....And the winner is! (my new car!)

The 2013 Lincoln MKX!

Yep, decided to skip the MKZ and stick with the MKX and just wait it out for the next-gen MKX (or MKC). There is no way I'm going to be happy with a car, I need the space and height.

Fully-loaded, Black/Light Stone, Adaptive Cruise, 22" wheels, no Trailer-Tow this time (the prominent hitch is really ugly).

I should have it this Monday.

I have to admit that an incredible lease deal was a significant motivator ($100 cheaper than what I'm paying now for the same 2011 MKX). I drove one with the 22" wheels before I bought it and it feels about the same, except I did notice more lateral vibration. Time will tell, but I thought I'd give them a shot instead of fretting about it. I need something to make me feel like I'm buying something new, ha!

Anyway, I'll have pics eventually.

• Like 3

The 2013 Lincoln MKX!

Yep, decided to skip the MKZ and stick with the MKX and just wait it out for the next-gen MKX (or MKC). There is no way I'm going to be happy with a car, I need the space and height.

Fully-loaded, Black/Light Stone, Adaptive Cruise, 22" wheels, no Trailer-Tow this time (the prominent hitch is really ugly).

I should have it this Monday.

I have to admit that an incredible lease deal was a significant motivator ($100 cheaper than what I'm paying now for the same 2011 MKX). I drove one with the 22" wheels before I bought it and it feels about the same, except I did notice more lateral vibration. Time will tell, but I thought I'd give them a shot instead of fretting about it. I need something to make me feel like I'm buying something new, ha!

Anyway, I'll have pics eventually.

the lease deals are flat out scary good right now...mucho congrats...

Congrats, BORG! so after this lease is up, you'll have 3 choices probably:

- the MKC- the CD4.2 MKX- a new Aviator

Thanks. I'm counting on it, I'll be watching very closely in January for that MKC, although I'm hoping the timing on the next-gen MKX is just right for me so I can get into one as soon as their available at the end of my lease.

Lets hope this version of the My Lincoln touch works out better for you...

LOL, actually my Navigation system failed in my 2011 MKX which is why I found myself back at the dealership, and ended up finding a car after talking to a sales rep.

Unfortunately, while they upgraded MyFord touch to the 3.5, it didn't fix the Navigation fault, nor did they bother to confirm if the fault was fixed before they sent me on my way (yes they gave me the new SD card, remember the problem preceded that). They told me it needs another software fix, and after 2-hours of upgrading MFT with the anticipation that I was picking up a new car next week, I passed. Sadly, the dealer trade fell through and now I'm back to square one...and a broken Navigation system that needs another dealer visit. Gah, MFT kicked me on my way in and again on my way out.

I'm probably going to be shopping around a bit more, my lease is due Feb 19th so I still have time, I probably won't find the time to fix the Navigation so I'll just use my iPhone or iPad...which works much better anyway. The only feature I'm really missing now is the speed-limit indicator in the IP, which I've grown dependent on...so now I have to look for the damn street signs...so primitive ;)

Anyway, this is what I'm greeted with every-time I start my car...and the car is permanently located infront of Ford World Headquarters in Dearborn. Anybody know about this? Is it a TSB? I did have problems in the weeks leading up to a total failure, I was updated to 3.2.

50453027-3330-4987-9B32-1A7691B49FCD.JPG

btw, this was the vehicle I test drove and what my copy would have looked like. I still may order one.

3FC7B814-8B1E-4439-B1FE-5DDE475FBFAA.JPG

Edited by BORG