Never bought a Lincoln Before

Having never owned or Pre-ordered a Lincoln before, I was wondering if there is a standard process that the dealership uses to turn over a car to a customer. I would imagine this is probably a pretty dealership centric process one not governed by Lincoln.

Anyone out there that has gone through this process or has recommendations that I should follow as I accept delivery of this new car??

Edited by tanner83

Having never owned or Pre-ordered a Lincoln before, I was wondering if there is a standard process that that dealership uses to turn over a car to a customer. I would imagine this is probably a pretty dealership centric process one not governed by Lincoln.

Anyone out there that has gone through this process or has recommendations that I should follow as I accept delivery of this new car??

Same I've never own a Lincoln before but I'm sure the process is the same. When we took delivery of our Toyota, we finish up the paper work, went out to the car. From there I did some last minute inspections in case there was something I might have missed. They showed me how to start the car, showed me where every thing is, and things like procedure to jump start the 12V battery in case I need it. The whole process took no more than 30minutes. I think the MKZ is going to take a bit longer. I need to set the ecoguide dash which I will definitely need help on. I've been trying to see which screen I would like more. Also I would like them to walk me through the MLT and perhaps sync my phone and upload address/contacts for me. Oh and I noticed there is a MLT/MFT class offered there at my dealer every month so that helps if I needed futher help ( but I have you guys right? :P )

Edited by Serraph

So here is what I am hoping for....

0800 - Lincoln Dealership person arrives my home to pick me and take me to the dealership

0830-0900 - Orange Juice, Bagels and a long look at my MKZ

0900-1000 - First Test Drive in my new MKZ Hybrid (I would push for going solo, but if someone has to go with me so be it.)

1000-1100 - Paperwork

1100-1300 - Familiariziation both with the maintenance, MLT/Sync, Engine, and Service departments(I am hoping that a knowledgeable person not a salesperson will be performing this task)

1300 - 1400 Initial Configuration of MLT, EcoScreens, etc...

1400 - Drive off in my new car!!

Hmm, you know thinking about this I should just send this to my dealer so that they know what I want rather than trying to read my mind.

I don't know is that to much to ask????? ROFLMAO

Edited by tanner83

0800 - Lincoln Dealership person arrives my home to pick me and take me to the dealership

0900-1000 - First Test Drive in my new MKZ Hybrid (I would push for going solo, but if someone has to go with me so be it.)

1000-1100 - Paperwork

1100-1300 - Familiariziation both with the maintenance, MLT/Sync, Engine, and Service departments(I am hoping that a knowledgeable person not a salesperson will be performing this task)

Hmm, you know thinking about this I should just send this to my dealer so that they know what I want rather than trying to read my mind.

Wow, does that really take that long? >.>

Oh, do they come and pick you up? That would help a lot in my case. We're about 1hour away from them though. The local dealer here wasn't very sincere in earning our business so we went elsewhere.

Edited by Serraph

1000-1100 - Paperwork

What? No Luncheon?!?

nor "second breakfast"/"elevenses" either??