Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Received a call from the VP at the dealership last night. He has been very proactive and straight up with me. Thats all I can ask for. He advised me that my Titanium will go into production March 4th, and will take approximately 6 weeks from that point. Now the question is, do I wait? Do I jump ship and go to another manufacturer? Or do I just wait a couple of months, and the 2014's will out? I have an Ford Edge and a Ford Fusion Hybrid right now, and just wanted to stick with a union made American product. Ford really screwed this one up for alot of people out there. It's not just the people that are going to walk away. These people won't be coming back. The people buying the Ti's are the people with the money. Your only as good as the last meal you served. Shame.

Received a call from the VP at the dealership last night. He has been very proactive and straight up with me. Thats all I can ask for. He advised me that my Titanium will go into production March 4th, and will take approximately 6 weeks from that point. Now the question is, do I wait? Do I jump ship and go to another manufacturer? Or do I just wait a couple of months, and the 2014's will out? I have an Ford Edge and a Ford Fusion Hybrid right now, and just wanted to stick with a union made American product. Ford really screwed this one up for alot of people out there.

Have you seen the job 1 date for the 2014 models? I wouldn't expect them until September/October but that's just a guess.

You do realize that the Fusion is made in Mexico and the workers are not part of the UAW, right?

And I think it's safe to say that Ford knows exactly how big they screwed up here on both the Fusion and MKZ. Hopefully they'll do something extra for those who had to wait.

Long, Akirby, Agree with you both. I think the first mistake Ford made was not to plan on a Titanium version of the Hybrid or Energi, but they did figure that out and they listened to their customers, adding it to their line, although it is taking a long time. Ford has had a number of issues with the new Fusion that I know that they did not want to see. I also know they are working hard to ensure these and other issues don't come up again and that might have something to do with the delay. I do feel they need to be more forth coming on schedules and reasons for delays with the customers (and I have told them that). It is harder to wait when you think each day you may hear something and then you don't. I think the Fusion is an incredible car, high tech, awesome styling and luxury at a great price. It will do well, we just need the Energi and Hybrid Titaniums to get here :)

My most fundamental problem with waiting was the continuing depreciation on my Prius. When I bought it, used hybrids were at a premium, but today they are depreciating quickly as the market is being flooded with them. In just a few months I took a $2K hit from the appraisal I had done in November, and I could not have waited for the new models without creating a situation in which I was financing far more than I wanted to.

Have you seen the job 1 date for the 2014 models? I wouldn't expect them until September/October but that's just a guess.

You do realize that the Fusion is made in Mexico and the workers are not part of the UAW, right?

And I think it's safe to say that Ford knows exactly how big they screwed up here on both the Fusion and MKZ. Hopefully they'll do something extra for those who had to wait.

Taylorjd is 100% correct. Waiting for the 14's is just a thought. Possibly a matter of prudent patience. I know how serious Ford is about thier quality control. It's important to have that security when putting out the cash that we all are doing. I took home my 2010 FFH in November of 2009 and I still am very happy with it and have no problem keeping it awhile longer. Great piece of technology and foresight on the part of Ford's R&D. This is why I jumped on the 2013 Ti, having it's new style and technology. As far as the Fusions being fabricated in Herm. Mexico right now, you are correct. This I believe was a consession by the UAW. But it is my understanding, which I may be wrong, that the UAW has an agreement (which is underway now) to move the fabrication of the Fusions from Mexico to it's Flat Rock, Mich. plant. Please check on it and let me know if it is just rumors.

Anyway, with that said. Congrats to the people with the Energi Ti's being scheduled and lets all stay in touch and hope for better dates to come on the Hybrid Ti's.

But it is my understanding, which I may be wrong, that the UAW has an agreement (which is underway now) to move the fabrication of the Fusions from Mexico to it's Flat Rock, Mich. plant. Please check on it and let me know if it is just rumors.

True, but the Hybrids and Energis will still be built in Mexico. I think the Flat Rock plant is meant to supplement Fusion production and not completely replace the Mexico plant.

True, but the Hybrids and Energis will still be built in Mexico. I think the Flat Rock plant is meant to supplement Fusion production and not completely replace the Mexico plant.

There was no UAW concession. Ford decided to build the new Fusion and MKZ in Hermosillo back in 2005 and they moved the current Focus production that was there back to the U.S. at that time. Ford exports the Fusion to South America and there is no tariff for vehicles produced in Mexico whereas there is a big tariff for U.S. produced vehicles. Ford is expanding Fusion production to Flat Rock because they need the added volume and Flat Rock is available since Mazda pulled out. It will simply supplement the current Hermosillo production and I believe all hybrids and energis and MKZs will still be built in Hermosillo. Hermosillo is limited to about 300K vehicles per year including exports so they need 2 plants.

Received a call from the VP at the dealership last night. He has been very proactive and straight up with me. Thats all I can ask for. He advised me that my Titanium will go into production March 4th, and will take approximately 6 weeks from that point. Now the question is, do I wait? Do I jump ship and go to another manufacturer? Or do I just wait a couple of months, and the 2014's will out? I have an Ford Edge and a Ford Fusion Hybrid right now, and just wanted to stick with a union made American product. Ford really screwed this one up for alot of people out there. It's not just the people that are going to walk away. These people won't be coming back. The people buying the Ti's are the people with the money. Your only as good as the last meal you served. Shame.

Wonder where He got that info?

My understanding is that dealers have access to all cars that are being scheduled weekly on Thursdays. predicting a March build in January seems far out? Maybe he means Feb 4???

This post on another website outlines the process pretty well.

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

Edited by chuckokie36

So I went to talk to my dealer today to find out what they know about the start of production for the Hybrid Titanium.

He showed me an email that he received yesterday from Ford that said scheduling will being 2/14 for Hybrid Titanium and production begins 3/4.

He also mentioned something interesting, for the first too weeks of a new production run they may only build orders for dealers to work out any kinks in the line before they start building customer orders. I said shouldn't they have worked out most kinks during Job 1 and I've seen Energi Titanium's that already have a VIN, though not sure if they have a build date before 3/4.

Guess we just have to wait a couple more weeks to find out if scheduling really begins on 2/14.

I also asked about the $750 coupon I have that expires on 3/10. He said don't worry about the expiration, as Ford will honor it since the order was placed during the time it was valid. Hope that is true.

The dealer is wrong about building dealer order cars only. That only happens at job 1 but seems to be a common misconception.

Last time I checked the individual offers could not be locked in at order time, only the regular rebates and other incentives. You might want to have them double check that or call Ford to confirm.

And to think my dealership told me 6-8 weeks for my Hybrid Titanium. He did say "it could be longer" but this is a little ridiculous.

I was told that my Titanium order would only be a few weeks behind my original order. That original car was in and out of there ages ago. They really just don't know, and they give you their best guess.

I don't know how you did this but I LIKE IT! And I agree with you about wishing all Titaniums had integrated dual chrome exhaust pipe tips. I like the symatry and it's good for the Ford folks to know it. Way to go taylorjd.

PluggedIn, I am sure it is too late for the Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titaniums that are coming out soon, but maybe not for late this year, so If you think there should be Dual Integrated Tailpipes for the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titanium? Please read more and add your LIKE and Comments to http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium//?emailid=fs-auto-yri-acc

• Like 2

PluggedIn, I am sure it is too late for the Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titaniums that are coming out soon, but maybe not for late this year, so If you think there should be Dual Integrated Tailpipes for the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi Titanium? Please read more and add your LIKE and Comments to http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium//?emailid=fs-auto-yri-acc

Jeff, I added my Like and comment to your post on Ford Social. Hope I did it right. BTW my Window Sticker popped up this morning and I updated my Order post on this thread. Sticker link: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0SU2DR242421.

My comment, on Ford Social, has not appeared yet. There was a note that they would check my comment before the posted it, so it may take awhile to appear.

Edited by pluggedin
  • Like 2

With Ford as we all know ....it is a guessing game!

Many of us have the coupons that expired with different dates that keep expiring since the production date has moved from late December to January to February and now March 4

Very questionable that you will receive your car by 4/1 since the new build date is 3/4 unless things go extremely smoothly, which hasn't happened yet !

Edited by chuckokie36