New Light & Medium Duty News

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Re F550 vs F600, vs F650,  combined F550/F600  were over 5000 sales last month, I vaguely remember that figure for class 5 in better times.

No, the source doesn‘t have GM figures at they still report quarterly, from what I’ve seen, about half F650/F750 sales….

This was the September quarterly update/comparison.  I don't have breakdowns though.  Q3 numbers on the left, YTD on the right.

image.thumb.png.ddbd6de902bda93fdcadb83299c0b00f.png

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

This was the September quarterly update/comparison.  I don't have breakdowns though.  Q3 numbers on the left, YTD on the right.

image.thumb.png.ddbd6de902bda93fdcadb83299c0b00f.png

Both companies are hit and miss with production this year, I think Ford produced less that 1,000 MDs in November.

Perhaps 60-65% of Ford’s sales is a more accurate assessment…

I figure production of the Silverado Medium Duty and the International CV is probably a 50-50 split between GM and Navistar, so actual production of those trucks is probably double what GM posts.  Also keep in mind these trucks represent class 4 through 6.  

36 minutes ago, 7Mary3 said:

I figure production of the Silverado Medium Duty and the International CV is probably a 50-50 split between GM and Navistar, so actual production of those trucks is probably double what GM posts.  Also keep in mind these trucks represent class 4 through 6.  

I not sure it does because GM splits out its LD, HD and MD truck sales in its quarterly sales figures.

48 minutes ago, 7Mary3 said:

GM announced today that they will have a fully electric Silverado HD on the market by 2035.  They already announced an electric medium duty.  Does Ford have plans for an electric Super Duty?  

Yes it’s part of the blue oval city plan and coming soon not 2035.

1 hour ago, 7Mary3 said:

Ford’s press release said blue oval city would be building F series pickups (not F150).  So I think what they’re saying is they won’t be doing a super duty version of the current Lightning platform.  But it should come at some point on the next Gen platform especially considering the volume they expect out of blue oval city.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Ford’s press release said blue oval city would be building F series pickups (not F150).  So I think what they’re saying is they won’t be doing a super duty version of the current Lightning platform.  But it should come at some point on the next Gen platform especially considering the volume they expect out of blue oval city.

I took the Blue Oval City announcement to mean they eventually would build electric versions of the next generation F-150 but not the current version (Lightning).  The Super Duty has not been mentioned in any press release regarding Blue Oval City yet. 

21 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

I took the Blue Oval City announcement to mean they eventually would build electric versions of the next generation F-150 but not the current version (Lightning).  The Super Duty has not been mentioned in any press release regarding Blue Oval City yet. 

In the meantime, perhaps some Super Duty models could get something like hybrid/PHEV set up to assist with fuel economy 

Edited by jpd80

8 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

But the article specifically references F150 Lightning but then says blue oval city would build next Gen F series.  Why would they say F series if it was truly just F150?

13 hours ago, akirby said:

But the article specifically references F150 Lightning but then says blue oval city would build next Gen F series.  Why would they say F series if it was truly just F150?

I wouldn’t read too much into that, it’s just the way Ford talks about its pickup  plants.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

As well as huge numbers going to Amazon?-of Rams that is.  I know others have posted they have seen Transits in Prime colors but at least around here the fleet appears to be 100% Dodge/Fiat/ Ram/Stellantis-pick a name?

I would say around me it's close to a 50/50 split between Transit and Promaster.