Did Ford show the next generation Edge in January Conference Powerpoint Slides?

LOL! Did i do that? After years of lurking on this site, i don't think i could of picked a better first post than that!

Anyways, if you want to find some clues as to when the new Edge might be going into production, look to this CAW PDF.

http://www.caw.ca/assets/images/34898_CAW-Ford_Report-Updated_0925.pdf

It says the CD4.2 platform (i.e. Edge) will launch in 2014.

Well done indeed. I look at Corporate.Ford regularly but not the Investor ppt's. I see way too much of that at work :) Good eye!

Did you notice the Nano head work to start?

Edited by Hugh

I wonder if at some point we will see new Lincolns debut before their platform-mate Ford vehicles?

could happen sooner but per an online document

the CD4 MKZ is/was scheduled for Q3 2017

a full year before the CD4 Fusion of Q3 2018

I wonder if at some point we will see new Lincolns debut before their platform-mate Ford vehicles?

could happen sooner but per an online document

the CD4 MKZ is/was scheduled for Q3 2017

a full year before the CD4 Fusion of Q3 2018

LOL! Did i do that? After years of lurking on this site, i don't think i could of picked a better first post than that!

Anyways, if you want to find some clues as to when the new Edge might be going into production, look to this CAW PDF.

http://www.caw.ca/assets/images/34898_CAW-Ford_Report-Updated_0925.pdf

It says the CD4.2 platform (i.e. Edge) will launch in 2014.

Well done indeed. I look at Corporate.Ford regularly but not the Investor ppt's. I see way too much of that at work :) Good eye!

Did you notice the Nano head work to start?

I am going to speculate that since Nano is going to CAW represented plant, I dub Nano the 'new' Windsor motor in honor of the most famous Windsor of 'em all the 351 Windsor V8.

• Like 1

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130213/AUTO0102/302130404/1148/auto01/Ford-accidentally-puts-image-revamped-Edge-display

"...A thumbnail image of a revamped Edge appears on a Ford presentation for the Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference, which took place in Detroit last month.

The image was first pointed out by BlueOvalForums.com..."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130213/AUTO0102/302130404#ixzz2KskyJiKj

Good job Dustyw8 and BORG!!!

I'm sure BON will have more members because of this leak..

I hope Ford give the first new Edge to Dustyw8...

P.S. Forgot to add Richard to the list...

Edited by mettech
  • Like 2

Just curious. If it's so close to launch how come we haven't seen spy photos of mules running around?

There are....there is a shot of an S-Max or Galaxie with a bolted on hood that could be a proof of concept for the Edge...I can't find the photos, but they where posted here in the past 3-4 months

• Like 1

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130213/AUTO0102/302130404/1148/auto01/Ford-accidentally-puts-image-revamped-Edge-display

"...A thumbnail image of a revamped Edge appears on a Ford presentation for the Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference, which took place in Detroit last month.

The image was first pointed out by BlueOvalForums.com..."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130213/AUTO0102/302130404#ixzz2KskyJiKj

Good job Dustyw8 and BORG!!!

I'm sure BON will have more members because of this leak..

I hope Ford give the first new Edge to Dustyw8...

P.S. Forgot to add Richard to the list...

Awesome, glad to see the article was finally updated for BON.

• Like 1

Just curious. If it's so close to launch how come we haven't seen spy photos of mules running around?

I just googled 2015 Edge and the news showed images of a S-Max in Detroit as a possible mule. No camo of this design. BTW for you Richard, I think 'that guy' is using your name on LLN trashing the Edge.

I am going to speculate that since Nano is going to CAW represented plant, I dub Nano the 'new' Windsor motor in honor of the most famous Windsor of 'em all the 351 Windsor V8.

In the UAW agreement, Lima engine plant is indicated as the location of a small V6...

Lima Engine Plant

The popular Duratec 3.5/3.7L V6 continues and a new industry leading

small V6 will be added to the plant at an investment of $400M.

Timeline for production. Retooling is ongoing in a vacant area of OAC. Major retooling scheduled for an extended christmas break this year.

MKX production is to be quite far(6months approx) behind EDGE due to sheetmetal and styling differences. So edge production to start in early spring 2014

Timeline for production. Retooling is ongoing in a vacant area of OAC. Major retooling scheduled for an extended christmas break this year.

MKX production is to be quite far(6months approx) behind EDGE due to sheetmetal and styling differences. So edge production to start in early spring 2014

Lincoln can't routinely discontinue products for extended periods of time like that and hope to survive. If this is how they are doing business, they need their own factory.