Where is the MKZ?

OK so where is this 13 MKZ? Lincoln is reintroducing itself? I thought it was to coincide with the launch of this highly anticipated revamped automobile?

Since November I have been going by Sam Galloway Lincoln to see one. Nothing, the sales team keeps saying in 2 weeks. The first week in December they had one from Michigan and said it was for the sales staff to look at only. I told my wife to come down quick to see it, and it was gone in an hour! I went by there yesterday with the wife to try to see it (it had been another 3 weeks by now for sure they should have them in) and nothing. I flustered a very new salesperson in training because he knew nothing about the car. He finally brought out his trainer who promptly told me the car was delayed another 4 weeks due to issues. He actually said that "Ford didn't want another fiasco like with the new Escape" Wow really? that makes me want to buy the car... not!

I usually don't rant on forums, I was just hoping that someone here can give me some answers. I have a 10 MKZ and a 06 Mustang. We are longtime Ford product customers and just would like some straight answers.

Thanks!

I ordered one in September. They haven't even set a start date to build it yet. This is one of the slowest car launches I can remember. Might as well have waited another couple months and call it a 2014. On a brighter note, the issues seem to be gone now and they told dealers this week that they are good to go. I'll believe it when mine is in production.

Edited by xgman

OK so where is this 13 MKZ? Lincoln is reintroducing itself? I thought it was to coincide with the launch of this highly anticipated revamped automobile?

Since November I have been going by Sam Galloway Lincoln to see one. Nothing, the sales team keeps saying in 2 weeks. The first week in December they had one from Michigan and said it was for the sales staff to look at only. I told my wife to come down quick to see it, and it was gone in an hour! I went by there yesterday with the wife to try to see it (it had been another 3 weeks by now for sure they should have them in) and nothing. I flustered a very new salesperson in training because he knew nothing about the car. He finally brought out his trainer who promptly told me the car was delayed another 4 weeks due to issues. He actually said that "Ford didn't want another fiasco like with the new Escape" Wow really? that makes me want to buy the car... not!

I usually don't rant on forums, I was just hoping that someone here can give me some answers. I have a 10 MKZ and a 06 Mustang. We are longtime Ford product customers and just would like some straight answers.

Thanks!

I too am a long time Ford Man and I ordered mine the 15th of December. I've been patient this far and would recommend you trying to be a little more patient as well. I have very high expectations for this car. We're not talking about a Fiesta here and they surely want this to land perfect aside from the delay launch. I gained experience in patience waiting for nearly two years for my 07 GT500.

I understand wanting to see it, touch it, and drive it; I'm right there with you. I learned with my GT500 that it doesn't take a lot to frustrate a salesman and to actually know more than they do. It was that way with the Shelby and again when I sat down to order the new Z and my salesman is 30 years in the business of selling Fords. Blue Oval News is where I get my Ford and all auto information exclusively. There are a ton of people here that seem to have incredible Ford and industry knowledge so check back here often. I do daily to the point that my wife calls BON my Facebook as I don't have a Facebook account. My affiliation with BON has made me look like an automotive genius to the people I work with. They've gotten to the point where they ask me everything concerning a new automobile.

Please be a little more patient and sorry for the sales pitch about BON. I have no vested interest here and I'm simply a member like you are now... Welcome to the community.

The OK to buy was given a week or two ago so they're now en route to dealers.  The Fusion problems caused some delays at the factory.

They should keep their sales teams up to date. There is nothing more frustrating then dealing with sales staff that is misinformed and not knowledgeable.I can look over it but wives are not so forgiving :)

They should keep their sales teams up to date. There is nothing more frustrating then dealing with sales staff that is misinformed and not knowledgeable.I can look over it but wives are not so forgiving :)

I've often felt the same way but consider for a moment a salesman's place in the food chain. It's kind of like expecting a realtor to have a comprehensive understanding of home construction and although they may have some knowledge I would wager it to be limited.

I know my dealership has gotten better but it used to piss me off that they didn't have a basic understanding of options for a vehicle I might be looking at. As an engineer at a medical device manufacturer and all that accompanies my duties I found it frustrating a salesman would approach me in the parking lot snuffing out a cigarette after standing out front smoking all morning and he wouldn't know squat. I used to think to myself "Christ, what else do you have to do all day other than bone-up on the cars your selling"!

The dealers are as informed as they want to be. The only unknown is when the OK to buy will be given because that is based on 5 consecutive days of error free builds and that could take 5 days or 50 days - nobody knows. But once the ok to buy is given and Ford starts shipping vehicles they do tell the dealers. Salespeople do not work for Ford - they work for the dealer which is an independent business.

The dealers are as informed as they want to be. The only unknown is when the OK to buy will be given because that is based on 5 consecutive days of error free builds and that could take 5 days or 50 days - nobody knows. But once the ok to buy is given and Ford starts shipping vehicles they do tell the dealers. Salespeople do not work for Ford - they work for the dealer which is an independent business.

Well the ok was already give and my dealer was and remains clueless.

That's right, sorry; I remember reading your review of your test drive.

One thing I'm confused with is the multi-contour seats and how they are optioned. I remover discussing these with my salesman as I was ordering but I don't see them listed on my order sheet. Can you or anyone tell me if they are part of the "Reserve" or "Preferred" models, I looked on the web site but it did not mention them as being part of a package and they don't appear as an option when building one. It does say early 2013 availability but I remember the salesman showing me the monitor pointing out that they do not say "Not Available Yet" indicating I could order them.

That's right, sorry; I remember reading your review of your test drive.

One thing I'm confused with is the multi-contour seats and how they are optioned. I remover discussing these with my salesman as I was ordering but I don't see them listed on my order sheet. Can you or anyone tell me if they are part of the "Reserve" or "Preferred" models, I looked on the web site but it did not mention them as being part of a package and they don't appear as an option when building one. It does say early 2013 availability but I remember the salesman showing me the monitor pointing out that they do not say "Not Available Yet" indicating I could order them.

The brochure indicates they will be a stand alone option on Reserve or Preferred models only. If they're not listed on the order sheet then you're not getting them.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know but I've read there are over a 1,000 preorders and is the highest demand ever for a pre-sale of a Lincoln model. I really hope the MKZ/MKC boosts Lincolns image in the up coming years. It's a good start already. I have the hybrid on order and now my wife is thinking we should get the MKC also next year. Now, just need to wait patiently for another month for our car to arrive then all will be well.

• Like 1

I don't know but I've read there are over a 1,000 preorders and is the highest demand ever for a pre-sale of a Lincoln model. I really hope the MKZ/MKC boosts Lincolns image in the up coming years. It's a good start already. I have the hybrid on order and now my wife is thinking we should get the MKC also next year. Now, just need to wait patiently for another month for our car to arrive then all will be well.

I think "highest demand" may equate to longest wait.

First time seeing the MKC was yesterday while surfing around. I gotta say I was quite impressed with the looks and might have to take a hard look at it when it comes out.