New Light & Medium Duty News

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I hope you're not saying that based on that orange image on the youtube thing that's fake.

Are you sure?  Does look photo-shopped.  Wonder why would they stick a shopped image in that video?

Edited by 7Mary3

Does look a bit weird. But of more interest is the customized mass production abilities of this plant- Ford has an amazing asset here that could be profitably cranking out whole series of medium and heavy trucks. Taken together Ford is already building more trucks in this size range than Volvo or Mack and with a flexible cab unique to medium and heavy trucks Ford could sell over 100,000 a year... Why isn't Ford jumping on this opportunity?  

1 hour ago, 7Mary3 said:

Are you sure?  Does look photo-shopped.  Wonder why would they stick a shopped image in that video?

If we're talking about this....1000%

image.thumb.png.c3124c127816442a0083b8f6f67f4f7f.png

They took an existing Super Duty front end and stretched it to force it to fit.

Look at the Ford emblem, which they didn't even try to get at the right perspective - it's completely straight on.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Does look a bit weird. But of more interest is the customized mass production abilities of this plant- Ford has an amazing asset here that could be profitably cranking out whole series of medium and heavy trucks. Taken together Ford is already building more trucks in this size range than Volvo or Mack and with a flexible cab unique to medium and heavy trucks Ford could sell over 100,000 a year... Why isn't Ford jumping on this opportunity?  

Because there just isn't much money in it. 

Volvo offers no medium duty trucks and the one Mack builds is an oversized expensive tank that doesn't sell too well.  Good chassis for a 5 yard dump but that's about it. 

7 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

The updated E eries looks like it has a longer nose.

7M- looks like a photo shop to me..Either that or the worker putting the grill on is a dwarf and they are putting 22.5's on an E-350 as rubber looks big too.

also IO think a lot of that OAP assembly footage is when they first started building the new  cab...too many "idle hands" IMO standing around.  Also one shot shows a  truck with a V-10 emblem.

• Like 2

I think the still photos used in YouTube videos are generated by YouTube's algorithm or AI tech. So the still photo for this particular video may have been taken by the generated YouTube tech during the scene while the camera on the factory floor was panning from side to side. So the quick snapshot by YouTube caused the distortion of the still photo to make it look like the updated E-Series was being previewed. There was nothing discussed in the video at all about an updated E-Series nor any indications of such in the title and description. So I doubt it was intentional for clickbaiting purposes.

16 hours ago, Joe771476 said:

How are those grilles and side markings attached? Are they snapped in or are they using adhesive?

I wouldn't know since I only replied to the video regarding the mistake in video description (Toyota instead of Ford). I don't work at the plant nor in general manufacturing whatsoever. I'm sure those here who do could chime in and properly answer though.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:12 PM, rmc523 said:

If we're talking about this....1000%

image.thumb.png.c3124c127816442a0083b8f6f67f4f7f.png

They took an existing Super Duty front end and stretched it to force it to fit.

Look at the Ford emblem, which they didn't even try to get at the right perspective - it's completely straight on.

It may be fake, but it looks a lot better than the current version.  

3 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

2025 Pete 329?

339776251_Untitled7copy.thumb.jpg.3bfc7149097fce5e0c9d43ef5d63e16c.jpg

I'm afraid you have let the cat out of the bag.  Paccar today is at 72 bucks. But once word gets out that Paccar has recognized that millennials are the new market and the likes of Tesla and Nikola will dominate class 8's leaving the scraps to the likes of Freightliner and Volvo, the stock will take off.  Rumor has it that Jac the Knife is now on Paccar's board and has convinced them that the magic he worked at Ford by giving away the class 8 business will work as well at Paccar.

Just as the millennials are now clothing themselves in Carhartt garb, a Pete or Kw emblem will elevate their stature when they drive their class 4 pickup to the stable, or "club"- be it yacht or golf.?

By the way, my Carhartt vests, jackets, coveralls are so tattered after countless washings that don't  get the oil and grease stains out, to say nothing of the holes associated with careless chain saw use,   I could probably sell everything for a good buck.  Look at the success of the jean market with the ripped -tattered look!

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2023 at 9:02 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

CH
Hah..I do but I don't have leather "chain saw" chaps or whatever they call them, but winter grade Carhartt coveralls do a good job of slowing an idling chain before it comes to a stop.

A friend said he was working with a chainsaw once when it slipped and hit him in the thigh. He saw red and immediately dropped the saw and grabbed his thigh to stop the bleeding.

He said it took forever for his brain to register the fact that there wasn't any pain or wetness and that he hadn't actually been cut at all, and the red was just the lining of his insulated coveralls...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

A friend said he was working with a chainsaw once when it slipped and hit him in the thigh. He saw red and immediately dropped the saw and grabbed his thigh to stop the bleeding.

He said it took forever for his brain to register the fact that there wasn't any pain or wetness and that he hadn't actually been cut at all, and the red was just the lining of his insulated coveralls...

LS.."Been there..done that"  exact same experience. A real dumb move- huge old maple had gone down.main trunk is semi   horizontal and I'm walking on it, even though had patches of ice..working on  major off shoot and suddenlyI start sliding backwards, saw comes out of cut and in instant I let go of trigger saw hits my thigh-big puff of red!

Wife did a good job of stitching it back together- the Carhartts that is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

With he Silverado HD getting a ZR2 and ZR2 Bison trims, I think it is time for Ford to respond with a Super Duty Raptor. 

Don't delay order today!

https://www.megarexxtrucks.com

$29,900 plus the Super Duty. But if you started with an XL or base XLT, It would probably be priced about where Ford would put it, although with only the puny 40 inchers, not the 46's.

Edited by Chrisgb
spelling

On 4/10/2023 at 7:27 PM, Bob Rosadini said:

7M- looks like a photo shop to me..Either that or the worker putting the grill on is a dwarf and they are putting 22.5's on an E-350 as rubber looks big too.

also IO think a lot of that OAP assembly footage is when they first started building the new  cab...too many "idle hands" IMO standing around.  Also one shot shows a  truck with a V-10 emblem.

Have you ever seen an E550?  I have, they're huge!