. But leary of the very first version of anything and not yet willing to have 85 mph be the MAX speed my vehicle is ever capable of going.

Edited by Pers69

You know pricing and trim levels were announced weeks ago officially.

Yes, I've seen the info from Car&Driver and from KBB. But I *would* like to see it on ford.com.

I would also love to see the Energi on the X-Plan site. Hopefully that will follow soon after the Build&Price site.

Was tempted by the Energi. But leary of the very first version of anything and not yet willing to have 85 mph be the MAX speed my vehicle is ever capable of going.

Umm, I think that means 85 mph is the max speed on battery-only power. I would be really surprised if the Energi can't do 90, as long as you're willing to have the ICE running.

I test drove a Fusion Hybrid and it did 90 quite easily, and very very quietly. Doubt that the Energi is much different.