On the fence about ordering a MKZ

I am a long time fan of Lincoln and Ford, but have been driving mostly imports for the past 20 years. I would like to buy a large sedan. The MKS is a nice car, but I don't find it particularly appealing.

I currently have a 2012 Audi A6, and have had zero problems. I am trying to justify buying a new Lincoln. A MKZ Hybrid would offer me better mileage. I did own a Fusion Hybrid, and liked it.

I am also considering a Flex or a MKT. A MKT would offer more room, and make a great trip car, but the MKT seems to be unpopular.

I picked up the MKZ brochure, but haven't seen one in person. I obtained an X-plan pin number (stockholder).

I am hoping for someone to give me a positive push in ordering a MKZ.

Any thoughts? Why did you order the MKZ without a test drive?

I am a long time fan of Lincoln and Ford, but have been driving mostly imports for the past 20 years. I would like to buy a large sedan. The MKS is a nice car, but I don't find it particularly appealing.

I currently have a 2012 Audi A6, and have had zero problems. I am trying to justify buying a new Lincoln. A MKZ Hybrid would offer me better mileage. I did own a Fusion Hybrid, and liked it.

I am also considering a Flex or a MKT. A MKT would offer more room, and make a great trip car, but the MKT seems to be unpopular.

I picked up the MKZ brochure, but haven't seen one in person. I obtained an X-plan pin number (stockholder).

That's a really good question. We were looking for an entry level luxury that is hybrid. The only few that would fit this would be the MKZ, Kia Optima ( maybe not luxurious enough), and the Lexus ES. I would say the Kia is on the lower end of the spectrum as far as luxury goes. We've test driven one and didn't like the slow response of the acceleration. The dashboard and steering wheel was too cluttered for our taste. The next choice was Lexus ES 300H, The hybrid system was another 2-3k more. Some of the options that we wanted was in the next package but half of those options we didn't really need. Also, that center dashboard clock is just weird and out of place. I didn't like the bamboo type veneer-like finish they use to accent the interior. We test drove the 2012 MKZ hybrid and the feel was right. It was very smooth and comfortable. It wasn't sporty like the ES but that's not we were looking for. The MKZ has a lot of standard options that were upgrades in the other vehicles. There is no premium price on the hybrid system versus the gas. After reading numerous reviews bad and good. We went with the 2013 MKZ hybrid. After finally seeing the vehicle in person this weekend( Portland auto show where I spent like 4 hours there drooling), we felt we made the right purchasing decision. Now just another month and it should be ready. I hope this fills in some questions or gives you our perspective on why we went with the MKZ. Good luck with your research and I hope this is some what inciteful for you.

Happy to provide my thoughts as well. I went with the MKZ because most important Lincoln was not screwing people on pricing just because they wanted a hybrid. Ford and most every other company was jacking up pricing for the hybrid version. Next I loved the interior, the movement of the shifter made all the difference in the world I think in comfort inside. The front seats are really nice and styling overall is great. One word of caution, if you will have three or more adults riding often, you may want to rethink this car. The back seat is not roomy! It is ok, I am 6"0 about 195 and I barely fit in the back seat and my head brushes the headliner above. I really enjoy the technology and ease to use. It has a great ride, very quiet which was a key factor to me. I have driven one for about an hour, and confirmed to me I made the right choice!

• Like 1