Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

I got the word today there is an official hold on scheduling Hybrid Titanium's until further notice. It was sent to all dealers in their commodity's letter.

FORD DEALERS
COMMODITY AND CONSTRAINT LETTER – FEBRUARY PRODUCTION = WEEKS 3 - 6
Until further notice Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (POR) retail or stock will not be available for scheduling.
Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S) will not be selected for scheduling.
Looks like "pluggedin" is is the only one to get an energi scheduled congrats, Pluggedin!
So..... we all wait with the scheduling and build dates up in the air.
Edited by chuckokie36

I got the word today there is an official hold on scheduling Hybrid Titanium's until further notice. It was sent to all dealers in their commodity's letter.

FORD DEALERS
Until further notice Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (POR) retail or stock will not be available for scheduling.
Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S) will not be selected for scheduling.
Looks like "pluggedin" is is the only one to get an energi scheduled congrats, Pluggedin!
So..... we all wait with the scheduling and build dates up in the air.

Hmmmm, is that good news for me, or bad news, I wonder? What does "Okay to Buy" mean? Are there product quality issues here? I sure hope not, because I not a very good guinea pig. I am truly sorry to hear such news, especially for you Hybrid buyers because you have been waiting longer than any of us. Let's hope this all resolves quickly.

FORD DEALERS

The way I read this is they are not scheduling Titanium Hybrid orders between January 13 (ww3) - February 9 (ww6).

From the e-mail from Ford the dealer showed me they would begin scheduling on February 14 (ww7) so it really doesn't worry me.

What will worry me if we don't start seeing Ti Hybrid orders being scheduled around February 14th.

I got my coupon about a week ago with an expiration date of 3/4/13 on it. Looks like they extend them as they mail them.

I got another private $750 "coupon" via email and forwarded it to my dealership. They forwarded it to the Ford representative and I am waiting for the response. I asked if Ford will honor it since the order was placed and delivery is extended past the deadline date.

Hmmmm, is that good news for me, or bad news, I wonder? What does "Okay to Buy" mean? Are there product quality issues here? I sure hope not, because I not a very good guinea pig. I am truly sorry to hear such news, especially for you Hybrid buyers because you have been waiting longer than any of us. Let's hope this all resolves quickly.

I'm not an expert on this, but from the explanation I received from my dealership OK TO BUY means that Ford has worked out the kinks in production after doing dealer stock and is ready for customer orders. Maybe someone else has a better explanation.

I got another private $750 "coupon" via email and forwarded it to my dealership. They forwarded it to the Ford representative and I am waiting for the response. I asked if Ford will honor it since the order was placed and delivery is extended past the deadline date.

Yes, I got one of those as well. Let us know the outcome.

I'm not an expert on this, but from the explanation I received from my dealership OK TO BUY means that Ford has worked out the kinks in production after doing dealer stock and is ready for customer orders. Maybe someone else has a better explanation.

Close. It means they stop holding cars for inspection and start shipping them directly from the assembly line. They don't start building retail orders until OK to Buy.

They usually only do this for job 1. This is the first time I've heard about OK to Buy for a different model.

That makes sense, I guess. What that explanation means to me, though, is that they are still LEARNING how to manufacture the Titanium model. Ouch!

Akirby posted before I could post so I am adding this. It's kinda good to know they are making sure things are right on the Titanium model before it leaves the assembly line until they get their act together on whatever issues they are experiencing. Slows thing down some but delivers a better product overall, I'm sure.

Edited by pluggedin
  • Like 1

Close. It means they stop holding cars for inspection and start shipping them directly from the assembly line. They don't start building retail orders until OK to Buy.

They usually only do this for job 1. This is the first time I've heard about OK to Buy for a different model.

The energi model would be a large change from the regular hybrid, a much different electric drive train, so I would suspect a closer scrutiny, the Titanium hybrid on the other hand is just a trim change from the SE Hybrid.

Edited by chuckokie36

The energi model would be a large change from the regular hybrid, a much different electric drive train, so I would suspect a closer scrutiny, the Titanium hybrid on the other hand is just a trim change from the SE Hybrid.

What I am hoping is that they have worked through all the non-drivetrain issues (panel alignment, headlights, etc) on the gas-powered Fusions, and most of the hybrid issues as well, so all they need to get right at this point is the new larger battery unit and the revised software.

If I were really risk-averse, I would wait a year before jumping into a Fusion Energi. But I have waited several years already for a plug-in, keeping my previous car longer than I planned to, and I don't want to wait until 2014. C'mon, Ford, go for great quality in year-1!

Raised elsewhere but perhaps there is sufficient difference between the S/SE hybrid and the Ti (push button start) to require additional quality control or software adjustment?

Or perhaps there is a commodities constraint given the shared platform and the glut of product they had collecting dust in lots in Mexico?

Whatever the delay ... I'll take it over a troubled car.

Model: Deep Impact Blue 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
Date Ordered: 1/10/12
Promised Delivery time: 6 - 20 weeks

VIN Available: not yet
Window Sticker Available: not yet
Scheduled Build Week: TBD
Scheduled Build Date: TBD
Actual Build Date: TBD
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD
Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date: TBD
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: TX

I've found 4 VINs Fusion Energi SEs for Central Texas dealer lots and all four have been built: 3fa6p0pu6dr234735, 3fa6p0pu2dr234733, 3fa6p0pu0dr234732, 3fa6p0pu9dr234700

New info: I now see two VINs for Energi Ti for central Texas dealer stock: 3fa6p0su8dr241760 and 3fa6p0suxdr241761. Neither shows as built yet.

And no soup... err no VIN for mine.

Edited by shaggy314

OK, latest info on Hybrid Ti schedule and build dates.

My dealer has been very good to follow up and let me know what HE KNOWS.

The word today is- as verified by Ford Regional that scheduling is 2/14 and build starts 3/4. this sort of confirms the other rumors that have been posted elsewhere.

But as we all know, "it ain't over till it's over"

I'll be waiting to see cyberdman's posts