ProClip USA Phone mount for 2013 Fusion

JSKershaw

Hey guys,

I have had a couple of these phone mounts for various cars I have owned, and here's a great video of one of the two car mounts available for the Fusion. This is the one I will be buying for my phone. I love the location of this mount compared to the other mount that places it over the center vent.

More information is found here.

http://www.proclipusa.com/

Remember this is a two piece mount. You need the mount made for your car then the mount made for your type of phone.

• Like 1

It does seem steep, but don't forget that if you change your phone you only need to change the phone adapter and not the car clip. Most people change phones every two years or so, but you normally keep you car over 6-7 years on average. Like I said in my previous post these mounts are great and my wife currently uses one in her Elantra.

Sure you may only need to purchase the vehicle mount once but you may have to buy a new phone mount if you change your phone or even your phone case. That's just too pricey. I picked up a great mount over Christmas for on Sale for $9.99 and I love it. It's adjustable for virtually any phone and case. Sturdy and stays attached like a rock. Now it's back up to $19.99 and out of stock last I checked.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875986115

Edited by Jamers

Sure you may only need to purchase the vehicle mount once but you may have to buy a new phone mount if you change your phone or even your phone case. That's just too pricey. I picked up a great mount over Christmas for on Sale for $9.99 and I love it. It's adjustable for virtually any phone and case. Sturdy and stays attached like a rock. Now it's back up to $19.99 and out of stock last I checked.

That's the one I just bought. It's great.....so I second that opinion. :)

Where do you mount yours? Seems like the only place in the Fusion that it would work would be on top of the dash, and I am not sure I like that placement and look versus the proclip. Of course the price difference is pretty significant.

Here's a 10% off code: CES2013

Thank you good sir! I had looked around for a coupon earlier with no success, all the ones i found were expired.

edit: I went ahead and bought it, I figure as much as I'm in my car and as much as I use my phone it'll be worth it. I hate the suction cup holders, I've bought several and never had good luck with them.

Edited by Camride
  • Like 1

Do you think this will work with a Motorola Atrix 2 with an otterbox case (the thinner case)? It is not listed as a phone in the description but it looks like a similar size/shape as an iPhone 5.

I think you will have to call or email them. I only see the Atrix 4G (is this the Atrix 2?) listed and they don't list the "adjustable" one as an option for this phone.

You will need the adjustable one if you have a case on the phone.

Edited by JSKershaw

Depends... Do you have a case on your phone or not? If you have a case and you don't want to keep removing it to place it in the holder then choose "with a case"

No case. That's the thing, it seems like I have to choose a manufacturer first, then the model. Do I have to look at every manufacturers models?

No case. That's the thing, it seems like I have to choose a manufacturer first, then the model. Do I have to look at every manufacturers models?

Once you choose Apple then you will see all the versions of iPhone docks available.

This is what I found for the iPhone 4S

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.asp?sectionpath=383&lightwindow=true&processor=asp&asp_processor=product&action=proclipcategorysearch&countryid=998&d_pcat=13759&d_cat=18229&have_mount=true&have_holder=false&p_pageid=1&dtype=&leftorright=

I like the ones with horizontal support, since I intend to use my iPhone with Google Maps for navigation.

Guest auser99

I have navigation in my 2013 FFH, however I prefer using the Waze app on my iPhone 5. I enjoy the live updates from other drivers and notifications of cops/speed traps. So, having said that.. I just ordered a ProClip. My current dash mount is obnoxious and I like this one as it sits out of the way.

I have navigation in my 2013 FFH, however I prefer using the Waze app on my iPhone 5. I enjoy the live updates from other drivers and notifications of cops/speed traps. So, having said that.. I just ordered a ProClip. My current dash mount is obnoxious and I like this one as it sits out of the way.

Post some pics of all the pieces that come with your order, and the final installed pic. I am considering this one too. Do you use a case with your iPhone? I don't use a case. I'm interested to see how it all fits together and what the USB cord run should look like (i.e., does the cord attach permanently to the clip so you can tuck the phone into clip and lightning connector at same time, or do you have to attach the cord to the phone and then the phone to the clip in a two step process).

• 1 month later...