Screen Protector for the MKZ 8 Inch Screen

In several reviews I have seen that the MLT 8 inch screen is poorly positioned(angled) and is quite the finger magnet. Has anyone with a MLT/MFT screen in a previous car ever put a screen protector on this screen similiar to what many do with their smart phones??

I just asked that in the Fusion/MKZ one jokingly. You can use the Fusion one since they are the same size.

I don't know, I'm use to using touch devices and I always have a means to keep my screens cleaned (my sleeve or the edge of my palm). For my cars, I keep a small microfiber wipe in my center console, I'd prefer not to apply any unauthorized protectors on my screen since it often causes more harm then good, especially since the display is plastic and the car's interior temperature is so extreme.

I don't know, I'm use to using touch devices and I always have a means to keep my screens cleaned (my sleeve or the edge of my palm). For my cars, I keep a small microfiber wipe in my center console, I'd prefer not to apply any unauthorized protectors on my screen since it often causes more harm then good, especially since the display is plastic and the car's interior temperature is so extreme.

Completely unfounded worry. The screen protector on my Edge has been working just fine since I put it on over 2 years ago and the benefits have been well worth the trivial cost and ease of installation.

Completely unfounded worry. The screen protector on my Edge has been working just fine since I put it on over 2 years ago and the benefits have been well worth the trivial cost and ease of installation.

Have you removed it?

And how does it control the reflectivity of the screen? It's already so anti-reflective to the point it actually refracts too much light and washes out the screen. You can't really change those properties since it's built into the resistive layer over the screen.

Have you removed it?

And how does it control the reflectivity of the screen? It's already so anti-reflective to the point it actually refracts too much light and washes out the screen. You can't really change those properties since it's built into the resistive layer over the screen.

Why would I remove it? If I did, I'm sure an alcohol wipe would remove any residue from the screen. It's what came with the cover and what I used to clean the screen prior to applying it. If anything, the protector cuts down on glare making it more visible in certain lighting situations compared to without it. The surface is far less reflective than without the cover.

• 3 weeks later...

Hadn't even thought about this. I figured a microfiber cloth would do to keep things cleaned. I've never experienced the glare issue with my tablet or iPhone before. I'll have to keep this as something I might do once my MKZ is delivered (whenever that might be) ;)

The sales person told me the Dayvue version wouldn't really help with finger prints because it has a more glossy surface compared with the other model which would show less fingerprints but be a bit harder to see in daylight.

Morning SMSGT, actually just getting it put on as we speak since I am having the windows tinted I asked the guy if he would also apply this to the MLT screen. I will send a pic when they are done.

Did you call Kevin like I suggested to follow up on your car?

Morning SMSGT, actually just getting it put on as we speak since I am having the windows tinted I asked the guy if he would also apply this to the MLT screen. I will send a pic when they are done. Did you call Kevin like I suggested to follow up on your car?

How much is your tint costing? I haven't ask the local guys here yet but they did my previous car perfectly.

Morning SMSGT, actually just getting it put on as we speak since I am having the windows tinted I asked the guy if he would also apply this to the MLT screen. I will send a pic when they are done.Did you call Kevin like I suggested to follow up on your car?

Does the screen help with the glare?