New Light & Medium Duty News

38 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Not true, do a search of all my posts it comes up often enough.

the post you zoomed in on was directed at those who constantly suggest that Ford should do this or that to increase sales. You’re missing context by basing opinion on my short handing responses.

It's your story...tell it well.

2 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

JMC is testing a new cab over in China:

http://www.360che.com/tech/211222/168290.html

Kind of interesting to see Ford keep expanding this business in China. The light and medium duty van business in China flies under the radar for the most part but I'm guessing it is probably quite profitable otherwise Farley would have cut it already.

Edited by bzcat

12 minutes ago, 7Mary3 said:

Interesting, but I believe Ford is out of JMC Truck now.  Volvo bought Ford's interest, so I would imagine that JMC trucks will become UD clones more-or-less. 

JMC sold its Heavy duty line, not its light and medium duty line. 

Volvo Trucks renamed that line as well, so any "JMC" branded products you see are from JMC-Ford. 

• Like 2

My understanding is that Volvo Trucks have or will discontinue the manufacture of JMCH models in Taiyuan before commencing manufacture of  heavy-duty Volvo FH, Volvo FM and Volvo FMX trucks for customers in China in late 2022.

I have not found information on the current status of JMCH heavy duty trucks but would be interested to know whether they are still being manufactured.

The JMC Group annual production includes;

• 130,000 light trucks. (up to 9 tonne Gross Vehicle Weight) Ranked No.5 in market segment with 8% market share
  • 65,000 pickups. No.2 in market segment with 14% market share
  • 100,000 light duty buses. No.1 in market segment with 32% market share

20 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

Interesting, but I believe Ford is out of JMC Truck now.  Volvo bought Ford's interest, so I would imagine that JMC trucks will become UD clones more-or-less. 

Ford only sold the heavy truck business. JMC is still Ford's brand for pickup trucks and light/medium duty trucks in China.

https://www.jmc.com.cn/

16 hours ago, PRH60 said:

My understanding is that Volvo Trucks have or will discontinue the manufacture of JMCH models in Taiyuan before commencing manufacture of  heavy-duty Volvo FH, Volvo FM and Volvo FMX trucks for customers in China in late 2022.

I have not found information on the current status of JMCH heavy duty trucks but would be interested to know whether they are still being manufactured.

The JMC Group annual production includes;

• 130,000 light trucks. (up to 9 tonne Gross Vehicle Weight) Ranked No.5 in market segment with 8% market share
  • 65,000 pickups. No.2 in market segment with 14% market share
  • 100,000 light duty buses. No.1 in market segment with 32% market share

Let's not confuse JMCG with JMC... 

JMCG owns part of JMC (~20%) but Ford is the largest and controlling shareholder of JMC (32%).

• JMC makes and sells light and medium duty trucks, vans, and pickup truck; and several Ford models (Territory, Equator, Tourneo, Transit, Everest). Ford counts all the sales of JMC in its Chinese and worldwide sales. 
  • JMCH was a subsidiary of JMC but Ford sold it to Volvo. Pretty sure Volvo will now make its own product instead of Ford Otosan product.
  • JMMC (which JMCG owns but Ford doesn't have any interest in) makes and sells buses. It has nothing to do with JMC or Ford.

1920px-JMCG_assembly_diagram.svg.png

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, akirby said:

Transit fleet sales are cyclical and not spread evenly throughout the year.  Unless you were talking about full year sales?

Also prioritising chips into F Series to maintain 60,000 sales last month, it’s still give and take on what Ford can supply.

Doesn’t Stellantis still record quarterly sales, that would make for an unequal comparison with Ford monthly sales data…

Edited by jpd80

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Medium Duty Sales Nov 2021.pdf

Ill leave this up for a while, get what you need and I’ll take it down

(This list doesn’t include MD vans or buss/RVs)

thx JP-  No Chevy stats for 4,5,6?  Would be interesting to see  how they plus International match up against Ford

By the way back to the F-600 vs 650 question a reliable source told me 600 isn't eating 650 sales, it is eating into 550.  The added gvw gives bucket operators the ability to mount a longer stick assembly.

46 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

thx JP-  No Chevy stats for 4,5,6?  Would be interesting to see  how they plus International match up against Ford

By the way back to the F-600 vs 650 question a reliable source told me 600 isn't eating 650 sales, it is eating into 550.  The added gvw gives bucket operators the ability to mount a longer stick assembly.

Re F550 vs F600, vs F650,  combined F550/F600  were over 5000 sales last month, I vaguely remember that figure for class 5 in better times.

No, the source doesn‘t have GM figures at they still report quarterly, from what I’ve seen, about half F650/F750 sales….

Edited by jpd80

14 hours ago, ice-capades said:

A lot of Rams but I see Prime Transit vans making deliveries to my area on a daily basis.  

I see a lot of Rams, Sprinters, and Transits in Amazon blue, as well as rentals of all kinds being driven by Amazon drivers. I think they're still buying (and renting) whatever they can get their hands on.

• Like 1