Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Just an FYI: doing searches for VINs and found 11 Fusion Energi Titaniums for my area (Maryland), but no build dates issues yet. This makes me feel we are close.

https://twitter.com/Jeff_D_Taylor/status/298480254291415040/photo/1

Apparently the cars show up on the dealer websites when the Window Stickers become available. My Sticker showed up last week and my car was on the dealer site even though it not built yet. A note on a picture of my car, on the site, says "Dealer Ordered"...whatever that means.

My build week is supposed to be this week, :worship: , so we will see if it makes it through production or if it was caught up in one of the rumored delays. :drop:

I had a lot of experiences looking up cars that were supposed to be at the dealer's site only to discover that they were not yet built or in transit. I ended up with the car I got after I decided to only make inquiries about the ones with actual pictures showing the car on the dealer's lot. There are very, very few of those on Cars.com.

I did find this one that has a build of 01/30/2013, so they must be building :) (VIN Number: 3FA6P0SUXDR235152)

Primary Features

Build Date: 30.01.2013

Vehicle Line: Transit Connect 2002-

Body Style: 4 Door Saloon

Series: Series 55

Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric

Transmission: ECVT Auto Trans Power Split S/Wir

Drive: LHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 2.91 Final Drive Ratio

Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements

Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C

Paint: White Platinum

Edited by taylorjd

?.. the Hybrids are considered a commodity ...

What does that mean?

In my industry, something is commoditized if it is not differentiated; any brand will do, since they're all the same. But it sounds like this is a different meaning for the word. Can someone please define it for me?

I got a twitter reply from Samantha Hoyt (Ford Fusion Marketing Manager), saying Ford Fusion Energi Titaniums show room "arrival likely mid to late March"

1. battlestar_badge-300x300_normal.jpgJD Taylor @Jeff_D_Taylor JD Taylor @Jeff_D_Taylor

I found 3 VIN #s issued for #FordFusion #Energi Titaniums in MD and VA. Could they be is the showrooms soon? @FordService @Ford@sammyhoyt

2. 3uzxkacgsmntlnm2rb8s_normal.jpegSamantha Hoyt@sammyhoyt Samantha Hoyt @sammyhoyt

@Jeff_D_Taylor yes arrival likely mid to late March, same thing we've been saying. I cannot give a specific time.

Edited by taylorjd

The question becomes how soon after you get unscheduled - clean do you get a VIN number, and then scheduled?
No one knows ... appears to vary by when they allow one to order and when they start production.

In the hybrid Ti's case some have had such a designation on their orders for the past 3 months ... there doesn't appear to be any set interval (ie it is generally 14-21 days after that one gets scheduled, etc).

Hope to see such designation for these cars changed soon :-)

Edited by Pers69

Heard from my dealership today after calling them Saturday. He spoke to someone at Ford and told me that the Hybrids are considered a commodity and are on hold, probably due to high volume of the non-hybrid Fusion models.

I posted this earlier but here it goes again, If you want to understand the ins and outs of Ford scheduling and production read this post from another forum.

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

Also the dealers get a commodity letter each week outlining those models and parts that are in short supply or constrained, below is part of a dealers commodity letter.

I have only included a small portion of the Fusion list (It covers all models.)

FORD DEALERS

COMMODITY AND CONSTRAINT LETTER – FEBRUARY PRODUCTION = WEEKS 3 – 6

FUSION – Commodities will vary by dealer

On January 31 – Scheduling Unscheduled Allocation in Week 5

Orders with Ginger Ale Paint (JY) are now being selected for scheduling.

Until further notice, Fusion Titanium Hybrid orders (P0R), retail or stock, will not be available for

scheduling.

Until the Okay to Buy has been achieved, retail Fusion Energi PHEV orders (P0P or P0S) will not be selected for scheduling.

REGIONAL CONTROLLED COMMODITIES:

* If underlined, Commodities are allocated by SIMS to the Dealer level

Style 2 Alloy 18 Wheel – D2ULB – (64B) - Optional with 205A or 505A

1.6 PI TC I4 Ethnl – EN-RN – (99R)

2.0L TIVCT GTDI T/C 240PS GAS - EN-R9 – (999)

2.5L DOHC PFI 4 Cyl Gas - EN-S7 – (997)

Gas/Electric Hybrid – GBVAZ - (P0L & P0R)

Hybrid less Tech Pkg – OBD8Y – (P0L w/503A less 14L)

Series 5 – VS-DA – (P0G - S Series)

Edited by chuckokie36
  • Like 2

What does that mean?

In my industry, something is commoditized if it is not differentiated; any brand will do, since they're all the same. But it sounds like this is a different meaning for the word. Can someone please define it for me?

OK, I just read the explanation that chuckokie36 linked to, and it answered my question.

In case anyone else was wondering, when they say "commodity" they mean some sort of material that is in short supply. Not zero supply, that would cause a material hold, but in short supply, so it affects scheduling. The linked explanation goes into glorious detail on the scheduling process. Thanks for re-posting, chuckokie!

LED taillights?

I had previously seen the 18" wheels were a delayed commodity.

Would that they allowed some freedom for the hybrid and Energi Ti trim. At least the hybrid is permitted the 18".

I wonder if they are limiting the Energi to 17" given the hubbub that has already erupted with mpg seen with the SE hybrid?

Edited by Pers69

Model: Ingot Silver 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium (driver assist, adaptive cruise, navigation, moonroof)
Date Ordered: 02/06/2013
Promised Delivery time: none, but sales rep said "maybe not until April"

VIN Available: not yet
Window Sticker Available: not yet
Scheduled Build Week: TBD
Scheduled Build Date: TBD
Actual Build Date: TBD
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD
Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date:
Estimated Delivery Date:
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: CA

I ordered mine on 11/15/2012 and it says Job #2. What Job # do you all have? And does anyone know what that means in terms of time to Build or Delivery?

I asked Ford Service about Job # 1 and Job # 2 and they said "... The Job #’s don’t necessarily effect the build dates.

Once building has begun, it’s an estimated 8 weeks until delivery. Feel free to continue checking back for any updates! ^NM"

Hope that means Job # 2 will come very close to Job # 1. I added "JOB: Job # 2" to my listing at the beginning of this thread. So maybe we can see when and why some have Job # 1 or Job # 2.

Model: Deep Impact Blue 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Date Ordered: 11/06/2012

JOB: Job # 2
Promised Delivery time: none

Window Sticker Available:
Estimated Delivery Date:
Estimated Delivery Date:
State: MD

Edited by Fastronaut

Model: 2013 Sterling Grey Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Date Ordered: 11/18/2012

Promised Delivery time: 8-10 Weeks (Production Start Mid-December)

Window Sticker Available:

Estimated Delivery Date:

Estimated Delivery Date:

State: NY

I would like to see this thread continue with updates. We could all get an idea when dates start coming in.

Hi,

I'm interested in your order, as I also ordered an Energi Ti - Sterling Grey.

The order guide doesn't show Sterling Grey as available on the titanium model, and the web site wouldn't let you configure it. But I requested it, my dealer ordered it on 1/28, and I don't know whether it will be scheduled or kicked back.

The vehicle order confirmation they sent me shows job #2, but it also shows order #9999. Not sure what that means as it's the first Ford I've ordered.

Anyhow, waiting to see...