Shelby GT Version of GT-H going on sale.

oldracer

The Car Connection has the news that Ford has approved a Retail version of the Shelby GT-H called the Shelby GT for the 2007 MY.

325 hp and available only in Black or White with Siver stripes...it will have the Shelby scoops etc, just a different color scheme...

Nothing a blower won't fix........ :bandance:

I am on my dealer's list, he called me this morning to offer it to me.......I accepted

Guest Sixcav

With respect to the GT-H, the actual Hertz rental version they have announced plans to sell them too. Now personally I wouldn't buy one of these cars because it's only a 25 horsepower gain over the stock GT version and frankly you can get that 25 hp for a lot less then you're going to pay for some stickers and a Shelby logo. I don't know how many of you guys read Modified Mustangs, but its my favorite Mustang mag, I really enjoy it. They have an article in the current edition (Sept 06) about the GT-H and they also announced the plans to sell them once Hertz is through with them. Here's the plan as follows from the article.

"Ford and Hertz have worked out a plan to sell the Shelbys to the public. When Hertz gets done with the cars, they will be put up at a Ford auction. Ford dealers will be given the chance to bid on the cars and set the prices. Then they'll resell the cars."

Let me just say "Fuck that!!!!" Bascially they are saying right from jump street that they "will" rip your ass off. You will pay premium prices for a used GT-H that is only 25 more horse than a GT with a Shelby sticker kit on it. I read the article and most of the parts used are off the shelf from Ford racing. Not to mention that you'd be buying a car that has been put through a real thrashing before you got it so chances are you're going to have to make repairs and maybe even rebuild the motor. If you want to keep it all "Shelby Orginial" you're going to have to work with Shelby Automotive out of Nevada and that means you will pay big dollars if you have to replace any of the parts they put on the car. It's not worth it. You're paying for a name, that's it. It's some stickers and a couple of simple mods you can do yourself. Over rated crap. But, PT Barnum was right, there's a sucker born every minute. Hertz dealers are already fielding phone calls about when they will sell the cars.

With respect to the GT-H, the actual Hertz rental version they have announced plans to sell them too. Now personally I wouldn't buy one of these cars because it's only a 25 horsepower gain over the stock GT version and frankly you can get that 25 hp for a lot less then you're going to pay for some stickers and a Shelby logo. I don't know how many of you guys read Modified Mustangs, but its my favorite Mustang mag, I really enjoy it. They have an article in the current edition (Sept 06) about the GT-H and they also announced the plans to sell them once Hertz is through with them. Here's the plan as follows from the article.

"Ford and Hertz have worked out a plan to sell the Shelbys to the public. When Hertz gets done with the cars, they will be put up at a Ford auction. Ford dealers will be given the chance to bid on the cars and set the prices. Then they'll resell the cars."

Let me just say "Fuck that!!!!" Bascially they are saying right from jump street that they "will" rip your ass off. You will pay premium prices for a used GT-H that is only 25 more horse than a GT with a Shelby sticker kit on it. I read the article and most of the parts used are off the shelf from Ford racing. Not to mention that you'd be buying a car that has been put through a real thrashing before you got it so chances are you're going to have to make repairs and maybe even rebuild the motor. If you want to keep it all "Shelby Orginial" you're going to have to work with Shelby Automotive out of Nevada and that means you will pay big dollars if you have to replace any of the parts they put on the car. It's not worth it. You're paying for a name, that's it. It's some stickers and a couple of simple mods you can do yourself. Over rated crap. But, PT Barnum was right, there's a sucker born every minute. Hertz dealers are already fielding phone calls about when they will sell the cars.

Darn. Ford's selling a car that consumers actually want.

I admit, that shifter's pretty darned cool:

sgtknobi.jpg

Guest Sixcav
Darn. Ford's selling a car that consumers actually want.

Not this consumer. I guess that's a nice shifter. Just one problem. All the Hertz cars are automatics. To get the GT shelby with a manual you have to buy the civillian version which is not a Hertz car.

Edited by Sixcav

Not this consumer. I guess that's a nice shifter. Just one problem. All the Hertz cars are automatics. To get the GT shelby with a manual you have to buy the civillian version which is not a Hertz car.

I wouldn't take one of those Hertz cars even if they were given to me. I cannot even imagine how badly they're getting beaten out there in the field. Makes for an interesting durability experiment.